Saluki x

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My saluki x bitch shes bred from the Beast x a double captain bred bitch

Edited out the walking stick so it looks like you've caught something shag? ?

Beddy/grey x deer/grey-Whippet/grey; Took a lot more than just hares. Pre ban.....of course ? Cheers.  

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Floyd17586 said:

How is it running?was wondering did anyone else on group have any of the comrades to mine

runs well mate i love the dog lol been me not great this season havent done him right  not close to fitness this time lst year try keeping him at it till end now fingers crossed 

im sure drover wiill comment on romeo chance litter mate ?

• Like 1
6 hours ago, mC HULL said:

runs well mate i love the dog lol been me not great this season havent done him right  not close to fitness this time lst year try keeping him at it till end now fingers crossed 

im sure drover wiill comment on romeo chance litter mate ?

Get your self a push rod an do some road work give you an dog some fitness so works mc mate. I'm doing 15 to 20 miles a evening now. When traffic dies down then I'm out about 5.30 plus there's no preying eyes meaning slinky c**ts wanting to follow you so no worrying about kennels getting turned over. A never walk my dogs on roads in day a know it's a sad state of affairs but its got to be done mate. Specially this time of year there some out there that don't want to put the hard work in them self in a dog would much rather go turn over someone's kennel. But back to the push rod you'll soon see after a week or two at 15 miles nice an steady a like to let the dog run at its own pace nothing worse than seeing someone try push a dog at the side of a push rod dragging it. With the hound I've here now he starts off at a good pace for about 5 mile then he will gear down to a trott pace then about 2 Mile back home will pic up because he knows the ride out an knows there's a bowl full of scran coming when we get back to the yard. Lol. Come first of Jan a will be out mate 

• Like 2
On 18/12/2021 at 21:25, Floyd17586 said:

My saluki x bitch shes bred from the Beast x a double captain bred bitchIMG_20211211_124022.jpg.16069845768db8aaf285f9bff00ef7fa.jpg

So she's not out of beast but beasts full brother mate ? She's a nice stamp of a dog can't beat the black an tan. It's good to see you've got her covered up too keeps that weight on a dogs saddle.  Alot don't realise that in this weather sighthounds will burn there body fat off an if no body fat then it will be the  muscle that gets stripped off as the body is using energy to try keep warm ie blood flow working hard to keep them organs running right an that's when they strip weight. A like to give my dogs four small meals a day in these cold times when not working Atb with her Floyd hope she comes good for you mate. 

2 hours ago, Bangersanmash said:

Get your self a push rod an do some road work give you an dog some fitness so works mc mate. I'm doing 15 to 20 miles a evening now. When traffic dies down then I'm out about 5.30 plus there's no preying eyes meaning slinky c**ts wanting to follow you so no worrying about kennels getting turned over. A never walk my dogs on roads in day a know it's a sad state of affairs but its got to be done mate. Specially this time of year there some out there that don't want to put the hard work in them self in a dog would much rather go turn over someone's kennel. But back to the push rod you'll soon see after a week or two at 15 miles nice an steady a like to let the dog run at its own pace nothing worse than seeing someone try push a dog at the side of a push rod dragging it. With the hound I've here now he starts off at a good pace for about 5 mile then he will gear down to a trott pace then about 2 Mile back home will pic up because he knows the ride out an knows there's a bowl full of scran coming when we get back to the yard. Lol. Come first of Jan a will be out mate 

he’s jogged mate but i’ve been struggling to get coursing and them hares flying you need to get fit with them right threw to stop the strong uns because you will drop on one and you need them hare fit when you do 

13 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

he’s jogged mate but i’ve been struggling to get coursing and them hares flying you need to get fit with them right threw to stop the strong uns because you will drop on one and you need them hare fit when you do 

100% jogging is not enough when looking to stop a hare especially at this time of year they need plenty of hunting

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, Floyd17586 said:

100% jogging is not enough when looking to stop a hare especially at this time of year they need plenty of hunting

?

he will stop em still mate but fully fit he will stop the strongest of em not fully fit youll have your heart in your mouth when it goes over 4 mins ?

9 hours ago, Bangersanmash said:

So she's not out of beast but beasts full brother mate ? She's a nice stamp of a dog can't beat the black an tan. It's good to see you've got her covered up too keeps that weight on a dogs saddle.  Alot don't realise that in this weather sighthounds will burn there body fat off an if no body fat then it will be the  muscle that gets stripped off as the body is using energy to try keep warm ie blood flow working hard to keep them organs running right an that's when they strip weight. A like to give my dogs four small meals a day in these cold times when not working Atb with her Floyd hope she comes good for you mate. 

No he is out of the beast who is the full brother of Wilton.so probably a different beast?yea thank you I always tend to keep dogs in jacket in winter or cold weather etc.she is coming on very well ran her on lamp for 1st time and killed 2 hares all she's ever seen was a couple of droppers before that.so hoping get her sharp on the lamp and then try her day time

5 hours ago, mC HULL said:

?

he will stop em still mate but fully fit he will stop the strongest of em not fully fit youll have your heart in your mouth when it goes over 4 mins ?

Especially this time a year a unfit dog could cause owners heart problems lol especially running hares

• Haha 1