Saluki x

6 hours ago, Floyd17586 said:

100% jogging is not enough when looking to stop a hare especially at this time of year they need plenty of 

7 minutes ago, Floyd17586 said:

No he is out of the beast who is the full brother of Wilton.so probably a different beast?yea thank you I always tend to keep dogs in jacket in winter or cold weather etc.she is coming on very well ran her on lamp for 1st time and killed 2 hares all she's ever seen was a couple of droppers before that.so hoping get her sharp on the lamp and then try her day time 

7 minutes ago, Floyd17586 said:

No he is out of the beast who is the full brother of Wilton.so probably a different beast?yea thank you I always tend to keep dogs in jacket in winter or cold weather etc.she is coming on very well ran her on lamp for 1st time and killed 2 hares all she's ever seen was a couple of droppers before that.so hoping get her sharp on the lamp and then try her day time

Your best off not lamping a day time dog mate that my opinion. You might come stuck when it comes to your dog hitting cover. You get some what will just pull up because lads turn lamp off when they run into hedge an cover on lamp so dog just pulls up seen it happen. Your best off holding back now at 17 months she's still a young dog an think come Jan you might struggle. You most probably already know this anyway mate. A won't be doing much till after Xmas now my dogs 5 seasons in plenty of road work an a few sessions in hydro pool top end of Barnsley near hospital. 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My saluki x bitch shes bred from the Beast x a double captain bred bitch

Edited out the walking stick so it looks like you've caught something shag? ?

Beddy/grey x deer/grey-Whippet/grey; Took a lot more than just hares. Pre ban.....of course ? Cheers.  

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Bangersanmash said:

Your best off not lamping a day time dog mate that my opinion. You might come stuck when it comes to your dog hitting cover. You get some what will just pull up because lads turn lamp off when they run into hedge an cover on lamp so dog just pulls up seen it happen. Your best off holding back now at 17 months she's still a young dog an think come Jan you might struggle. You most probably already know this anyway mate. A won't be doing much till after Xmas now my dogs 5 seasons in plenty of road work an a few sessions in hydro pool top end of Barnsley near hospital. 

im the same mate need the first season nothing but daytime need them hunting up smashing cover if it loses it finding it again lamping it wont do this 

only down side is once you do lamp like i have had to this season they smashing about if a rabbit hits cover looking all over for it can be a f****r lol

them that come bk quick once the hares near cover loses it for a few seconds  will never make a hare dog ?

Edited by mC HULL
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, mC HULL said:

he’s jogged mate but i’ve been struggling to get coursing and them hares flying you need to get fit with them right threw to stop the strong uns because you will drop on one and you need them hare fit when you do 

Will have to get out come Jan mate your not far from me mc 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

im the same mate need the first season nothing but daytime need them hunting up smashing cover if it loses it finding it again lamping it wont do this 

only down side is once you do lamp like i have had to this season they smashing about if a rabbit hits cover looking all over for it can be a f****r lol

them that come bk quick once the hares near cover loses it for a few seconds  will never make a hare dog ?

That's why your best not using a coursing dog on lamp you might get odd dog that adapts to both day an night but that's down to having a clever owner that knows the lay of the land he's hunting what dangers are about an when an not when to run the dog. It's hard going like 

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Bangersanmash said:

Will have to get out come Jan mate your not far from me mc 

should manage it mate if not same spot to long im not 100 percent in me self yet but few hour  near you then over near me while i rest lol i should manage ?

22 minutes ago, Bangersanmash said:

That's why your best not using a coursing dog on lamp you might get odd dog that adapts to both day an night but that's down to having a clever owner that knows the lay of the land he's hunting what dangers are about an when an not when to run the dog. It's hard going like 

Had a bit of trouble when we first started traveling for a run with them stopping, we have stone hedges, but it didnt last long they soon learn. When they are reared up doing both ive had no trouble.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Bangersanmash said:

100% understand what your saying bud but I've always started my dogs of on lamp 4 or 5 nights lamping and then move to daytime find it just sharpens dogs up.were I lamp is massive open land so no real fear of cover.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Floyd17586 said:

100% understand what your saying bud but I've always started my dogs of on lamp 4 or 5 nights lamping and then move to daytime find it just sharpens dogs up.were I lamp is massive open land so no real fear of cover.

It's that cover long as you've got decent ground you'll have no trouble then mate atb with the pup ? 

1 hour ago, Floyd17586 said:

Tbh buddy I just started her and she took to the lamp well killing 2 out of 2 first night out on lamp.gonna get her sharp but she is looking really promising

shes a tidy bitch mate you should have plenty a fun ?