I keep looking.....

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fox down. Had a migraine this afternoon so not feeling my best I wrapped up and got to my seat. Wind was good. The sheep had bedded close to and I could clearly see them. I thought they will

Well guys this has been very interesting  and I have learnt a lot. I have had two units in my hands. One very expensive! Interestingly, the expensive one can still have issues! Something jus

You may well decide it is a lot of hammer to crack a nut and you alone can make that decision. There are a lot of things to consider before switching to n/v. I know for you it is a hobby same as

Posted Images

12 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

At the risk of being ridiculed.....

Sytong ht60 3-8x!

I like its layout and the comparison videos to the  pard 008 look better to me!

I'm thinking the 3-8x model because the max I will shoot at night with the hmr is 150yds.

Most of my shots, being a skilful hunter, are under 100yds. 

Any thoughts, jokes or slander?

What price you seen them at mate? It'd have to be good bit cheaper than other options (not just pard). I've heard very mixed reports, and I'd fear it'd leave you thinking "I knew nv was shitê" when in reality it's just the unit you've chosen that isn't as good as  competitor's. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, BenBhoy said:

What price you seen them at mate? It'd have to be good bit cheaper than other options (not just pard). I've heard very mixed reports, and I'd fear it'd leave you thinking "I knew nv was shitê" when in reality it's just the unit you've chosen that isn't as good as  competitor's. 

£540 Ben.

I've watched videos of comparisons and have been impressed.  And of their little add on.

I have also watched comparisons with the wraith models and other units. I know many rate the wraith but I didn't see anything much different. Gizmos maybe.

Maybe just an add on for special occasions etc would suffice and it could be used as a spotter!

21 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

Maybe just an add on for special occasions etc would suffice and it could be used as a spotter!

The new 007S is much smaller than old one so doesn't effect eye relief as badly & better image. Was in my local shop yesterday & they doing them at £500 

Edited by BenBhoy
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, BenBhoy said:

The new 007S is much smaller than old one so doesn't effect eye relief as badly & better image. Was in my local shop yesterday & they doing them at £500 

I set one of these up for a mate last week for ratting with a Rapid. I thought it was a good little unit.

1 hour ago, bumpy22 said:

Look at a secondhand ward gentlemen. Tried it against most of them at by far best digital NV ass on. Only issue is manufacturer is a nightmare to get hold off

I think if i was to go the add on route that is what i would be looking for. 

• Like 1

If you go down the add on route SD then be sure to check the scopes you want to add it onto are compatible. I was quite keen on the idea as I could swap between rifles but when I looked into it I would've had to replace all my scopes for it to work

• Like 1

Guys, I have got an add on and am quite excited by its performance  however ..... if I focus the unit on ir the reticle goes blurred and I can't seem to dial it out be it both scope and add on diopter. Scope parallax or add ons focusing 

Both ret and image are close to both being in focus but not perfectly.

What am I missing?

16 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

Guys, I have got an add on and am quite excited by its performance  however ..... if I focus the unit on ir the reticle goes blurred and I can't seem to dial it out be it both scope and add on diopter. Scope parallax or add ons focusing 

Both ret and image are close to both being in focus but not perfectly.

What am I missing?

use the focus on the nv to get the ret clear then dont touch it again and focus with the scope parallax 

• Like 1