11 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

Don't pay any of them. Don't pay or support middlemen . They are just pimping you out. Spend the money on promoting yourself 

That was my intention then a pest control acquaintance said about using these. I think I'll stick to my original idea, thanks!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 22/12/2021 at 17:38, Moorman 1 said:

Was wondering if any of you mole controllers advertise on AOPMC? Any thought or experiences would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

Know a moleman not far from me, did, although, never had a conversation, regarding, how much work it generated for him.   Ive never advertised , always canvassed for my own jobs,etc, then , obviously 'word of mouth'.    (never know though, i might have to advertise, in future, if things change, etc ?)    When i started way back, i couldnt get the volume of work, i wanted, as a trapper, cause the strychnine boys, had it all,......so it ended up a, sideline,....until, the 'white stuff' got withdrawn 2006, then there was scope here, to come back full time, trapping.    I was the ONLY mole trapper, in my area , back then,.... but now,  quite a few trappers, around here now.

35 minutes ago, earth-thrower said:

Know a moleman not far from me, did, although, never had a conversation, regarding, how much work it generated for him.   Ive never advertised , always canvassed for my own jobs,etc, then , obviously 'word of mouth'.    (never know though, i might have to advertise, in future, if things change, etc ?)    When i started way back, i couldnt get the volume of work, i wanted, as a trapper, cause the strychnine boys, had it all,......so it ended up a, sideline,....until, the 'white stuff' got withdrawn 2006, then there was scope here, to come back full time, trapping.    I was the ONLY mole trapper, in my area , back then,.... but now,  quite a few trappers, around here now.

Yes I think that times have certainly changed regarding the law/methods etc. I think once it gets around that you are operating and doing a decent job then word of mouth seems to win every time hands down!

• Like 1

Aye, that's true. I also feel its at the point , there's more than enough UK, mole trappers, now, (& they have more than  filled any void, of the previous main method , of poisoning, etc),......any folk, overly keen to offer 'training courses, etc  & maybe suggesting otherwise, are definitely only thinking of the potential easy ££££££s, for themselves, nothing more,....

• Like 1
On 24/12/2021 at 21:01, DIDO.1 said:

Don't pay any of them. Don't pay or support middlemen . They are just pimping you out. Spend the money on promoting yourself 

Yep  . I reckon all these mole- catching registers are counterproductive in many ways.

They give an  impression to the public that anyone not on the "approved" list is probably not a proper mole- catcher.  

In truth only a minority of mole-catchers are members of these Organisations.

In truth, any good mole-catcher has no need to be a member of any of them to get work. 

They also have no need to dance to any tunes whistled by the founding Masters and Grand Dragons of these minority groups . 

There was a time when  simple folk such as  myself regarded  Phillips cassette tapes as the epitome of technology and almost certainly the work of  Satan.

But Old Clem ( aka Old Nick)had more evil up his goatskin sleeve in the form of the Interweb. 

With it came the various on-line Leagues of Mole Destruction; each vying  for public attention .  Some started obvious moves be thought of as  the official voice of the Trade.

This attitude did rather understandably p*ss-off a lot of perfectly happy    , skillful and independently- minded mole-catchers .

Unfortunatly some folk such as myself were gripped with the fear that we were facing obsolescence unless we joined one of these upstart Internet registers.  Before long we sold our souls to groups like The Velvet Death Covern    British Molecatchers' R Us and the Palestine Anti Mole Front. Or was that the Anti Mole Front of Palestine?

This addition of  old timers gave creedance to the Nascent Organisations  which unfortunately added to their influence . This rush to join was a mistake that probably placed irretrievable power in the grasp of the  organisations  and encouraged their survival.

Any way  most of us realised that , apart from this one20220107_192228.jpg.1943e3774cfaa2e3dfa22e07344bc832.jpg  , they were all  bollocks and left ?

Having said that  . Anyone wishing to join my 'Leaque of Irish Mole-men and Women' need only send me €50 and l'll add their details to the register.

Edited by comanche
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
34 minutes ago, comanche said:

Yep  . I reckon all these mole- catching registers are counterproductive in many ways.

They give an  impression to the public that anyone not on the "approved" list is probably not a proper mole- catcher.  

In truth only a minority of mole-catchers are members of these Organisations.

In truth, any good mole-catcher has no need to be a member of any of them to get work. 

They also have no need to dance to any tunes whistled by the founding Masters and Grand Dragons of these minority groups . 

There was a time when  simple folk such as  myself regarded  Phillips cassette tapes as the epitome of technology and almost certainly the work of  Satan.

But Old Clem ( aka Old Nick)had more evil up his goatskin sleeve in the form of the Interweb. 

With it came the various on-line Leagues of Mole Destruction; each vying  for public attention .  Some started obvious moves be thought of as  the official voice of the Trade.

This attitude did rather understandably p*ss-off a lot of perfectly happy    , skillful and independently- minded mole-catchers .

Unfortunatly some folk such as myself were gripped with the fear that we were facing obsolescence unless we joined one of these upstart Internet registers.  Before long we sold our souls to groups like The Velvet Death Covern    British Molecatchers' R Us and the Palestine Anti Mole Front. Or was that the Anti Mole Front of Palestine?

Any way  most of us realised they   were all bollocks and left ?

Good post !