The test. Mirookoo.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Beretta, uck, now got to wash my mouth out. Over priced cnc produce. Besides I've got one but it's more interesting that the tarts model choice. I'm with you on chokes. This wee skb is 1/4&

Sorry lads, took it back. Hot sweats, disturbed sleep, I just could not settle. Something just didn't suit. The dealer, a friend was very sympathetic and let me loose in his armoury. It was

How about this shot? This wonderful bird lifted ahead of me by 25yards, flew away from me and then turned left. The sxs flew to the shoulder effortlessly,  flicked it through and shot. The

Posted Images

We’ve got loads on the shoot, I haven’t kept count of how many I’ve shot this year because I just shoot them mainly off the feeders as I’m going round on the quad, but it’s a lot, I’ll be taking a few young guns from the shoot in February for a squizzer shoot and drey blasting 

Edited by Stavross
  • Like 2

They have wrecked trees up at the shoot, even ring barking a couple and killing them, forestry don’t seem to do anything about them, maybe it just comes down to time and money, if I take on the keepering next season I think I’ll put a few squirrel feeder up, might as well have a bit of fun while I’m up there ?

• Like 3
On 24/12/2021 at 21:34, Stavross said:

They have wrecked trees up at the shoot, even ring barking a couple and killing them, forestry don’t seem to do anything about them, maybe it just comes down to time and money, if I take on the keepering next season I think I’ll put a few squirrel feeder up, might as well have a bit of fun while I’m up there ?

1/2 the porblem is the urban antis out cry these days about killing squirrels as they see them as cuddly things you can tame and feed in the park. They don't know the damage they do nor the fact that unless the greys are eliminated the reds are finished.

It's probably really not woke to shoot squirrels anymore.

9 hours ago, Alsone said:

1/2 the porblem is the urban antis out cry these days about killing squirrels as they see them as cuddly things you can tame and feed in the park. They don't know the damage they do nor the fact that unless the greys are eliminated the reds are finished.

It's probably really not woke to shoot squirrels anymore.

They’ll never be “eliminated” and that’s one of the reasons. The best we can do is try to control their numbers, and enjoy the sport while we’re at it??

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Dervburner said:

They’ll never be “eliminated” and that’s one of the reasons. The best we can do is try to control their numbers, and enjoy the sport while we’re at it??

I agree. This side of finding a disease that targets only Greys and is deadly or this side of every landowner, private and public being forced to trap, shoot or poisen them out of existence the reds will never be back. Pockets of shooting and removal can't be effective becasue as with everythign else, they just move back in from other areas.