• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good luck with that ?

Teaching bellend not to eat pigeons ? @gnipper

My pal had some really nice one but gave up on them recently as he lives in East london and everytime he let them out you could guarantee a peregrine would appear and take one out within minutes

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

One of the latest with the Sooties is using these high power water pistol things filled with acid......they are literally doing drive by acid shootings....dirty little c**ts !

Like my pal said you know to be on your guard with the darkies round his way especially the somalies because you know the might stab or squirt you whilst trying to rob you but it was a white fella who done him for no reason other than he had a load of gob whils full of beer and charly and was coming unstuck.

33 minutes ago, C.green said:

Whats the craic with these horseman thief pouters lads ? What sort of setup do theh need and would u be ok with a trio or need a few ?

It depends what your wanting them for mate, if you just want to watch them fly ut then any pigeon shed or kit box will do. If your after trying to catch other pigeons they need to be kept solitary so they are desperate for a jump and them you need a trap or box fir them to work to trying to lure other birds back into. 

Thats a young feral cross bird I've caught a few ferals and racers with this year.

Screenshot_20211201-195507_Gallery.jpg

Edited by gnipper
Added pic
  • Like 1

Tbh nipper i just fancy something different not fussed on catching other birds with them just sommat to messabout with over the summer but without having to go all mad getting lofts up or kitboxes sorted.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Na they will bring em back to shed if you just leave door open or where ever you keep em, just keep em full off steam ( horny). An then they will range further looking for others, can get addictive once you start catching ?

They race pigeons a similar way; widowhood 

17 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

He warned tho they ain’t like them gay rollers haha they will try an attack you ?

The baby was watching my cuban doo attacking me yesterday and I think I might have added pigeons on to the list of stuff she's scared of ?

14 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

They race pigeons a similar way; widowhood 

Widowhood are flying back to get to their mates aren't they when they see them on basket day? Pouters are going out finding a mate, I'd be interested to see if you left a racing loft open would the cocks go and find their own hens.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, gnipper said:

Widowhood are flying back to get to their mates aren't they when they see them on basket day? Pouters are going out finding a mate, I'd be interested to see if you left a racing loft open would the cocks go and find their own hens.

Not there mate no; basic principle is they see a hen in there box before they go and expect to get some when they come back but they don't necessarily.

You can race cocks widowhood to a set of hens that are breeding/ flying natural or roundabout with their mates.

25 minutes ago, sid g said:

really never had that with mine otherwise i`d of never got em back from a training toss / races  widowhoods  based on loyalty to the one hen .

Am I mixing it up with something else sid? I can remember the birds being specs in the distance exercising around the loft and I'm sure they where the widowhood cocks. 

5 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Na they will bring em back to shed if you just leave door open or where ever you keep em, just keep em full off steam ( horny). An then they will range further looking for others, can get addictive once you start catching ?

Thats what caught me eye about them they look like got bit of character can u break adult birds to your own place or better off buying few stock birds ?

14 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

If you get a pair of them you can either let them have a round of young an then let them out an they ain’t go far an always return so automatically hanted ( broke to your place) or you can also let them run in a hood or cage where they can see the outside of the loft an then you can lock one up an let one out an it usually won’t go far an will want to come back to your place, if you have any birds broke your yard it will help as you can just pair a pouter to say a roller for a week an use the roller to hant it, but if your starting fresh then you do it ways iv said mate

when keeping them the way most do, you have set of boxes in your shed with a hole going outside, with a hood, like a pram hood net type thing to cover to them over, on the boxes you will have a main box with the hold to outside an a flap from inside the hit, so you can access it, either side is a smaller box with a hole from main box into them, they got a flap but no hole to outside, can block on of the holes to main box off with mesh an lock your hen in there an drop the hood so he cock bird can fly off, he will but won’t go far an with his hen locked in her box he can hear her from the main box an landing board so will keep coming back, then lock him up an let her out, once they have landed in your board a couple times your sorted, can even jist lock one up an stand outside loft with other an once it hears it’s hen inside it’s false box then let it flap over to board, an hour half way there, it’s not hard but you will always lose odd one starting fresh, lots videos on YouTube I’m sure, treat em like pigeons an they great fun, too many folk scared to let them go ??

I've watched a program that was about doo men some characters they were, and by the story's they were telling they had some bitter fallen outs over them

• Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Need the separate pens cos if you pen them together it gets tk point you let them out an they will do a lap of the estate then sit on roof all day chatting shit to each other ? same as if you get them fat an unfit, they just like dogs in that sense, an many a good dog man makes a decent pigeon man same as other stock, once you wise to one it easy to pick others up?

Every animal I've got is fat and fcking useless ?

1 minute ago, W. Katchum said:

Well I’m glad you said it pal ?

Dogs are quite sharp in fairness but it's a constant battle to stop the wife feeding em. She baked a fckin cake for the pigeons other day 

• Haha 2