Gatherers

Just been watching through some clips on YouTube an there's that group of gatherers back on the beat up Lincolnshire an round newark.  But did you know only when they've lawfully arrested you do you have to state your identity Boyz. You don't have to give them it if they've just detained you at the road side. It's different if they catch you on land they will lawfully arrest you then you can still tell them to f**k off an hope for best. Many years ago I had a big chase up Lincolnshire from 9.30 in the morning till 4.30 in the afternoon to which we had the dogs with us when we eventually got pulled on foot. I told the gatherers you've got to have proof of us coursing he said farmers have seen you walk past there properties with dogs. " So I've said and our dogs are on leads clasp leads " Gatherer couldn't come back with anything other than you was trespassing on his land. An I told him you can walk any land without permission until the landowner tells you otherwise just walking that is. An a told him not at one point have we been pulled by the land owner. Just an off duty stinker. I've taken pictures of many public footpaths by this time on my phone an phone was clean a never have anything on my phone illegal anyway. But I thought I'd just put this up to lads who are off out this season just to be careful. They wasn't happy about my views on the law an my rights an couldn't take motor nor dogs. But said you'll get a letter in the post which didn't turn up which I knew it wouldn't. So all I can say is all the best for the season lads an keep doing what your doing. An respect the land owner no driving the land.. 

Screenshot_20220104-100709_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20220104-100747_YouTube.jpg

Edited by Bangersanmash
  • Like 1

What's it slang for ?

Ive heard of peelers and all the other slang words for police, but never gatherers.

Maybe p***y speak ?

When I read the title, for some reason I thought it was some new type of womble or clanger or borrower ! ? !

Cheers.

Edited by chartpolski
  • Haha 2

I never worry anyway  tresspass is a civil matter its land owners descresion half the time unless your taking the piss wrecking land breaking gates damaging crops worrying live stock etc why would they be bothered right to roam I say 

• Like 1
20 hours ago, TOMO said:

gatherers ....never that before im assuming you mean the police ..cops 

You are correct TOMO,...I seem to have grown up hearing those fecking words,.. "Dik Ki, my Chavy, we better jal on .. the Gavvers are coming"...?

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 1
12 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

What's it slang for ?

Ive heard of peelers and all the other slang words for police, but never gatherers.

Maybe p***y speak ?

When I read the title, for some reason I thought it was some new type of womble or clanger or borrower ! ? !

Cheers.

It's just the same as the borrowers bit bigger

11 minutes ago, Penda said:

I never worry anyway  tresspass is a civil matter its land owners descresion half the time unless your taking the piss wrecking land breaking gates damaging crops worrying live stock etc why would they be bothered right to roam I say 

Deez nuts 

1 hour ago, Penda said:

It's true but some lads bring there self's on top like them on YouTube jumping out an giving them who was on the phone to law a good hiding. Faces all over dash cam call handler listening to the chap screaming. A laughed at first only because of the screaming but then thought it doesn't look good when they show that footage to local community round that area in local wmc if they have a get together. Every one gets looked at the same. The hunting games f****d. It wouldn't matter if you had whippet an a few ferrets round them areas they would still be straight on phone to law. Soon as they see a lurcher calls going through.. An sorry to the ones who corrected me on my spelling i do apologise ffs one has even been on Wikipedia ? 

1 hour ago, mackem said:

It was always gavvers ?

EN.M.WIKTIONARY.ORG

Edited by Bangersanmash
  • Haha 1