More bad news

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've never had permission to course hares, even before the ban. Its allways been illegal for me, so no change. Will a magistrate put a 70 year old man who's dog run off and chased a big rabb

It's all but over for average lurcher owners, sure there'll be the die hards that will carry on regardless but normal lads that made up the majority are getting out of the game for one reason or anoth

Phil ,I used the same word when I posted my disgust on their page earlier..... embarrassment!!! Then the patronising words that you don't need to take one for the pot nowadays as food is easily a

Posted Images

The net is closing from all directions. Shooters are also getting it with packham and the general licences. Endless attempts to stop you shooting and load of rules. It is going to get worse and worse. Plus the big hooharr on gun ownership and the police are looking for an excuse to take your licence going by the news. 

Edited by terryd
  • Like 1

??? We were 'bounced' by the CA and field sports almost the day after we marched for them... And i made EVERY march.

Then they sort of forgot about us for a few years... BUT we didn't do ourselves any favours either..!

Feck them, the CA & shooters will get their 'comeuppence' soon enough... Their clock is running thin now anyway. I can't wait 'NOT' to give them any support.

I'm 54, never had one written scrap of permo, never really wanted one. Played the 'great game' before and played it forever after. Makes not a jot of difference to me, never seen it any other way...

If ye can't 'nip on and nip off' without making a fuss, your a piss poor poacher anyway and you'll be fecked... ?

2 minutes ago, Bosun11 said:

??? We were 'bounced' by the CA and field sports almost the day after we marched for them... And i made EVERY march.

Then they sort of forgot about us for a few years... BUT we didn't do ourselves any favours either..!

Feck them, the CA & shooters will get their 'comeuppence' soon enough... Their clock is running thin now anyway. I can't wait 'NOT' to give them any support.

I'm 54, never had one written scrap of permo, never really wanted one. Played the 'great game' before and played it forever after. Makes not a jot of difference to me, never seen it any other way...

If ye can't 'nip on and nip off' without making a fuss, your a piss poor poacher anyway and you'll be fecked... ?

?

Cheers.

• Thanks 1
28 minutes ago, Bosun11 said:

Spot on Bosun ......The problem was each section of country sports went their own way, shooting and fishing didn't want to know us and ironically they will both be the next one's to get stitched up ,fox hunting were shameful in their behaviour,dog lads were hung out to dry and used as a bargaining tool ....... like you I'm 55 never had any permission, but proud to say have never smashed anything up never stole anything, just ran my dog and went home , even had a copper stop me one night and ask if I had a spare rabbit.......how different it was then ?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
On 04/01/2022 at 19:57, Bangersanmash said:

I've seen older than 70 year old men in jail mate so don't think the age thing matters. But like you say more chance getting pulled travelling Miles away but if your from areas with just boxed in land then your going to travel. You've done well to hit 70 an not looked for permission the old ways. The buzz of on an off without getting caught is what its about. Atb

That shouldnt be what its all about. It should be about the dogs, and not ego boosting. People who say they dont want permission are without exception liars in my opinion. Getting permission and being able to concentrate on the dogs and not looking over your shoulder all the time is part of being dedicated to the sport and the dogs. Trouble is it takes determination which many expect in their dogs but lack it themselves. 

• Like 6
6 hours ago, jeemes said:

That shouldnt be what its all about. It should be about the dogs, and not ego boosting. People who say they dont want permission are without exception liars in my opinion. Getting permission and being able to concentrate on the dogs and not looking over your shoulder all the time is part of being dedicated to the sport and the dogs. Trouble is it takes determination which many expect in their dogs but lack it themselves. 

Its a catch 22 pal. You get the majority that have gone from poaching to permission turn into drips. It's like they've never poached before an would go out of there way to ring law if they see anyone poaching or kick off. I've never wanted permission mate because you have to keep up your expectations an do what the land owner wants. I'm wanting to get on the land an off with no worries. Not thinking f**k me I'm guna have a run in with game keeper which many do who have permission. I know keepers that have shot all quarry on the land just to stop lads who have permission coming on keepers going on like it's there land then lads with permission thinking it's there's to much head ache for me. A like to get up have a spin an off home or to Cafe for a bite to eat an a cuppa. When your hunting on these big estates you an keepers are in each others pockets an way of each other both have something to prove. The keeper doesn't want lurchers running round his birds an scaring them if there's a shoot on day after or lads don't want keepers an gun men shooting day before or keepers doing his rounds on a night with lamp checking up before lads go lamping.  An a know lads have traveled many miles an turn up with no quarry has they've been ghosted. With me am on that land quarry I go for live on top of the sod so i don't have that stress so am good so a don't need permission. A don't go over to Lincolnshire much any more as its not like it used to be numbers are down an it's too hot.  But i do go on decent land over east Yorkshire an can say the quarry are as good there than up Lincoln if not better. I've taken lads who've just run Lincolnshire an said these are decent ---- ? test the dogs to there abilities 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Bangersanmash said:

Its a catch 22 pal. You get the majority that have gone from poaching to permission turn into drips. It's like they've never poached before an would go out of there way to ring law if they see anyone poaching or kick off. I've never wanted permission mate because you have to keep up your expectations an do what the land owner wants. I'm wanting to get on the land an off with no worries. Not thinking f**k me I'm guna have a run in with game keeper which many do who have permission. I know keepers that have shot all quarry on the land just to stop lads who have permission coming on keepers going on like it's there land then lads with permission thinking it's there's to much head ache for me. A like to get up have a spin an off home or to Cafe for a bite to eat an a cuppa. When your hunting on these big estates you an keepers are in each others pockets an way of each other both have something to prove. The keeper doesn't want lurchers running round his birds an scaring them if there's a shoot on day after or lads don't want keepers an gun men shooting day before or keepers doing his rounds on a night with lamp checking up before lads go lamping.  An a know lads have traveled many miles an turn up with no quarry has they've been ghosted. With me am on that land quarry I go for live on top of the sod so i don't have that stress so am good so a don't need permission. A don't go over to Lincolnshire much any more as its not like it used to be numbers are down an it's too hot.  But i do go on decent land over east Yorkshire an can say the quarry are as good there than up Lincoln if not better. I've taken lads who've just run Lincolnshire an said these are decent ---- ? test the dogs to there abilities 

I know what you mean about the keepers pal ....We were given permission by a landowner, he's the President at my son's rugby club,to lamp rabbits after the shooting season was over,we had to let the keeper know a few hours before we went on the land,no problems we did .

We respected the land, never did anything wrong, but the keeper then decides to start shooting them with his rifle although he'd never bothered before, meaning a few weeks sport lasted only a couple.

This season he doesn't answer our calls and ignored my son's offer to go beating with him , obviously doesn't like lurcher lads but not got the balls to tell us ....... but ironically we got permission a few miles away where his boss leases some of the land to put sheep on and the quarry is more varied ??

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Bangersanmash said:

Don’t take this the wrong way but everyone and everywhere is different and while I accept that plenty of what you say is true........ having good permission off good folk...... is a fecking godsend in this day and age for anyone wanting to work their dogs hard. 

• Like 8
15 minutes ago, zigzag dan said:

I know what you mean about the keepers pal ....We were given permission by a landowner, he's the President at my son's rugby club,to lamp rabbits after the shooting season was over,we had to let the keeper know a few hours before we went on the land,no problems we did .

We respected the land, never did anything wrong, but the keeper then decides to start shooting them with his rifle although he'd never bothered before, meaning a few weeks sport lasted only a couple.

This season he doesn't answer our calls and ignored my son's offer to go beating with him , obviously doesn't like lurcher lads but not got the balls to tell us ....... but ironically we got permission a few miles away where his boss leases some of the land to put sheep on and the quarry is more varied ??

That's great news for you mate that's what a mean tho it's all about the dogs if the dogs had a gun mountrr to top of the napper they'd be fine  ? 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Don’t take this the wrong way but everyone and everywhere is different and while I accept that plenty of what you say is true........ having good permission off good folk...... is a fecking godsend in this day and age for anyone wanting to work their dogs hard. 

A agree in some aspects and as you build up trust you get left to do as you like but here’s something for you a few spots of permission a have a used to poach just rabbits mind on lamp once a got permission a can’t go on til certain times of year and can’t lamp it ferrets only so sort shot myself in foot because a won’t lamp it now as a think that’s been disrespectful so some of my good spots are just for ferreting now.

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Am happy how I am an you still get grief from law even if you have permission as they alway give you  it's against the law to run hare or rabbits with a dog. I've just been watching a clip on YouTube about up north on fieldsports channel. It's going back a year an they've  spotters up there with handheld radios members of the public out and about with the law.                                                                                                            So say if they spot you with dogs then there onto you back on radio to law the games done with dogs mate. Only guys that will be okay are lads who do abit of ferreting with nets no dogs. An I've not taken it the wrong way mate im happy with how I am.                                                                                                           Get dropped off just before dawn soon as light breaks do what I've got to do have a good morning with my son.  Then give a buzz on blower there a good few miles away in a serive station. I'm already out of the area with dogs on public right of way few pictures taken off all the right of ways just incase you never know do you. Send the pictures to wife at home for back up you know what laws like. At this time im recording our conversation always do that. But it's only come to that once which never came of nothing even after a good few hour chase what went on moving till evening good crack.. Even Lincolnshire coppers said good chase lol as we was on foot so there was no stopping motor up we made them work. Wasn't until eye in the sky came out an dog handler that they caught up with us. We had abit of banta there was only one rusty head who was the dog handler that was a c**t. Others were cush said you've done your home work with taking pictures of public right of ways. But the dog handler who was checking the phones deleted them on my phone right b*****d. But lucky I'd forwarded them to the wife. So I sent them in to the local cps to send them on. There was no letter through my door. So that's why a said I'm fine what am doing. But atb to you mate in what you do. 

21 minutes ago, Havelightforcewilltravel said:

A agree in some aspects and as you build up trust you get left to do as you like but here’s something for you a few spots of permission a have a used to poach just rabbits mind on lamp once a got permission a can’t go on til certain times of year and can’t lamp it ferrets only so sort shot myself in foot because a won’t lamp it now as a think that’s been disrespectful so some of my good spots are just for ferreting now.

Aye mate like I said, everyone and everywhere is different. I’m quite lucky, I have a pretty good relationship with a lot of the local estates, farms and keepers and have built up a level of trust over the years. Do a lot of lamping, bushing and digging on perm, and actually get the keepers hassling me to go out ?. Do a bit of beating and odd bit of help here and there but in all honesty just have a pretty good reputation for killing what needs killing and being a decent and sensible sort with it. If I was just into the terriers I could have more perm then I’d know what to do with. Lurchers can be a bit of a dirty word everywhere but on a lot of my land they have seen their place alongside the gun. 

7 minutes ago, Bangersanmash said:

Am happy how I am an you still get grief from law even if you have permission as they alway give you  it's against the law to run hare or rabbits with a dog. I've just been watching a clip on YouTube about up north on fieldsports channel. It's going back a year an they've  spotters up there with handheld radios members of the public out and about with the law.                                                                                                            So say if they spot you with dogs then there onto you back on radio to law the games done with dogs mate. Only guys that will be okay are lads who do abit of ferreting with nets no dogs. An I've not taken it the wrong way mate im happy with how I am.                                                                                                           Get dropped off just before dawn soon as light breaks do what I've got to do have a good morning with my son.  Then give a buzz on blower there a good few miles away in a serive station. I'm already out of the area with dogs on public right of way few pictures taken off all the right of ways just incase you never know do you. Send the pictures to wife at home for back up you know what laws like. At this time im recording our conversation always do that. But it's only come to that once which never came of nothing even after a good few hour chase what went on moving till evening good crack.. Even Lincolnshire coppers said good chase lol as we was on foot so there was no stopping motor up we made them work. Wasn't until eye in the sky came out an dog handler that they caught up with us. We had abit of banta there was only one rusty head who was the dog handler that was a c**t. Others were cush said you've done your home work with taking pictures of public right of ways. But the dog handler who was checking the phones deleted them on my phone right b*****d. But lucky I'd forwarded them to the wife. So I sent them in to the local cps to send them on. There was no letter through my door. So that's why a said I'm fine what am doing. But atb to you mate in what you do. 

Sounds like you have it very well well sussed mate and a good system in place. I also go plenty of places I’m not meant to be, but there is something nice, especially if you’ve got lads out with you, to be able to park the motor in the yard behind closed gates, and just run the dogs with not too much stress, pick any game up in the motor and be able to deal with it all proper etc. Take it down chiller and hang it up. Then go for a few pints. I don’t like stress. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Bangersanmash said:

The bit about the radios reminded of one day myself, LDR and another lad were out for roe.

We dropped one lad outside a copse with my old Doberman, and me and Danny posistioned ourselves on the other side with a Bruce and Delta.

we radioed the lad and told him to slip the Doberman and she would work the copse.

sure enough, two roe flew out. And Bruce was slipped on one, which was pulled in a farm yard.

"Bruce has pulled, Bruce has pulled, meet back at the car" Danny called on the radio.

The radio then crackelled and a voice came over "This is a restricted Chanel and a restricted area, identify yourself immediately! ".

We beat a hasty retreat, we were very near a military firing range ! ? !

Cheers.

• Haha 4