Pest control in Florida something bit different

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who wants to own a snake? Fecking weirdos ? Cheers, D.

I was at a bird auction the other night and there was an iguana in a tank, only went for a tenner. It was in Wigan so that poor bugger probably got eaten as well .........straight under a crust. 

Posted Images

9 hours ago, MH1 said:

Give owning one of those a miss

They grow very big and easily eat a adult human ,one wraps you ,your in trouble and this is why they should go on dwa list so only experts can keep them or maybe just leave them in African scrub to eat deer 

• Like 2
9 hours ago, mackem said:

They are very adaptive, yes those pics are taken in Bangkok, walk any klong and your going to see them in numbers, I put a pic up on here years ago of one eating a bullfrog, in Bangkok they thrive, I can imagine if they were in Florida they would quickly become a major league pest. Webp.net-resizeimage.thumb.jpg.4a2e39d834ef937ada85290c19cf5e0e.jpg

If they was in florida they'd be a big problem as the fear nothing unlike a snake that fears most stuff and only strikes out of fear or hunger ,they got nile monitors but they nothing like these dustbins that do hunt and feed in groups ,

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

They grow very big and easily eat a adult human ,one wraps you ,your in trouble and this is why they should go on dwa list so only experts can keep them.

This is what I can never get my head around, Mooch. Back in the day, I was at a 'show', public were admitted too. They had these hatchling Green Anaconda's. Beautiful, vivid green. Gorgeous markings. Next to nothing in price. I'd seen much bigger slow worms too.

It was a lip chewing moment. The girl said they " Come out of the egg, biting. " Which didn't enamour me. But, it was actually that she said they fast grow out of that lovely, vibrant green that made me sigh and move along.

Nothing to do with the fact that I could easily be taking home a thing, in a little plastic pot ~ No Questions Asked! ~ which, in a relatively short time, could well end up eating my fukking Dog, before coming after Me!!! Then, god help the next door neighbours! :icon_eek:

And yet, if I wanted some small, furry thing that might deliver a nasty little bite or scratch, if grabbed at? Chances are, I'd have the weight of the entire city against me.

It's not f***ing right, is it? :no: Fukking idiots charter, basically. 'Go forth and fukk up, big time. We'll follow the mess.'

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Ken's Deputy said:

" Come out of the egg, biting. "

Egg? Anaconda? :laugh:

As for eating a fully grown human even the biggest examples of reticulated pythons and green anacondas would struggle to get past the shoulders, AFAIK there's never been a confirmed report of a fully grown adult human being eaten by a snake. They'll kill you in minutes though and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it if you're on your own and a 15+ft snake starts throwing coils round you.

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, BGD said:

As for eating a fully grown human even the biggest examples of reticulated pythons and green anacondas would struggle to get past the shoulders, AFAIK there's never been a confirmed report of a fully grown adult human being eaten by a snake. They'll kill you in minutes though and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it if you're on your own and a 15+ft snake starts throwing coils round you.

Nothing gets past you mate ? ? 

• Haha 1
47 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

What's getting past Me is where I ever mentioned a snake Eating a human ?

But, ye know the vibe round here; Never let simple truth get in the way of a quick, cheap point ;)

I wasn't replying to you with that point you sensitve little flower, the topic of giant constrictors eating humans had come up earlier in the thread.

Now back to these anacondas that come out of eggs :laugh:

1 hour ago, BGD said:

Plenty of humans have been taken by large scrub python in Africa and one person was eaten in the states when he had a fit with a large reticulated python "pet " free roaming his home and it did eat him ,make no mistakes these snakes can and will bite ,wrap ,crush you to death then go on to eat you .I've been around and handled these snakes qnd no way would I try handling one on me own and definitely wouldn't feed one with out at least one very  ,knowledgeable person with me .

Some grow a lot larger than those on record and something taking a full size deer can easily eat you as long as your not mc HULL ? 

15 minutes ago, BGD said:

I wasn't replying to you with that point you sensitve little flower, the topic of giant constrictors eating humans had come up earlier in the thread.

Now back to these anacondas that come out of eggs :laugh:

No they don't lay eggs but all pythons do ,have you seen a very large female anaconda? She'd eat you easily ,six ft human to q 20 Something feet heavy snake ,I put my bets on the snake if she crushed you .

1 hour ago, BGD said:

They eat full size deer with antlers as well  human shoulders lol ? we not all big and fat are we ,they take a average person easy .

2 hours ago, Ken's Deputy said:

This is what I can never get my head around, Mooch. Back in the day, I was at a 'show', public were admitted too. They had these hatchling Green Anaconda's. Beautiful, vivid green. Gorgeous markings. Next to nothing in price. I'd seen much bigger slow worms too.

It was a lip chewing moment. The girl said they " Come out of the egg, biting. " Which didn't enamour me. But, it was actually that she said they fast grow out of that lovely, vibrant green that made me sigh and move along.

Nothing to do with the fact that I could easily be taking home a thing, in a little plastic pot ~ No Questions Asked! ~ which, in a relatively short time, could well end up eating my fukking Dog, before coming after Me!!! Then, god help the next door neighbours! :icon_eek:

And yet, if I wanted some small, furry thing that might deliver a nasty little bite or scratch, if grabbed at? Chances are, I'd have the weight of the entire city against me.

It's not f***ing right, is it? :no: Fukking idiots charter, basically. 'Go forth and fukk up, big time. We'll follow the mess.'

No they should come under dwa license ,you no what it's like at reptile shows they display nice hatchlings or young but no word on how big they really get 

• Like 1