Wheaton x digging terrier?

44 minutes ago, Evil knievil said:

If it's good enough, would you not try breeding that line of Russell you have instead?

If I had a line yes, but I don't only have decent dog and a different way bred bitch,  but I have already stuck the dog over same way bred bitch I have a pup from that I just keeping options open and willing to try something that might work for myself ?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you think you need to add strong dog to your terriers...then I would be looking at a different line of digging dogs personally...I would sooner put black to white,at least you be digging them the n

Ai like I have to with my missus ? 

I wouldn't personally kennel anything with that Wheaton...no matter how much you think you can trust it?... especially that young Russell bitch...good luck,which ever way you go?

Posted Images

8 hours ago, whippetking said:

If I had a line yes, but I don't only have decent dog and a different way bred bitch,  but I have already stuck the dog over same way bred bitch I have a pup from that I just keeping options open and willing to try something that might work for myself ?

If you rate your Russell dog and the line is sound, why don't you approach those who's line it is or others who keep the line and breed and work a kennel of em....?

15 hours ago, leethedog said:

I'd look to doing the cover the other way round Russell dog unless your bitch is large

The bitch governs the size of pups in all litters,if she has the pelvis to pass a pup she'll pass one and it's the reason say a tea cup yorky could have pups by a wolfhound without problems during whelping,it's after they have been born the size happens with all breeds of dogs mate ...:thumbs:

• Like 4
2 hours ago, fireman said:

The bitch governs the size of pups in all litters,if she has the pelvis to pass a pup she'll pass one and it's the reason say a tea cup yorky could have pups by a wolfhound without problems during whelping,it's after they have been born the size happens with all breeds of dogs mate ...:thumbs:

Result I'll chuck my Glenn x Wheaten over my mums teacup yorky and send you the vet bill when his cock rips her in half lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
4 hours ago, leethedog said:

Result I'll chuck my Glenn x Wheaten over my mums teacup yorky and send you the vet bill when his cock rips her in half lol

A friend of mine has a Glen Cross bitch that's not much bigger than a yorkie. Like a tiny Glen. 

19 hours ago, leethedog said:

Fcuk it yourself for all i care, i was just giving you a fact that a big dog over a small bitch don't cause the problems you think it might in general..

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
5 hours ago, fireman said:

Fcuk it yourself for all i care, i was just giving you a fact that a big dog over a small bitch don't cause the problems you think it might in general..

Correct .. I know of a 24/25" lurcher that lined a small Russell bitch . 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, fireman said:

Mate it's a joke no need to get touchy  I know it can happen not my cup of tea I'd prefer something a little dusky more exotic ? 

Edited by leethedog
On 02/01/2022 at 08:30, Evil knievil said:

If you rate your Russell dog and the line is sound, why don't you approach those who's line it is or others who keep the line and breed and work a kennel of em....?

I justhink fancy doing my own thing and I really reckon a 3/4 Russel 1/4 Wheaton may be that thing I want.. might turn out shito who knows...

9 hours ago, whippetking said:

I justhink fancy doing my own thing and I really reckon a 3/4 Russel 1/4 Wheaton may be that thing I want.. might turn out shito who knows...

The end result can be very strong /chunky dogs,so limited to the earth's they enter,that's something to keep in mind