Wobbly tooth

Noticed tonight that one of my old girls (12) front top teeth is wobbly. Never known a dog loose teeth before; is it just old age? She does have terrible breath ? but she's a 12yr old lurcher! She did get in bit of a fight couple days ago, nothing serious but she did rag other dog a bit, could that have done it?
Any advice cheers

Probably infected mate by the sounds of it quite painful for the dog if it is trouble is walk in the door of a vet and it’s £30 notes before they’ve even had a look.

I remember my patt getting into ruck with a staff the staff lost a tooth whilst my old girl was clamped to its face I will never forget it the other dogs owner tripped over broke his glasses and his dog lost a tooth, his dog was off the lead these things happen sometimes.

Edited by FLATTOP
  • Like 1
15 hours ago, BenBhoy said:

Noticed tonight that one of my old girls (12) front top teeth is wobbly. Never known a dog loose teeth before; is it just old age? She does have terrible breath ? but she's a 12yr old lurcher! She did get in bit of a fight couple days ago, nothing serious but she did rag other dog a bit, could that have done it?
Any advice cheers

It’s not often dogs lose their teeth because of age, more likely they were loosened going tooth to tooth with the other dog she had the fight with, ask anyone that works the terriers, they will all have experienced that at some point, rinse her mouth out with saltwater and if the teeth are loose enough you should be able to pull them without causing too much distress to the dog if not I’m afraid it’s a vet job for you, as for the bad breath that’s probably down to poor dental hygiene, a common problem is too much plaque or tartar built up on the teeth, it’s a good idea to get several of them rubber finger toothbrushes and clean her teeth every other day with a toothpaste specific for dogs, giving the dog a marrow bone or deer antler helps keep the dogs teeth clean as well as keeping them happy and content for a few hours, all the best.

Edited by Countryman62
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
36 minutes ago, Countryman62 said:

It’s not often dogs lose their teeth because of age, more likely they were loosened going tooth to tooth with the other dog she had the fight with, ask anyone that works the terriers, they will all have experienced that at some point, rinse her mouth out with saltwater and if the teeth are loose enough you should be able to pull them without causing too much distress to the dog if not I’m afraid it’s a vet job for you, as for the bad breath that’s probably down to poor dental hygiene, a common problem is too much plaque or tartar built up on the teeth, it’s a good idea to get several of them rubber finger toothbrushes and clean her teeth every other day with a toothpaste specific for dogs, giving the dog a marrow bone or deer antler helps keep the dogs teeth clean as well as keeping them happy and content for a few hours, all the best.

Defo like you said bad breath is down to plaque build up I bought one of these best bit of kit a bought for removing plaque off dogs teeth. Gets right up to top of gums an removes the lot in one go. Saved me bare cash having this little tool did all 3 of my dogs in 20 mins. Could tell the difference in the dogs eating behaviors too when eating down on bones an kibble 

Screenshot_20211224-115641_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Bangersanmash
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1