1 hour ago, Moocher71 said:

Thing is you wouldn't even know your dog got lungworm for months if you don't get regular worm counts as it takes a while to make a dog cough or show signs of it and 99 % of the time vet will say dog got kennel cough as they don't like looking out the box and it can take several visits before they look elsewhere, and slugs are only one way of getting it ,it can be spread if your dog like to roll in crap or eats something while out in field ,lungworm as many diffrent types and some are harder to kill than others ,panacur will treat it buy like been said have to give every day for a week and that's a lot of wormer ,I'll stick with milbamax and no me dogs are safe .

You must of been on the Google lol fs

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Get Milbemax from the vets mate, not suitable for collie blooded dogs though

Ten pound for 30 good as any up at the dog track 

Don't give ivermectin to collie blooded dogs and don't use more than 1/2 ml ,if unsure to inject yourself,ask a local farmer?? I use a mix,pups and nursing bitches I use panacur in the tubes ,the

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

It's all over UK now and several different types and some hard to treat .

My advise to any dog owner is regular worm counts and worm with milbamax every 3 month and if your dog eats anything it shouldn't on field pop one in its mouth just to be sure as lungworm nasty thing for a dog to get .

I use milbemax but I'm trying to get it on prescription now online as Calder vet at min are charging way too much not that a can't afford it just they know how to charge mate stupid prices. A buy a pack of four at a time 40 odd quid. I'm using the UK vets at min for a few other things but won't send milbemax without prescription 

5 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

You saying spot on wormer cleared mange up ? I very much dout it was the spot on that done the trick and do you no for sure it was mange and not just a reaction to a new household cleaner etc as lots of stuff can make a dog loose hair and get sore ,mange is hard to shift at best of times .

An over balanced diet can make a dog loose hair too too much protein in some dogs not all but there's a few there strange animals. One of my pals dogs lost its hair because he was washing its bed with fabric conditioner. Best way is straight 90 wash with nothing in just boiling water. I take mine to local cleaners an use there's because its a nightmare hair in washing machine an a ear full off wife. I've pm you mate 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

It's all over UK now and several different types and some hard to treat .

My advise to any dog owner is regular worm counts and worm with milbamax every 3 month and if your dog eats anything it shouldn't on field pop one in its mouth just to be sure as lungworm nasty thing for a dog to get .

I just use milbemax/milprazon every 3 month, which will give some protection. But I'm sure for proper lungworm cover it's monthly ?

2 hours ago, Bangersanmash said:

An over balanced diet can make a dog loose hair too too much protein in some dogs not all but there's a few there strange animals. One of my pals dogs lost its hair because he was washing its bed with fabric conditioner. Best way is straight 90 wash with nothing in just boiling water. I take mine to local cleaners an use there's because its a nightmare hair in washing machine an a ear full off wife. I've pm you mate 

Amount times I've clogged  the washing machine up washing dog beds and jackets ,like you I've had ear ache so go cleaners ? 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Gilbey said:

I just use milbemax/milprazon every 3 month, which will give some protection. But I'm sure for proper lungworm cover it's monthly ?

I give my whippet thing one a month because he had fox lungworm and he got it because he's a dirty b.......d that rolls in anything and always scavenging even though he's fed the best and as no need but that's dogs for ya 

22 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

You saying spot on wormer cleared mange up ? I very much dout it was the spot on that done the trick and do you no for sure it was mange and not just a reaction to a new household cleaner etc as lots of stuff can make a dog loose hair and get sore ,mange is hard to shift at best of times .

Well I’m not a vet so not 100 sure but it came up on him after coming in contact with a fox covered in mange and I was advised to try Advocate before going vets which cleared it up and I’ve used it ever since and never had a problem atb BB 

9 hours ago, bunnyboiler said:

Well I’m not a vet so not 100 sure but it came up on him after coming in contact with a fox covered in mange and I was advised to try Advocate before going vets which cleared it up and I’ve used it ever since and never had a problem atb BB 

Must a bin magic ? 

• Haha 1
20 hours ago, Gilbey said:

Or the Advocate mange treatment..

Says it does both. Remember having to bath a pup until the bottle of shampoo was gone

You been on lar lars last nite commenting to your sen ? Many have put the advocate treatment few comments up the page your just repeating what others have put clever lad. A full bottle of shampoo tha [BANNED TEXT] In head thee long as you leathered the pup up properly with a few squeezes of the bottle it would of done thi Same job as  full bottle you've just wasted it. Instead of giving pup a bath every day with it for a few weeks. 

3 hours ago, Bangersanmash said:

You been on lar lars last nite commenting to your sen ? Many have put the advocate treatment few comments up the page your just repeating what others have put clever lad. A full bottle of shampoo tha [BANNED TEXT] In head thee long as you leathered the pup up properly with a few squeezes of the bottle it would of done thi Same job as  full bottle you've just wasted it. Instead of giving pup a bath every day with it for a few weeks. 

Lol think you might of been, it was posted in the morning. Someone said Advocate doesn't treat mange and a few agreed, I said it treats both types, I'm actually sure I've seen them used on foxes.

It was a small bottle of mange shampoo, and that was the proper instructions ??‍♂️ can't remember how many or how often, it was around 97. It worked, had him for 16 1/2 year no bother?

On 23/12/2021 at 10:34, Daniel cain said:

Don't give ivermectin to collie blooded dogs and don't use more than 1/2 ml ,if unsure to inject yourself,ask a local farmer??

I use a mix,pups and nursing bitches I use panacur in the tubes ,then Drontal and them biheldon,just alternate between the 2 ?

It’s the ivermectin bit in other wormers that is no good for collie breeds, I use panacur on mine 

• Like 1