anbody else shoot gallery rifle at 50y

had another quick go on friday and shot a nice 186ex200 so not too bad .today went 178ex 200 for the first card so not so good.2nd card was average too then card 3 started first shot was low and left so i adjusted the scope a little and out of nowhere i shot a 96 maybe 97 out 100.best ever previous best was 95 out of 100 with the same gun but i am using a different powder(n340).so chuffed to feck and it made up for a average go on the clays this morning.

50 yards gallery 113.JPG

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, .357shooter said:

had another quick go on friday and shot a nice 186ex200 so not too bad .today went 178ex 200 for the first card so not so good.2nd card was average too then card 3 started first shot was low and left so i adjusted the scope a little and out of nowhere i shot a 96 maybe 97 out 100.best ever previous best was 95 out of 100 with the same gun but i am using a different powder(n340).so chuffed to feck and it made up for a average go on the clays this morning.

50 yards gallery 113.JPG

Ever tried greendot or herco?

That's not bad shooting. Are the flyers you or the trigger?

cheers for the nice comments.not tried any powder other than bullseye and now n340.first shot was the low and left one so i adjusted the scope for the rest.the two others to the right were me getting a little anxious about fecking the card up.lots of pressure.do not like pressure.wierd thing was after that card the next was at the top of the black but still a good group.no idea how the point of aim changed by about 3" high.

Now and again at Bisley, I don't have the right tools but a few of the guys have Winchesters and similar so we have a pop now and again. 

My eyes are not really up to the open sights these days so I would struggle to get your result!

:thumbs:

On 02/01/2022 at 22:05, KimE said:

For pistol shooting a 3" change of impact can be; standing a bit different, holding the grip different, the sun are going up or down, getting tyred and jerk the trigger.

thinking about it the sun was going down and the light was going fast.never noticed a change in the poi before.

Then I shoot blackpowder revolver we have the same target as you on the same frame over and under each other and my point of impact with the halfround front sight sometimes makes my impact move from 10 up to 6 just changing target. Our range has the sun coming in from the side.