I keep looking.....

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fox down. Had a migraine this afternoon so not feeling my best I wrapped up and got to my seat. Wind was good. The sheep had bedded close to and I could clearly see them. I thought they will

Well guys this has been very interesting  and I have learnt a lot. I have had two units in my hands. One very expensive! Interestingly, the expensive one can still have issues! Something jus

You may well decide it is a lot of hammer to crack a nut and you alone can make that decision. There are a lot of things to consider before switching to n/v. I know for you it is a hobby same as

Posted Images

So I called in the shop and he has yukon but they are only 6x.

He had a second hand at xsite 2 5-20 that he gave me to try.

It eats AA batteries quicker than a circus elephant eats peanuts!

Because it run the batteries down so quick it would not zoom!

The controls were simple enough.

The illuminater I had no cells for so could not test.

Something doesn't seem quite right so I will send it back.

I like the wraith I use on the .223 but it’s not without fault, there’s probably 3 things that annoy me a bit with it, first and most annoying is when I have it set on the mag I want it on ( normally x8 ) and want to put it on standby it drops a mag down to x4 ( the mag goes up in 4’s ) so before I put it on standby I find myself going up a mag to x12 so when I turn it on it’s on x8, secondly, it goes up to x24 digital mag, past x12 it’s pretty much unusable, x4, x8 are very clear x12 is ok for a long shot, the rest is a waste of time, thirdly, the ir it is supplied with is pants and it works best with a variable laser ir ( they are not cheap) oh yeah and you will need a laid back mount because it was designed to go something like a AR15, Jesus, why the hell did I buy this thing

saying all that, now it’s set up it’s very easy to use and it works very well for me, the one shot zero is good and been a day/night it also works well during the day at sensible mag and the 4 aa batteries last for a long, I’ve used quite a few different nv’s now but have never used one that didn’t have it’s faults,  for me nothing beats a good quality scope and a lamp, but the more time I spend out on my own I fine the nv and now thermal makes my life easier, especially when I’m at the shoot or the sheep farm where foxing is more of a job now

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

I notice the yukon rt 6x50 does go to 12x.

It seems quite a simple unit

I'd suggest the n450s is actually a simpler unit to use (no wifi, no built-in recording ability - less bumf) whilst giving an improvement on picture quality.

• Like 2

Whatever you choose I would try and try a few before you buy one. I procrastinated for ages while my mates bought different sets ups, it worked well as I got to try them all and listen to whatever complaints the owner had too. For me I really get on with the pard but different things suit different folks

• Like 1

Or just avoid all the faff Mr Sausage like me and stick to simplicity ???? I bought a Pard 007 and 008 and 019 spotter and couldn't see through any of them , I put it down to wearing glasses so gave up. The best I ever looked through was a Grade A Archer which was brilliant but very expensive. Still waiting to look through mates Pulsar C50 but I just cant get away from lighting up those eyes..??

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Or just avoid all the faff Mr Sausage like me and stick to simplicity ???? I bought a Pard 007 and 008 and 019 spotter and couldn't see through any of them , I put it down to wearing glasses so gave up. The best I ever looked through was a Grade A Archer which was brilliant but very expensive. Still waiting to look through mates Pulsar C50 but I just cant get away from lighting up those eyes..??

I get that partner. Its a paradox.

How long do these things last? That's another question!

Good old fashioned light works all the time. 

But then I wonder about getting those clever ones but then again they might see the ir and I'm back to square one. That leaves thermal being the only real option but it's to expensive ?

Edited by Sausagedog