" A Happy And SAFE ..." ?

58 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

:hmm: Noticed that. Like, since when did people start wishing each other a 'Safe' xmass.

Like; 'Hope you and yours have a great time! :boogy::drink: And none of you, or the kids, get blown into a butchers cabinet display, or deliberately smashed down by a truck by you know who :no:'

Since  they  all turned into pansies 

• Like 2

? Yeah,.. I find that I am saying it, more and more , especially to close friends....

I have no problems in passing on my concerns, nor do I feel any embarrassment in doing so...?

At my age,...most of my old pals have passed away,...so I am keen to hold on to the few friends I have left...

Nothing wrong in the statement,...just as long as you mean it....?

Have a good Xmas lads,.. and I hope and pray that the coming year, will be a better one... 

Warmest regards, to all genuine Goodfellas,...stay safe ,...OldPhil.?

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1
21 minutes ago, OldPhil said:

? Yeah,.. I find that I am saying it, more and more , especially to close friends....

I have no problems in passing on my concerns, nor do I feel any embarrassment in doing so...?

At my age,...most of my old pals have passed away,...so I am keen to hold on to the few friends I have left...

Have a good Xmas lads,.. and I hope and pray that the coming year, will be a better one... 

img Scans269.jpg

As it should be... Stay safe Phil... ??

40 minutes ago, OldPhil said:

I think my entire point's being 'lost', on here, mate.

Personally? I've long since made a personal Point of parting with: " Hope to see ye next week. "

That's to my mate, the butcher. And the lads who get me there and back. None of us are getting any younger. Even so, I'm older than any of them. And plenty can happen in the week between us meeting.

I never take the arrogant liberty of assuming I'll always make that next week. We never know. My Dad taught me that. Long, long ago :(

No. I have ears ~ just! And I have a memory for detail. I've noted a change.

58 minutes ago, OldPhil said:

img Scans269.jpg

That's a very nice, useful looking cur, phil.  

Stay safe ? ?

• Like 1

Yeah I'm not feeling all this stay safe bollocks. Yeah I get the sentiments of @OldPhil and in the way he's using it and how he means it fair enough. But it's a new way of 'signing off' and it's come from the age of covid. Did these same people put it on their emails when the muzzies where blowing kids up at concerts or beheading soldiers or rapeing hundreds of kids in Yorkshire. Perhaps we should hash tag #staysafe when the latest figures about black kids stabbing each other and a few white bystanders are released (or not released as the case may be). #hashtag hope you don't get heart issues from the jab.

Anyway do sleep well, merry crimbo to one and all. 

This is Dido full of prosecco, signing off, do stay alive, see you down the road etc etc etc

???????????

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
On 24/12/2021 at 22:43, DIDO.1 said:

Yeah I'm not feeling all this stay safe bollocks. Yeah I get the sentiments of @OldPhil and in the way he's using it and how he means it fair enough. But it's a new way of 'signing off' and it's come from the age of covid. Did these same people put it on their emails when the muzzies where blowing kids up at concerts or beheading soldiers or rapeing hundreds of kids in Yorkshire. Perhaps we should hash tag #staysafe when the latest figures about black kids stabbing each other and a few white bystanders are released (or not released as the case may be). #hashtag hope you don't get heart issues from the jab.

Anyway do sleep well, merry crimbo to one and all. 

This is Dido full of prosecco, signing off, do stay alive, see you down the road etc etc etc

???????????

Festive greetings to you, as well ? ?

• Haha 1
13 hours ago, shaaark said:

Am now listening to paul mcartney & wings - Mull of Kintyre.

If you don't get 'emotional' whilst listening to this, you IS INDEED A DEAD FISH!!

I get nauseous listening to Mull of Kintyre, does that count?

Cheers, D.

• Like 1