Just now, SheepChaser said:

Yep. That is very true. But my point is, some folk can get rather worked up about stuff that doesn’t really effect anything much at all. 

No doubt but for me I wanted to know exactly what I had, I could of probably had better dogs if there had of been a dash of something else in them and I was definitely breed blind but it's just how I was. 

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's a few wheatan types owned by mates in the U.K. and Ireland. Two first crosses and their litter; Two line bred Wheatan/greys; Two litter sisters,  Deerhoun

it's nice to see the season of goodwill too all men and that malarkey is officially over. 

A christmas tale was good crack I can see why irish lads hate the english though  english lads talking about Wheatonx have a good 2022 lads ?

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

No doubt but for me I wanted to know exactly what I had, I could of probably had better dogs if there had of been a dash of something else in them and I was definitely breed blind but it's just how I was. 

Sorry I don’t think I’m being clear. I’m not doubting that it’s good to know what is exactly in a dog. I like to know the exact amounts of anything in my hounds and be able to trace it back. But if someone says let’s see your wheaten xs then you’re gonna get wheaten/bull mixes and whatever else. I wouldn’t say it’s a wheaten x is one of its grandmas once looked at a wheaten across the street, but if an animal has 1/4 wheaten in it then I’d say you could call it a wheaten x. I’ve two dogs here with 1/8 wheaten in and I wouldn’t say they were wheaten xs though. Sorry not really much help ? 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, W. Katchum said:

Looks like somebody having another fad ? what happened to the beddy crosses that where the best about? Or them too if the range bully’s you bred? Russell? Or even the hounds??  Fcuk me you get about lad now you on here like a wheaten expert ???

He is called ‘wheaten al’ though so I reckon he’s knows his stuff on the wheatens .....

• Haha 1
30 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Sorry I don’t think I’m being clear. I’m not doubting that it’s good to know what is exactly in a dog. I like to know the exact amounts of anything in my hounds and be able to trace it back. But if someone says let’s see your wheaten xs then you’re gonna get wheaten/bull mixes and whatever else. I wouldn’t say it’s a wheaten x is one of its grandmas once looked at a wheaten across the street, but if an animal has 1/4 wheaten in it then I’d say you could call it a wheaten x. I’ve two dogs here with 1/8 wheaten in and I wouldn’t say they were wheaten xs though. Sorry not really much help ? 

Right o I get ye now. ??

• Like 1
4 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Looks like somebody having another fad ? what happened to the beddy crosses that where the best about? Or them too if the range bully’s you bred? Russell? Or even the hounds??  Fcuk me you get about lad now you on here like a wheaten expert ???

Can’t say I’m bothered about that reply tbh, had the old beddy cross till he died of old age, had the old bull grey bitch till 3 weeks ago died of old age. My pal took the Russel about two weeks ago. I still have the little hounds and couldn’t do the Russel justice because I’m out with the beagles to much and yes the same old little hound is here I had back all them years ago old and grey now and still works like a good un, he was first one. he’s out this morning on a drive. I’ve been around wheaten crosses a long time 18 years as my pal keeps a cracking line and know them well. Times are changing the bull crosses are on top. Was a pleasure keeping them, I’ll miss keeping them tbh. Good to see your on here still obsessed as always. My first and last reply to you say what you like ? 

Edited by Wheaten_al
4 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

I remember when the silly sod was fence hopper an everythjng he touched ended up the best ever ?

Fence hopper ? ? didn’t he have a romance with miss lurcher peddler and it all went Pete tong ???  

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Wheaten_al said:

Old dotty will never change bless him, need to me tbh she had a dog of me yes but I never spoke to her after that as I said I had the sister till few weeks ago till she passed of old age was a honest bitch couldn’t of asked if much more of 

I remember you use to be a angry young man on here ? I hope you found your inner self and chilled out a bit ?

my memory is not what it use to be ? but I remember something about you putting a shit pet bull to a greyhound and you was after miss lurcher peddler for PTS the pup or something ??? Jog my memory for me fences ?

Edited by Big Ron
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Wheaten_al said:

I have pal I was a young man back then, older and wiser now. Keep a good circle of friends and keep my head down. Bought my first house and just enjoy going out with the dogs and watching my girls box. Life’s much simpler that way?

Girls box , you mean daughters ?Explain ? How old are they ? 

46 minutes ago, Big Ron said:

Girls box , you mean daughters ?Explain ? How old are they ? 

I call them my girls pal same difference lol just a habit. my younger girls only been going about 8 months she’s coming on well, the 13yr old is doing very well, competing at a high level. I enjoy it as much as the dogs tbh no good being a punch bag dad though?

Edited by Wheaten_al