Dog scratching

My mates dog keeps scratching itself and irritating it's skin then licking area its scratching and making it worse.hes had it vets etc but was just asking if I knew of anything he could use to stop it scratching or licking the areas or something he could use to sooth or heal as I dont I thought id ask if any of you lads know of anything cheers

My dog was very itchy and it took ages to sort it. The culprits were too much protein and grain in food. Now I,ve got food proportions right and he's on a grain free diet. That might not be what's wrong with yours but just saying why mine was itchy. Also - coconut oil rubbed into its skin once a weak is excellent. It's zapps skin parasites.

• Like 1

If your mates had it to the vets as the dogs irritated by it they would of gave the dog a steroid injection an antibiotics or/and took skin scrapings to find out what the crack is.it could be something simple like a reaction to a flea bite even if the dog is flea treated up to date 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, poxon said:

If your mates had it to the vets as the dogs irritated by it they would of gave the dog a steroid injection an antibiotics or/and took skin scrapings to find out what the crack is.it could be something simple like a reaction to a flea bite even if the dog is flea treated up to date 

The vet gave him something mate I can't remember what he said but hasn't worked so he's going to try the camrosa ointment.he said was in armpit area.said she scratches it and licks it so keep irritating her so he's going to try ointment and a muzzle when he puts it on

• Like 1

Camrosa is good stuff , 

My youn runner started to loose her fur in patches when we changed the living room carpet and she was scratching all the time ,carpet came back up and scratching stopped , I rubbed coconut oil into her skin and this helped .

It could be yeast infection but it could be many things from food to a new cleaning product that makes dogs scratch and of course mange ,

Hope all turns out OK