410 safari

Me and a mate had different plans for today but they fell apart at the last minute. We had to find something to do as consolation so decided on a wander with the 410s. Had a great morning in the end.

20220103_110124.jpg

20220103_135749.jpg

• Like 13

8 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

Nothing wrong with a 410 at all?

I seldom use mine but whenever I do I really enjoy it. I have to admit being jealous of my mate pump gun, an extra shot or too would've been handy a few times today lol. Remembering to cock the hammer was an issue at the beginning of the day too

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Tyla said:

I seldom use mine but whenever I do I really enjoy it. I have to admit being jealous of my mate pump gun, an extra shot or too would've been handy a few times today lol. Remembering to cock the hammer was an issue at the beginning of the day too

Brilliant Tyla, I had a hushpower .410 as well as hushpower 20 (still got the 20),both good. I swapped the .410 for an ugartechea sbs .410 which is also good fun. You’ve set me off now, must get out with it. Is yours a cooey?

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Dervburner said:

Brilliant Tyla, I had a hushpower .410 as well as hushpower 20 (still got the 20),both good. I swapped the .410 for an ugartechea sbs .410 which is also good fun. You’ve set me off now, must get out with it. Is yours a cooey?

It is indeed a Cooey. I swapped it for 2 boxes of cartridges at the midland in 1999. Its not done a huge amount since but has been very entertaining whenever it's got to come out the cabinet

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Tyla said:

It is indeed a Cooey. I swapped it for 2 boxes of cartridges at the midland in 1999. Its not done a huge amount since but has been very entertaining whenever it's got to come out the cabinet

Well it looks like it proved entertaining this time too. I don’t know what you had planned originally, but I bet this outing was just as good, if not better ??

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Netmaker said:

Picked up this little 410 a couple of weeks ago nice and light need to get a new firing pin for it 

IMG_20211125_133900.jpg

IMG_20211125_133842.jpg

I’ve got that same gun folding poachers gun quite old made in Braintree maybe many years ago but then I heard a story a lot were manufactured in Belgium, It’s nice how the hammer bends slightly to the right so you can see down the barrel, when I get home tomorrow I will try and get a pic of mine.

• Like 4

I never really understood the poachers gun name.

Sure they are concealable  but one could cut the stock off and make it ever easier to conceal.

In saying that, as a kid I did know a chap that walked his whippetxgreyhound with one of these in a special pocket in his long coat, just in case like.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

I never really understood the poachers gun name.

Sure they are concealable  but one could cut the stock off and make it ever easier to conceal.

In saying that, as a kid I did know a chap that walked his whippetxgreyhound with one of these in a special pocket in his long coat, just in case like.

I have enough trouble hitting anything with mine eith the stock on, if I cut the stock off I'd probably be better throwing it at things lol

• Haha 3

Here is a couple of pictures of my old folding 410 similar if not the same gun as @Netmaker it’s got a name on the stock of George Bartram who was born in 1840 who was the local gunsmith in Braintree in Essex, who went on to be known as Mr Braintree for all the good things he did for the town of Braintree,  I love little stories like this associated with old things.

George Bartram was a prominent figure in the life of Braintree and was instrumental with William Julien Courtauld in getting the Town Hall built. He was the first Chairman of the Council to occupy the new Town Hall in 1928 and accepted the gift of the building on behalf of the inhabitants of Braintree.

4B8583E2-CC34-4896-ABB5-A60B4C05B0D7.jpeg.5745efe3bf10352fe6a9006795237dca.jpegD64091AD-12D9-4065-9FC4-67C4AE05ABDA.jpeg.eb5dcc25aa41cb68e68ef2a74dfbdb66.jpegBE0C8328-5880-4D98-A0F8-1150B7CAF5EC.jpeg.8154501fcd8c3a1ee1bfdeae7e5c2450.jpeg

• Like 6