Bloke, In A Boat

My brother was in the army when I was younger so he always brought me ex army gear. I spent years mooching and gamekeeping wearing either his ex army stuff or my dad's old wellies and donkey jacket. I often measured 20 mile days on the map while wearing Dunlop steel toe cap wellies  

I had been wearing an old nuclear/chemical /biological smock for years before I found out what it was ?

Have a look in cabelas  in the states shops the size of 4 football pitches. Camouflage sofa, beds, furniture. Can buy fishing boats, quads,bow ranges, quiet unbelievable. Have a cafe in them serving moose or some kind of local meats can t recall exactly but spent a day in the shop.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Qbgrey said:

Have a look in cabelas

Their on line catalogue's some ardent late night alone mans material!

Had some Wrangler® denims from them. The absolute quality of them just blew me away! It just shows how the rest of the world takes the piss out of us. Chucking us their floor sweepings in every conceivable way.

Septics wouldn't stand for the shit they flog off to us.

7 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

Have a look in cabelas  in the states shops the size of 4 football pitches. Camouflage sofa, beds, furniture. Can buy fishing boats, quads,bow ranges, quiet unbelievable. Have a cafe in them serving moose or some kind of local meats can t recall exactly but spent a day in the shop.

My mate Dave works in Cabela's ?? look at the size of the Christmas tree in the entrance, they had a full size Santa's winter cabin inside for kids with stuffed caribou to pull the sled. 

IMG_20220103_175639.jpg

IMG_20220103_175551.jpg

IMG_20220103_175723.jpg

IMG_20220103_175742.jpg

Screenshot_20220103_160455.jpg

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Their on line catalogue's some ardent late night alone mans material!

Had some Wrangler® denims from them. The absolute quality of them just blew me away! It just shows how the rest of the world takes the piss out of us. Chucking us their floor sweepings in every conceivable way.

Septics wouldn't stand for the shit they flog off to us.

That’s correct when I was thier 5 to 6 yrs back I bought camo tops for the kids it changes colour with the seasons. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, mackem said:

My mate Dave works in Cabela's ?? look at the size of the Christmas tree in the entrance, they had a full size Santa's winter cabin inside for kids with stuffed caribou to pull the sled. 

IMG_20220103_175639.jpg

IMG_20220103_175551.jpg

IMG_20220103_175723.jpg

IMG_20220103_175742.jpg

Screenshot_20220103_160455.jpg

That brings back memory’s what area was that store in.?? Bloody great place for a bit of shopping I think I done 2000 usd in seconds?

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

That brings back memory’s what area was that store in.?? Bloody great place for a bit of shopping I think I done 2000 usd in seconds?

That's at tanger outlets mate, just outside Ottawa, look above the fly shop bit, that's a full sized stuffed moose, they also have Jim shockeys record moose in there, again a full body mount. 

IMG_20220103_181242.jpg

IMG_20220103_181205.jpg

IMG_20220103_181023.jpg

IMG_20220103_181104.jpg

IMG_20220103_181006.jpg

IMG_20220103_180946.jpg

5 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

Yup crazy shop. The front looks similar to the Seattle one I went in.even the supermarkets got a lot of hunting. Fishing. Camping gear. I’m hoping to go out again once (or if) this covid shit fuks off

Bass pro bought cabela's out a few years ago, there's about 200 stores from florida up to alaska, ridiculous sized stores,the one in tanger has a really nice trapping section, everything from gopher to wolf, leg-holds, power ram snares, scent lures, the lure section smells constantly of deer piss as people always take the tops off bottles ?

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Qbgrey said:

Mate went to Arizona about 15 years back, spent £1000 then lol 

Cheers, D.