New scope

21 minutes ago, philpot said:

Now that surprises me Jason as I thought you really liked the springer, you should have kept the hw35 and saved up for the P35 then you could have had a brace of 35's 80

Mind you I never use the hw35 I have so I dare say it will be going at some stage.

Phil

Was a cracking gun mind Phil, but it had been to the range about 2 times and didn't get used over the 97, so it's just collecting dust, wasn't expecting much for it bit was oddly surprised.

• Like 1

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I really like the P35 Jason, accurate and now a bit quieter now I tweeked the shroud mod and fitted a spare mod I had kicking around.  The new Carm mags work a treat with 11 shots instead of 9 in the

Had my eye on this scope for a while now  So went to the range today and bought it  Don't know the name of it but its German made  And got the old ar on the front of it  Know a cou

I can't beleive the specs on that!  Resettable zero! Side Focus...  I know there are three or so factories in China making most of the scopes outside of EU manufacturing, when you consider t

Posted Images

A bit of a step backwards, my lovely new scope is no longer on the gun............................ Up until yesterday, I had only used the gun/scope combination in the garden but after struggling a great deal with the scope at the local range to the point that at 25mt, I couldn't see the target lines or the 5mm spots no matter how I adjusted the side focus and mag.  Now I do have a cold which is making my eyes water so seeing the reticle and target a bit tricky BUT today my pal was there and he couldn't focus on the target.  I picked up a Mamba Lite and Airmax out of the shop, no issues at all even with my cold, I could see easily.  The fault was with the scope so I phoned Simon at 'Premium Quality Air Rifle Accessories', what a great guy Simon is who was most helpful on the phone.  I think FFP is not for me after dipping my toe in the water and Simon said straight away that I could either have a replacement of the same or different or a refund. I chose a refund but this will not be the last time I deal with this company.  Even though they work from home, I was invited to go over to Leeds and try any scope in the future so I can be sure it suits me, cannot fault this service and after service.  

DSCF3818.JPG

Such a pity as it was a nice compact and lightweight little scope,  many thanks Simon for your understanding.

Phil

• Like 1
On 12/01/2022 at 18:49, philpot said:

A bit of a step backwards, my lovely new scope is no longer on the gun............................ Up until yesterday, I had only used the gun/scope combination in the garden but after struggling a great deal with the scope at the local range to the point that at 25mt, I couldn't see the target lines or the 5mm spots no matter how I adjusted the side focus and mag.  Now I do have a cold which is making my eyes water so seeing the reticle and target a bit tricky BUT today my pal was there and he couldn't focus on the target.  I picked up a Mamba Lite and Airmax out of the shop, no issues at all even with my cold, I could see easily.  The fault was with the scope so I phoned Simon at 'Premium Quality Air Rifle Accessories', what a great guy Simon is who was most helpful on the phone.  I think FFP is not for me after dipping my toe in the water and Simon said straight away that I could either have a replacement of the same or different or a refund. I chose a refund but this will not be the last time I deal with this company.  Even though they work from home, I was invited to go over to Leeds and try any scope in the future so I can be sure it suits me, cannot fault this service and after service.  

DSCF3818.JPG

Such a pity as it was a nice compact and lightweight little scope,  many thanks Simon for your understanding.

Phil

This was the problem I had with Jimmy's silver scope on the raider, only way I could see it was on full mag at that point I couldn't see anything before 30 yards with the 007 on too.

I've also had to call up bagnals and change my plan of getting the p35, I've got a good wingspan and at 26inches I'm going to be hunched up, so went for the s400 .22 instead as I know that's a great fit for me.

Atbjason 

• Like 2
54 minutes ago, JayB0 said:

This was the problem I had with Jimmy's silver scope on the raider, only way I could see it was on full mag at that point I couldn't see anything before 30 yards with the 007 on too.

I've also had to call up bagnals and change my plan of getting the p35, I've got a good wingspan and at 26inches I'm going to be hunched up, so went for the s400 .22 instead as I know that's a great fit for me.

Atbjason 

Much much better class of rifle 

And not a lot can argue with that

Tried and tested for years 

Is the s400

Not that me and Sean had out to do with your decision ???

Atvbjimmy ???

Good for you Jason, I am not a lover of the 400 series, I don't knock them just not one I would ever buy. Is it the single shot or is it a 410 with mag.  To be fair if the ultralight was a side lever with a reg, it would be really nice, anyway I hope you enjoy it, I will stick to my P35 every day of the week, we all like different.

Phil

1 hour ago, philpot said:

Good for you Jason, I am not a lover of the 400 series, I don't knock them just not one I would ever buy. Is it the single shot or is it a 410 with mag.  To be fair if the ultralight was a side lever with a reg, it would be really nice, anyway I hope you enjoy it, I will stick to my P35 every day of the week, we all like different.

Phil

Just the s400 single shot, couldn't justify paying an extra £200 just to have a mag on the rifle. I can put a conversion onto the 400 and use a mag but I'll have to manually turn it with my thumb, but I'm not that bothered, I'm a fan of the single shot just from the time I've put in on Jimmy's raider lol.

Jason

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/01/2022 at 16:02, philpot said:

Phil

Well paid off the s400 today and told them I'll be there today to pick it up, to which I was told they havnt stocked them for 6months and I can't get one, so looking at something else now, they've even put the p35 up to 650 now?

7 hours ago, JayB0 said:

Well paid off the s400 today and told them I'll be there today to pick it up, to which I was told they havnt stocked them for 6months and I can't get one, so looking at something else now, they've even put the p35 up to 650 now?

I believe you can still get a P35 under £600 and if you really want the 400/410, let me have words with my rfd, they may have a s/h one, I know they have an Ultralight, I can check it if you want.

When you say you have paid it off, can you get your money back as they have had you over, they cannot take payments for a gun they cannot get, robbing twats.

Phil

1 minute ago, JayB0 said:

Ended up getting a kral dazzle in the end for just shy of 600, just have to check it over tomorrow and get it zeroed, any problems and it will be going straight back and asking for my money back

IMG-20220128-WA0001.jpeg

Ok mate, hope you enjoy it.

1 hour ago, JayB0 said:

Ended up getting a kral dazzle in the end for just shy of 600, just have to check it over tomorrow and get it zeroed, any problems and it will be going straight back and asking for my money back

IMG-20220128-WA0001.jpeg

You will be ok with that ! Its no s400 , but its better than them p35's by a country mile

• Haha 1