Targets for 2022?!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well pleased with this.  First target for the year achieved.  Weighed it on certified scales at 2.5700kg. (5lb 10.5oz in old money). 

For the last three years I have had 2 metre catfish on a cane rod and centrepin reel on my 'to do' list. However, with covid restrictions, lousy summer weather and some unforseen circumstances eating

11lbs swale barbel (managed last years target of 10 lbs) 

Posted Images

1000 Bass with rod and line, have been catching hundreds each year for the last few years and now i have a bigger boat and have found a right fcuking hot spot along with the usual off shore banks it's well do'able. Well i'll have some fun trying anyway :victory:

• Like 4
18 hours ago, Robbusher said:

Go for double figure cod from shore with old man and makos/blues  off dads mates boat down Cornwall only thing they kept hooking into tuna this year obviously returned alive to swim another day and hopefully a trip to Ebro for some large cats if this Covid bollocks sorts itself out 

I'm taking my boat to Cornwall next year to try for some of those sharks :whistling:,hope them pesky tuna don't go and ruin the trips out :rolleyes:............:thumbs:.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
19 hours ago, Robbusher said:

Go for double figure cod from shore with old man and makos/blues  off dads mates boat down Cornwall only thing they kept hooking into tuna this year obviously returned alive to swim another day and hopefully a trip to Ebro for some large cats if this Covid bollocks sorts itself out 

you targeting that cod from anywhere in particular mate?

bet those tuna are a right incovenience ?

12 hours ago, fireman said:

1000 Bass with rod and line, have been catching hundreds each year for the last few years and now i have a bigger boat and have found a right fcuking hot spot along with the usual off shore banks it's well do'able. Well i'll have some fun trying anyway :victory:

you going to be using bait. lures or a mix mate?

1 hour ago, fireman said:

I'm taking my boat to Cornwall next year to try for some of those sharks :whistling:,hope them pesky tuna don't go and ruin the trips out :rolleyes:............:thumbs:.

theyve been getting loads of them down here mate, few of the lads have accidently had tuna while sharking now. pretty much from paignton to landsend they appear now 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, fireman said:

I was 20 odd miles out in the med, we saw hundreds of tuna on the surface, had some rods and a couple of lures that cost us £30 each, trolled around for hours and didn't even have a take, what methods you using mate? post-1930-0-58316600-1302356255_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Going east coast in Yorkshire probably around spurnhead  or Humber on hull side only a hour away to try for cod had loads before but never a double my dad knows some good spots all depends on the tides and how much weed in the water but he keeps a eye on fishing forums. will do good just to get him out of house as he turning into a hermit and just sitting in front of tele all day and have to keep dragging him out or he won’t go anywhere it’s just not healthy for him not done boat fishing in uk waters every time we go abroad I do a couple of boat trips with my lad we done plenty small tuna  my lad had the biggest between us think it was 24 kg on the scales in the harbour had a few dorados when we went Ibiza few years ago we were there when the time was right and I’ve lost a marlin  but can’t wait to have a go at the uk “shark fishing “ when it warms back up

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Robbusher said:

Going east coast in Yorkshire probably around spurnhead  or Humber on hull side only a hour away to try for cod had loads before but never a double my dad knows some good spots all depends on the tides and how much weed in the water but he keeps a eye on fishing forums. will do good just to get him out of house as he turning into a hermit and just sitting in front of tele all day and have to keep dragging him out or he won’t go anywhere it’s just not healthy for him not done boat fishing in uk waters every time we go abroad I do a couple of boat trips with my lad we done plenty small tuna  my lad had the biggest between us think it was 24 kg on the scales in the harbour had a few dorados when we went Ibiza few years ago we were there when the time was right and I’ve lost a marlin  but can’t wait to have a go at the uk “shark fishing “ when it warms back up

My mate had a near double cod from the Humber last week. Mind you, it contained about three pounds of crabs and shrimps.

• Like 3
7 hours ago, South hams hunter said:

you targeting that cod from anywhere in particular mate?

bet those tuna are a right incovenience ?

you going to be using bait. lures or a mix mate?

theyve been getting loads of them down here mate, few of the lads have accidently had tuna while sharking now. pretty much from paignton to landsend they appear now 

Any bait will be live bait or any live bait that has died in the live bait bucket as such if we catch any,but shads and jellies as such in the deeper water marks and hard lures in the shallows..

A old pal of mine owns a bit of land just outside St Austel and there is a caravan there with wood burner etc sat there for me to use any time of the year and for as long as i want,fecking right i'm coming down and your welcome to come jump aboard when i do mate :victory:...

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, fireman said:

Any bait will be live bait or any live bait that has died in the live bait bucket as such if we catch any,but shads and jellies as such in the deeper water marks and hard lures in the shallows..

A old pal of mine owns a bit of land just outside St Austel and there is a caravan there with wood burner etc sat there for me to use any time of the year and for as long as i want,fecking right i'm coming down and your welcome to come jump aboard when i do mate :victory:...

appreciate that mate,look forward to it.

if youve got time ill take you out shore fishing while your down and show you a few bits down here you wont get in norfolk. 

know a few spots fairly close to st austell for bass and gilts.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, South hams hunter said:

appreciate that mate,look forward to it.

if youve got time ill take you out shore fishing while your down and show you a few bits down here you wont get in norfolk. 

know a few spots fairly close to st austell for bass and gilts.

Same as,been a long time bud and i'll make sure i have time for a few trips out with you from the shore. :yes:..

• Like 1
10 hours ago, mackem said:

I was 20 odd miles out in the med, we saw hundreds of tuna on the surface, had some rods and a couple of lures that cost us £30 each, trolled around for hours and didn't even have a take, what methods you using mate? post-1930-0-58316600-1302356255_thumb.jpg

Live bait Makeral or something of simular size, your not allowed to target Tuna in UK waters without a licence so trolling a big lure can't really do done to close to shore or any where anyone will see you but if you hook to one when shark fishing then it's ok but your not allowed to keep them.. .

• Like 1