That’s me until New Year

Just now, sid g said:

i guess you have to think twice when you`ve got kids  . i never could fecked loads of jobs off went self employed when i was 23 , 

That's it mate, got to have that sensible voice at the back of your head these days when you've got kids and are balls deep in a mortgage. 

I've probably burnt my bridges after today mind, I shall definitely be taking the plunge after Christmas when something pops up. 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, mushroom said:

That’s me done until New year. Sat on a train right now heading to the in-laws, half cooked from last night, stinking bag of bud in my bag, mrs moaning, woman on the train hating on me already…. Only another 5 hours to go ???

What’s everyone else up to for Crimbo then?

Don’t tell lies, you are headed to the North Pole to make toys ! Lol ? 

• Haha 3
2 hours ago, Greb147 said:

The railway is just full of sickly arse lickers, that's the only way you get places these days. 

That's why I'll never get anywhere, just can't bring myself to do it, i just ain't a company man. ?

Your bang on mate it’s sickening to watch makes me cringe and the thing is the higher management know that they are arse licking to climb the ladder any way Happy Christmas ?

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, FLATTOP said:

Your bang on mate it’s sickening to watch makes me cringe and the thing is the higher management know that they are arse licking to climb the ladder any way Happy Christmas ?

Terrible pal, been going above and beyond to make sure this Christmas job doesn't get canned as well.

There's been about 6 of us on the job these last few months with a prick of a manager running the show. 

We've been putting in some some graft, going over our hours the job lot. 

I'm doing two premium shifts but got asked if I could work after Boxing Day straight through to the New Year, I said I would do these shifts providing I get on the premium at New Year. 

Nothing was set in stone mind but I was expecting what I just said, well today the roster came out and the cheeky c**ts had put me down to work from the 28th to the 31st but I wasn't down on the New Year's Day job which is a premium. 

I collared the site manager in front of everyone and told him that if I wasn't doing a premium shift I'm not doing the 4 shifts in between. 

He said no worries he will sort it, we'll he did, he went whining to the main gaffer and we had words outside the cabin. 

He went on saying this and that, half went straight out the other ear. I told him he can forget me working these shifts, bla, bla, bla. 

He then tried to say that if he wanted to be like I acted he could say I'm not working the Christmas shifts, that's when I lost my rag and told him to fcuk his Christmas shifts off and I was going there and then. 

He backtracked and then we had a few more words and said I should think about it, half hour later he came and asked me and i told him he better find another COSS. ?

I've left them in the shit cos we have broken up today and they need to do track monitoring a week after the bridge has been replaced, well they can f**k themselves and get someone else to do it. ?

Edited by Greb147
21 minutes ago, FLATTOP said:

Oh and Happy Christmas. ??

1 minute ago, Greb147 said:

Oh and Happy Christmas. ??

Ha ha and you mate, don’t worry New year new opportunity’s there like that on the railway always moving the goal posts if your doing unsociable hours while everyone is enjoying family time you should be payed for it at the correct rate end of. 

• Like 1
Just now, FLATTOP said:

Ha ha and you mate, don’t worry New year new opportunity’s there like that on the railway always moving the goal posts if your doing unsociable hours while everyone is enjoying family time you should be payed for it at the correct rate end of. 

It wasn't really the construction managers fault it was mainly the arse of a site manager for not explaining to us on the job what's what.

He will back the site manager up every time though so fcuk em both. 

I will be properly in the bad books now for leaving them high and dry but so be it, might teach them to have better man management skills instead of being terrible at their job. 

Couldn't run a bath the pair of em. 

• Like 1
On 22/12/2021 at 22:10, Greb147 said:

It wasn't really the construction managers fault it was mainly the arse of a site manager for not explaining to us on the job what's what.

He will back the site manager up every time though so fcuk em both. 

I will be properly in the bad books now for leaving them high and dry but so be it, might teach them to have better man management skills instead of being terrible at their job. 

Couldn't run a bath the pair of em. 

Sometimes a little tear up with managers can do wonders other times it may not work out depends on thier ability to receive a bollocking and not take it to heart.

• Like 2