Wheaton x digging terrier?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you think you need to add strong dog to your terriers...then I would be looking at a different line of digging dogs personally...I would sooner put black to white,at least you be digging them the n

Ai like I have to with my missus ? 

I wouldn't personally kennel anything with that Wheaton...no matter how much you think you can trust it?... especially that young Russell bitch...good luck,which ever way you go?

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, mad4digging said:

Why not use a bigger type white dog? 

There's a few reasons mate, 1 is ALOT with white dogs standards are outrageous, 2 I am not doing it for the size really, and 3 I will own both dogs when I am doing it, 4 because it's just for me I wouldn't mind doing a early 2nd generation for myself as if it didn't work out only myself to be disappointed ?

On 21/12/2021 at 17:05, Councilestatekid said:

I've always preferred a nice strong Bayer who knows when to mix it been out with plenty who think they have a good dog because it gets a facefull then laid up for weeks I just don't see the point really 

Not to argue with you council statekid,they are good dogs as long as they stay,we need this type of blood in our terriers imho

• Like 4
15 hours ago, Francie said:

Not to argue with you council statekid,they are good dogs as long as they stay,we need this type of blood in our terriers imho

Even the Bayers that know how to mix it up when needed end up getting laid up at times when everything isn’t going smooth and they have to go through the gears 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, THE GENERAL said:

Even the Bayers that know how to mix it up when needed end up getting laid up at times when everything isn’t going smooth and they have to go through the gears 

I agree ?   if you have a Bayer that can mix it up which I do, it's all good and we'll untill the animal wants to get past and knows what's going on then they have to up the gear... if you have a dog that just bays and won't mix  all good unwell but no1 won't be digging much with it where I dig...

• Like 2
6 hours ago, leethedog said:

After getting my pup and then talking to a couple of old boys from southern Ireland there have been a good few digging dogs that have either Glenn or Wheaton blood in the mix

If everything goes to plan I'll be using your pups father the glenn on my Russel bitch instead but we will see

1 hour ago, whippetking said:

If everything goes to plan I'll be using your pups father the glenn on my Russel bitch instead but we will see

I'd look to doing the cover the other way round Russell dog unless your bitch is large

On 20/12/2021 at 21:20, whippetking said:

Has any one ever done this type of breeding?  Or ever seen any of this type? What was the first generation like? I am thinking ya wouldn't get back serious digging terriers until the 2nd generation if your would anyway?  Just an idea I have for the future 

If it's good enough, would you not try breeding that line of Russell you have instead?

1 hour ago, leethedog said:

I'd look to doing the cover the other way round Russell dog unless your bitch is large

It's either my Russel dog over Wheaton bitch in few seasons or Glenn over Russel bitch and this can happen straight away, if he throws big pups I'll just book in for c section no problem but doubt they be that big