I keep looking.....

.....then the doubts set in.

So expensive (for me). What if they are rubbish. To fiddly. I can't see squat up close like controls.

I see second hand units for sale. No idea what is good or bad.

Night vision scopes. I'm talking NV scopes, sights.

What is the cheapest clearest, easiest to operate NV sight?

I just don't know what to do ?‍♂️

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fox down. Had a migraine this afternoon so not feeling my best I wrapped up and got to my seat. Wind was good. The sheep had bedded close to and I could clearly see them. I thought they will

Well guys this has been very interesting  and I have learnt a lot. I have had two units in my hands. One very expensive! Interestingly, the expensive one can still have issues! Something jus

You may well decide it is a lot of hammer to crack a nut and you alone can make that decision. There are a lot of things to consider before switching to n/v. I know for you it is a hobby same as

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

How much. Will it work on that scope you just got?

Yea they sit on the back of your scope , good bit of kit a lad I no has one, they push on to back of your scope so can slip it on anD off for day time / night time and cost around 300 

3 minutes ago, Elchapo said:

Yea they sit on the back of your scope , good bit of kit a lad I no has one, they push on to back of your scope so can slip it on anD off for day time / night time and cost around 300 

I know that friend. 

There are the old 12mm oled screens,  16mm oled screens.

I tried one of them but found it a bit fiddly. I wondered what else is there out there.

I all seems a little daunting.

Edited by Sausagedog
1 hour ago, Sausagedog said:

How much. Will it work on that scope you just got?

Yes it will work on that scope nicely. The problem i think you will have is whatever you get will have to be an add on. That's because you use your hmr in the daytime as well as night so cannot devote it to a night vision scope. Personally i would probably look for a second hand Wardy 800, i have one here and it fits that new scope nicely and works a treat on it.

1 hour ago, Elchapo said:

The latest version with improved screen/sensor and shorter is 530 pound. 

5 hours ago, ianm said:

Yes it will work on that scope nicely. The problem i think you will have is whatever you get will have to be an add on. That's because you use your hmr in the daytime as well as night so cannot devote it to a night vision scope. Personally i would probably look for a second hand Wardy 800, i have one here and it fits that new scope nicely and works a treat on it.

The latest version with improved screen/sensor and shorter is 530 pound. 

Ian. I have two hmr rifles ( its OK, I'm good about it), one for day and one for night.

• Haha 1

I use a pard 008 on my 223. I am a techno retard and find it easy. I admit I got a mate to zero it but now it's just on/off switch on the pard and same on the ir .... even I can do that. Its also good enough to use in the day if I want to. I looked at the 007 but it only works on scopes with parallax focusing, which none of mine had, and struggles with some of the better scopes due to coatings apparently. I'd have had to change all my scopes to use it so it made more sense to dedicate it to one rifle.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

Ian. I have two hmr rifles ( its OK, I'm good about it), one for day and one for night.

Well that opens up lots of possibilities. A nice Gen2 tubed scope would be my preference, press a button to switch on, kill something and press the button to switch off. However you may find it a bit heavy walking about with and the most mag with a tubed is only ever going to be x6 although i have shot a fox with mine at 280yds. What about something like the wraith 4k or the Wulf 4k, my mate has just bought the latter and he is raving about it. I haven't looked through it myself yet but i will and i will let you know what i think of it. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, ianm said:

Well that opens up lots of possibilities. A nice Gen2 tubed scope would be my preference, press a button to switch on, kill something and press the button to switch off. However you may find it a bit heavy walking about with and the most mag with a tubed is only ever going to be x6 although i have shot a fox with mine at 280yds. What about something like the wraith 4k or the Wulf 4k, my mate has just bought the latter and he is raving about it. I haven't looked through it myself yet but i will and i will let you know what i think of it. 

Don’t know about them wolf units but the wraith weighs a ton, not so bad on a big cf but it'd ruin balance and cart round all night feeling of a hmr. 
there’s a new mini wraith that would prob suit hmr

• Like 1
2 hours ago, BenBhoy said:

I looked at and used a wraith before I bought my pard. I think they are probably better quality but definitely heavy. The main thing that put me off though was the need to constantly focus it. The pard seems a lot more forgiving over varied ranges, perhaps not the same picture quality but I decided I was happy to trade that for not having to refocus everytime I looked at something 

• Sad 1
14 minutes ago, Tyla said:

I looked at and used a wraith before I bought my pard. I think they are probably better quality but definitely heavy. The main thing that put me off though was the need to constantly focus it. The pard seems a lot more forgiving over varied ranges, perhaps not the same picture quality but I decided I was happy to trade that for not having to refocus everytime I looked at something 

I think this new mini wraith is only about 100g heavier than pard 008. 

I think for Bernard, the controls of the wraith be easier to get to grips with than the pard. 

• Like 1