Old Lurcher Photo Colouring

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Evening guys hope this post is allowed.  I have recently learnt how to colour black and white photos on Photoshop. I've been doing some of sighthounds and posted them on  Instagram (sighthoundsin

Could you colourise this treasured old photo of my grandad ? Cheers ?    

Cheers pal.  My only other one so far, hoping to do one tonight.    These are sighthounds on display in the USA in the year 1940. Not sure of any other details. 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Bosun11 said:

Really nice mate ?

Any chance you could bang a few more up, for those of us that ain't on instagram? ?

Cheers pal. 

My only other one so far, hoping to do one tonight. 

These are sighthounds on display in the USA in the year 1940. Not sure of any other details. 

IMG_20211229_233732_295.jpg

IMG_20211229_233732_305.jpg

Edited by yorshirerose
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Thanks everyone for kind feedback. Had a go at the ones above but groups are out of my skill range at the moment but I'll keep trying. 

Instead I had a go at this old fella I'm guessing from the crook he was a shepherd? Any other ideas what he might have been doing?

Screenshot_20211230-203159.png

Screenshot_20211230-215147.png

Edited by yorshirerose
  • Like 1
45 minutes ago, yorshirerose said:

Thanks everyone for kind feedback. Had a go at the ones above but groups are out of my skill range at the moment but I'll keep trying. 

Instead I had a go at this old fella I'm guessing from the crook he was a shepherd? Any other ideas what he might have been doing?

Screenshot_20211230-203159.png

Screenshot_20211230-215147.png

He's a goose or turkey drover, the crook is to small for sheep and as it goes i have the end of a really old fowl crook sat in my shed that i pulled out of a burnt out shed on a old farm i was clearing out at work.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, fireman said:

He's a goose or turkey drover, the crook is to small for sheep and as it goes i have the end of a really old fowl crook sat in my shed that i pulled out of a burnt out shed on a old farm i was clearing out at work.

Amazing thanks. Why would he have a sighthound for that? Or did he just grab the crook/dog for the photo do you think 

36 minutes ago, yorshirerose said:

Amazing thanks. Why would he have a sighthound for that? Or did he just grab the crook/dog for the photo do you think 

?That jukel looks to be a typical old style, South Downland cur,.. and it looks near as dammit, to a Smithfield  type as I've seen..?

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1