Nettle rash cures?

Normally dry East Anglia is muddy AF this week. Mild weather means nettles are already regrowing and it's driving dog and ferrets round the bend. We are used to it early and late in the season but if it's all season I feel the need to do something. Does anyone have tips to reduce the irritation on their feet? 

PXL_20211227_093638210.jpg

PXL_20211227_113512980.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Luckee legs said:

Normally dry East Anglia is muddy AF this week. Mild weather means nettles are already regrowing and it's driving dog and ferrets round the bend. We are used to it early and late in the season but if it's all season I feel the need to do something. Does anyone have tips to reduce the irritation on their feet? 

PXL_20211227_093638210.jpg

PXL_20211227_113512980.jpg

Don’t know about a cure for it but letting a dog stand in cold water seems to help, I sometimes ferret near a beach and nettles can be a problem, dogs seem to be relieved of the pain of being nettled after standing in the sea, atb

Edited by Countryman62
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Countryman62 said:

Don’t know about a cure for it but letting a dog stand in cold water seems to help, I sometimes ferret near a beach and nettles can be a problem, dogs seem to be relieved of the pain of being nettled after standing in the sea, atb

Maybe it's the salt water. Will definitely try this. In breaks between action when the dog switches off its like the dogs feet are on fire  

I don't see how letting a juk stand in water going to help with nettle stings ,try it on yourself by sticking your hands in water after getting stung ,it may help for a min but once out the water it stings more ? Pop a antihistamine tablet in dogs mouth or get some alavera gel and rub into pads as this works with my 3 ,

My old whippet x not bothered about nettles but it drives young bitch mad and the gel always calms her down, 

Atb 

• Like 1
21 hours ago, Bosun11 said:

Doc leaves... ?

As it goes they work but just rubbing it on don't work,you have to really juice it up and slap it on and if you blended a pile and bottled it it would take the sting out of the sting as it were..:thumbs:..

• Like 2