Robbing b*****ds

Rang local vets up yesterday to get a prescription so I could send it off to vets UK for some milbemax. Turns up cheeky c**ts said £17.86 please honest to God my legs went could not belive it. Wasn't getting no meds off them Just abit of paper ffs ? 

Edited by Bangersanmash

11 minutes ago, Bangersanmash said:

Rang local vets up yesterday to get a prescription so I could send it off to vets UK for some milbemax. Turns up cheeky c**ts said £17.86 please honest to God my legs went could not belive it. Wasn't getting no meds off them Just abit of paper ffs ? 

You're lucky ! When I asked for a prescription, they told me I'd have to pay for a prescription AND a consultation fee !

I told them to remove me from their list.

Cheers.

• Like 3
42 minutes ago, Bangersanmash said:

What do you think would be a reasonable price to pay?

52 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

You're lucky ! When I asked for a prescription, they told me I'd have to pay for a prescription AND a consultation fee !

I told them to remove me from their list.

Cheers.

I don't use the vets that much anymore only for the horses if need be 20 odd years been with them but robbing c**ts. The vets I'm with now is vets 4 pets a pay 30 pound a month for 3 dogs 10 pound each. An a get free consultation womers an advocate an jabs an kennel cough all in for 10 pound. First year you get £50  knocked off with your membership card for pets at homes. Normal bill works out 100 quid a dog for year an all that's in. I've been a member for over 3 years now an wouldn't change. All I wanted was a prescription abit of paper after 20 years of being there load of bollocks. You might say why didn't you ask vets for pets. Which I did an she says advocate cover lung an heart worm but I've always given milbemax too as I'm abit sketchy on the advocate because one of my bitches soon as she feels it on her skin shakes it off so like to give her the milbemax oral think all wormers should be oral. 

Edited by Bangersanmash
20 minutes ago, TAXI DRIVER said:

What do you think would be a reasonable price to pay?

I'd be happy paying a couple of quid. It will of cost me more to get the prescription at 17.86 than ordering the tablets from vets UK at Thirsk lol 

Edited by Bangersanmash
59 minutes ago, Bangersanmash said:

I'd be happy paying a couple of quid. It will of cost me more to get the prescription at 17.86 than ordering the tablets from vets UK at Thirsk lol 

It wouldn`t be cost effective for a private company to provide the service for a couple of quid I don`t think. eg secretary answering your call,writing the information down,getting a qualified vet to examine the information and write a prescription.Printing the prescription for you etc.Also the vet would be liable if he or she had been negligent ie given your animal a wrong prescription etc. Not having a go mate but these days nobody does anything for f... all or they`d be out of business.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Bangersanmash said:

Your prescription might work for 2 lots of medication , girl I work with gets her meds online but gets prescription from vet and it can be used twice before needing a new prescription

Vets simply don't want you to get medicines cheaper on line, and by charging anything up to £25 per prescription means you are more likely to get your medicines from them.

Theres no doubt vets fees are outrageous these days. I was quoted £225 to have an old lurcher put down !

I 'phoned my vet one time and was told I'd been removed from their list, I asked why, and was told I hadn't been in with the dogs for monthly check ups and hadn't joined the booster, worming, fleaing program.

They said they had so many new customers because of people getting pups during lock down that they were turning people away and going through their list and deleting people who "didn't visit regularly".

It didn't seem to matter that I'd been a customer since the day he came out of vetinary college !

Cheers.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Gilbey said:

The online prices and the vets price, for wormers isn't much different here. Just call in when your passing no chew

Only vets round my way is Calder that do milbemax an there's a big difference it's 47 pound for a pack of 4. Online there alot cheaper 

Screenshot_20220106-125355_Chrome.jpg

11 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Vets simply don't want you to get medicines cheaper on line, and by charging anything up to £25 per prescription means you are more likely to get your medicines from them.

Theres no doubt vets fees are outrageous these days. I was quoted £225 to have an old lurcher put down !

I 'phoned my vet one time and was told I'd been removed from their list, I asked why, and was told I hadn't been in with the dogs for monthly check ups and hadn't joined the booster, worming, fleaing program.

They said they had so many new customers because of people getting pups during lock down that they were turning people away and going through their list and deleting people who "didn't visit regularly".

It didn't seem to matter that I'd been a customer since the day he came out of vetinary college !

Cheers.

That's what a mean mate money grabbing c**ts just like rest of company's that know you need them. You look at other company's an products in life you don't use much of deals are out every week the c**ts can't give them away lol. Why can one company that's got a receptionist who goes just into the back for your wormers charge you 47 quid I know someone said to pay the staff but f**k me. That company at Thirsk I've been told that Peter off Yorkshire vet has shares in vets UK it how true a don't know. But they've got numbers off staff packing medication up big old company. They've even said its the 20 % tax what does it.  It costs 36.70 for 4 milbemax then the 20% vat which takes it to 47 quid 10.30 of that is vat. But vets UK  can sell them at 3.32 which is 13.28 for 4 add the 20% is 15.93. So Calder are charging me over 30 quid more big difference.