Price of agricultural land

I know there is a few folk on here from the Gloucester area and I was wondering if anyone knows the rough cost of land per acre, I,m after something that is either along the Gloucester sharpness canal or the river Severn between Gloucester and Tewkesbury which is all flood plains and will never be suitable for developing ??? 

• Like 2

I was speaking to a local sheep farmer/arible farmer Christmas Eve about land he was saying some land can be had for as little as 10k a acre for agricultural land he said only problem is most land is not sold in small enough lots making it affordable to for normal people to buy like us it’s sold in large lots only suitable for wealthy people to invest in 

5 minutes ago, poxon said:

I was speaking to a local sheep farmer/arible farmer Christmas Eve about land he was saying some land can be had for as little as 10k a acre for agricultural land he said only problem is most land is not sold in small enough lots making it affordable to for normal people to buy like us it’s sold in large lots only suitable for wealthy people to invest in 

Small plots around here make good money for horsey people. 10k about average price per acre I would have thought 

From my understanding its cheaper to buy much more than it is less; inlaws just bought 1.5 acres in Cornwall that could have been horse paddocks so it cost nearly 90k. 

WWW.ONTHEMARKET.COM

Find the latest properties available for sale in Gloucestershire with the UK's...

Bit there - 0.5 acres of grazing land at 10k

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

From my understanding its cheaper to buy much more than it is less; inlaws just bought 1.5 acres in Cornwall that could have been horse paddocks so it cost nearly 90k. 

WWW.ONTHEMARKET.COM

Find the latest properties available for sale in Gloucestershire with the UK's...

Fcuk best get my parents to sell there 3 acres and buy 20 ?

17 hours ago, South hams hunter said:

WWW.ONTHEMARKET.COM

Looking through some of these adds I recon 10k in a carrier bag and a bit of door knocking should see me find a plot between half an acre and an acre, a new quest for the new year cheers 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Looking through some of these adds I recon 10k in a carrier bag and a bit of door knocking should see me find a plot between half an acre and an acre, a new quest for the new year cheers 

Yeah it should, especially the type of land you want. Soon as horses and/or auctions get involved ?

• Like 1