Working Belington?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Few old photos I managed to recover of a few of the old team we had a blast along the way…..good times  

Great little knock about pest dogs for woodland and bits of scrub and ferretting...watched a young beddy whippet take 22 rabbits on the bounce from one feild up in the Highlands few seasons ago..

Posted Images

14 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

It's sad to say that the bedy whippet is getting ruined for ££££ notes by most that breed the type today as most litters are up at over a grand a pup and these people have no interest in working a juckel as its all about coin .

If I was you I'd get a bedy lurcher from workers and I dont think you go wrong .

I'm sure If you got the coin you could have a pup by end of the week on fb but would it be the genuine article "first x and working parents " I dout it but you may get lucky " 

Saying that sometimes you come across a well bred litter from honest folk ,you just have to sieve through the dross as Morton says ? 

If I was looking for a first x I'd get a bedy grey as they bigger ,stronger type but a bedy lurcher like poxons would be my choice 

Bedlington greyhound in pics ,

20211130_140420.jpg

20211202_141718.jpg

20211031_135021.jpg

A beddy greyhound bitch would go nicely with my dog. 

12 hours ago, Big Ron said:

These were the fox dog cross in 80s but sadly I think you be very hard pushed to find one these days.

Me unculs used bedlington lurchers back in the 80s when fox pelts making good coin and he said they started of with first xs but collie or deerhound lurchers was added as well .

My first x give anything a go and if she grabs hold its not getting away but she's no out and out fox dog .

20211106_132041.jpg

20210925_113037.jpg

• Like 1

post-65098-0-50368200-1479129484_thumb.jpgmy old beddy whippet teddy boy bushed up marked anything to ground take anything in lamp not a hard dog but always got stuck in handy on rock piles for bolts , you new when he was bushing fox up he yap his head of till broke cover never yapped on run , went to ground got up trees if could , a handy little dog he was Rip old teddy boy ?

• Like 5
4 minutes ago, fred90 said:

it's been said before I know. if all bedlingtons are shite, why is there still a few good beddywhippets and beddy greyhound about? 

Greyhounds and whippets a fast, driven etc. X one with any type of terrier so they don’t get broke so easy have a better coat etc. Can see why folk used beddies because of the height but can’t think of another reason now over other terriers. 

• Like 1
Just now, fred90 said:

it's been said before I know. if all bedlingtons are shite, why is there still a few good beddywhippets and beddy greyhound about? 

I don’t know a lot of people now in the beddy game abut the people I know still with good beddy xs there not f1 modern bred dogs there multiple x beddy lurcher to beddy lurcher bred if they want beddy blood they don’t go to straight beddys or f1s moden stuff  they use beddy Lurchers 

5 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Greyhounds and whippets a fast, driven etc. X one with any type of terrier so they don’t get broke so easy have a better coat etc. Can see why folk used beddies because of the height but can’t think of another reason now over other terriers. 

Edited by fred90
just reread it ?
1 minute ago, Shortstraw said:

I joined a Facebook whippet x bedlington forum.....me thinking it’s for working dogs, but all that get posted are threads/photos regarding how cute their dog looks.....they’re so popular as pets these days.

very true, I notice it's the must have accessory for the horsey set nowadays. price wise, I have recently bought a whippet pup and the beddywhippet pups were fetching around same price sometimes more. 

• Like 2