Shocked

Bangersanmash

2 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

Few lads i know who bush with russels their worry now is not so much if they drop in a billy sett it's if they feck off on a roe scent were roe are now getting more common even on patches of land surrounded by housing and industrial units in Rotherham.

Off subject......but I used to work on my dads milkround around Thorpe Hesley........Rotherham...(about thirty years  go) as early as two am delivering milk.....surprising how many times I’d spot a lamp in the fields around there.....up near garden centre etc.

But back to the deer it’s surprising how I’ve been seeing more last few years...when I lived in North Yorkshire there were plenty of deer, unfortunately there was also a ridiculous amounts of ticks.......I still took my socks in now.

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, Shortstraw said:

Off subject......but I used to work on my dads milkround around Thorpe Hesley........Rotherham...(about thirty years  go) as early as two am delivering milk.....surprising how many times I’d spot a lamp in the fields around there.....up near garden centre etc.

But back to the deer it’s surprising how I’ve been seeing more last few years...when I lived in North Yorkshire there were plenty of deer, unfortunately there was also a ridiculous amounts of ticks.......I still took my socks in now.

In all probability that might or would have been me. Do you know the Ringo bells pub at Kimberworth park the land opposite now holds a few roe I filmed one on my phone the other year nr the chemical factory. 

On 29/12/2021 at 15:41, Bangersanmash said:

Just been out for a decent mooch local an passed over local golf course back to my yard. As I come through the bit of wood I've seen a roe deer deep in the cover of the wood. So just messing about a thought Al see if my parson bitch can start tracking the roe. So I've took her into the wood soon as she's got to the point where the roe was her nose was down deep into the mouldy leafs. Am thinking she's never guna get onto this lol. But this bitch proved me wrong she's took me all the way through one wood in an out of all the undergrowth an fallen down tree to come out at the other end. "An wife's saying she's messing you about come on silly c**t like women do thinking they know best I'm not out with you working dogs lar lar lar ranting " ?. Anyway I've just blanked her an I'm just following the bitch she's on the middle of the golf course by now and stops.  I'm looking down an there's hoof prints in the soft green she's started tracking the cent of the roe again to the side of the motorway so I've called it a day. But I've never ever used this bitch before as a tracker just a rabbiting bitch an odd rusty. As any one else got a parson that is good at tracking a didn't thinking they would with them not being a hound an just a terrier. A know there good at marking up in cover an round Warren's an earth's but this was a good mile track lol

I learnt very quickly that my old staff knew her job. Middle of a field and there was a pile of cut logs etc. We entered the field and she was straight on it. Flushed rabbits left and right out of it. Trust the dog ;)