16 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I won’t drink now till valentines , only had 3 or 4 cans of smiths and a whisky over the whole Xmas period 

do it every year . 

Exactly the same mate.Had 3 double vodkas new years eve and that was it for the whole christmas holiday.Could be months now before I have another drink.

• Thanks 1

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Am cutting back. Spend less money on whores and smoke less crack 

Not to be so f****n nice to people........better a good turn than a bad,be a good person with a kind heart,let your past make you a better person.........yeah well f**k all that shit my new years reso

I’ve never understood the come home from work and crack open a can of beer, I love a drink in good company and will drink my fill, never appealed to sit at home watching the box and drinking though….

I’ve never understood the come home from work and crack open a can of beer, I love a drink in good company and will drink my fill, never appealed to sit at home watching the box and drinking though…. Not a dig at those that do, just not for me….

got a 40th in Surrey this weekend, then won’t drink for a while, nothing going on so no need… usually do a couple of months start of the year with not a drop 

• Like 4

Not had a drink for the last 3yrs .. 

Was a time I'd be in the pub every night after work for 3 or 4 drinks before going home . 

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, downsouth said:

Exactly the same mate.Had 3 double vodkas new years eve and that was it for the whole christmas holiday.Could be months now before I have another drink.

I drank 10 bottles of desparados on Xmas Eve,and had 8 last night and a few whisky's as it was my birthday few of us spent the night out in the camper vans doing a spot of fishing and we made a homemade curry...I won't drink again now until summer time when we start going away again, always a few cold ones in the fridge but I don't touch them for months at a time ?

I am going to start trying  things to eat this yr that I've not been a fan of eating in the past, getting older so not a bad idea to make a few small changes?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, NEWKID said:

I’ve never understood the come home from work and crack open a can of beer, I love a drink in good company and will drink my fill, never appealed to sit at home watching the box and drinking though…. Not a dig at those that do, just not for me….

got a 40th in Surrey this weekend, then won’t drink for a while, nothing going on so no need… usually do a couple of months start of the year with not a drop 

Ive never understood that either....admittedly i didnt really even start drinking alcohol until my 50's but have still always loved the pub atmosphere and general social occasion of being around booze.....no way could i sit indoors drinking on my own though i think id feel a bit of a sad case......as said,not a dig just not for me.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1

I seriously need to start putting my phone down and keep off here more often, that goes for many of you lot as well. 

But what else is a man to do? ?

I'll wean myself off slowly, I'll only come on during work hours. ?

On 01/01/2022 at 19:29, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I don’t buy into the whole new year new me shite as people are creatures of culture and comfort but I’ve ironed out a list I’ll be rigidly sticking to from Monday ?

mine are 1 hour a day of training 

One hour a day of education 

Better time management 

get more sleep 

eat better 

nothing too life changing really , just trying to be a 2.0 version this time next year 

anyone got any ?? 

What you doing for the education?

I'd like to do something a bit drastic. Contemplated some January challenges but I'm off the scale unfit/overweight. As others have said... I'd generally want to improve health fitness, keep earning and be doing stuff with my kids. 

But another part of me wants to live on a desert island or other remote isolation or some substantial challenge...but then that feels selfish when you have a young family, so then I'm looking at holidays like active / adventure, although somewhat limited by one of my kids health issues (location wise) but still if nothing else it's a distraction to the next couple of months, think I'll be glad to see the days lengthen and getting kids out in the water. 

I just know I'm not gonna be joining a gym , sake I've barely motivation to write this ??

• Haha 3
50 minutes ago, Borr said:

I'd like to do something a bit drastic. Contemplated some January challenges but I'm off the scale unfit/overweight. As others have said... I'd generally want to improve health fitness, keep earning and be doing stuff with my kids. 

But another part of me wants to live on a desert island or other remote isolation or some substantial challenge...but then that feels selfish when you have a young family, so then I'm looking at holidays like active / adventure, although somewhat limited by one of my kids health issues (location wise) but still if nothing else it's a distraction to the next couple of months, think I'll be glad to see the days lengthen and getting kids out in the water. 

I just know I'm not gonna be joining a gym , sake I've barely motivation to write this ??

What type of exercise do you like doing?

15 minutes ago, VOON said:

What type of exercise do you like doing?

These days walking or swimming, I've thought about having swimming lessons actually. Used to like doing weights and some boxercise/bjj stuff but not since my twenties, started picking up injuries going into my thirties, get away with sporadically training and punishing your body earlier in life. 

In hindsight I'd have moved somewhere with wilderness on the doorstep I think. Kids are settled in school now, I've grown tired of driving an hour each way for a short mooch. Going to have to find something other than just my walks, I have a kick about with the kids each week but I don't relish it. I've actually signed them up for a club now to have a kick about,so no more of that. I've always enjoyed swimming, might start off with some lessons and see where it leads....

• Like 1