Wheaton x digging terrier?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you think you need to add strong dog to your terriers...then I would be looking at a different line of digging dogs personally...I would sooner put black to white,at least you be digging them the n

Ai like I have to with my missus ? 

I wouldn't personally kennel anything with that Wheaton...no matter how much you think you can trust it?... especially that young Russell bitch...good luck,which ever way you go?

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Councilestatekid said:

I've always preferred a nice strong Bayer who knows when to mix it been out with plenty who think they have a good dog because it gets a facefull then laid up for weeks I just don't see the point really 

I don't see the point in it myself mate ? I won't be breeding these as head bangers they will be half Russel,  they will then be 3/4 Russel ? but I have to start somewhere..

• Like 1
5 hours ago, dogmandont said:

Dug over a couple 20 plus years ago, big lumps of things they were that couldn't be dug everywhere and were no harder than many of the black dogs I've seen since.

I know a lad that has wheaten in his line of black dogs and no better terriers a man would ever need. 

Think the late RW had Wheaton in his digging stuff too 

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, gnipper said:

Could there have been a splash in them too then? You get the odd fluffy one with that blood?

I have thought that a few times mate I have also seen border type features in young Wheatons and the ones I seen it in stayed smallish compared to others I seen

I had a wheaten X Russel,years back,great bitch to work but very intense,I was about to put her to a good Russel dog in the end of her third season but she died in ground before she broke down,had her sister too but at 15 months old ,pulled a cat off her kennel wall and ate most of it,dead 2 days later ,....had their dam here,she was a savage,parted with here as all she wanted was to kill my other dogs,good in the country though...

• Like 4
1 hour ago, jigsaw said:

I had a wheaten X Russel,years back,great bitch to work but very intense,I was about to put her to a good Russel dog in the end of her third season but she died in ground before she broke down,had her sister too but at 15 months old ,pulled a cat off her kennel wall and ate most of it,dead 2 days later ,....had their dam here,she was a savage,parted with here as all she wanted was to kill my other dogs,good in the country though...

How was her work style in the ground mate, was she just mute?

1 hour ago, whippetking said:

? that's what I would expect from the first generation don't think I'll get what I want until late 2nd maybe 3rd generation 

If they get past the first generation lol...best of luck with the plan

• Like 1
On 23/12/2021 at 07:37, jigsaw said:

How would you rate them to a hard black dog?