Puppy recall

Looking for bit advice on recall guys. I have a 3 month old pup which is doing really well but the last two weeks her recall has got a lot worse. Seems to take zero notice at times. She was doing so well then all of a sudden took 3 steps back. I'm not pushing her in any way just slow and steady. Been doing the obvious I.e rewarding when coming ect, ect. Any advice appreciated. Cheers. 

1 hour ago, Troutslayer said:

Looking for bit advice on recall guys. I have a 3 month old pup which is doing really well but the last two weeks her recall has got a lot worse. Seems to take zero notice at times. She was doing so well then all of a sudden took 3 steps back. I'm not pushing her in any way just slow and steady. Been doing the obvious I.e rewarding when coming ect, ect. Any advice appreciated. Cheers. 

When it don't listen just walk the other way away from the dog, I've never used treatsjust make a bit of a fuss when they  do what is asked of them. If walking away doesn't do it then hide from the f****r they soon get scared then don't want to be left again so listen well after that 

• Like 4

Patients!! 

I find most pups will come along with recall etc then at certain age think stuff you I'm to busy having fun but this is the time you got to keep at it and make comin back to you more enjoyable than what she's doing ,I always find kneeling down brings a pup in quicker than when I'm standing or if I run backwards calling pup normally works and I pocket full of favourite treats helps ? 

My bedy grey bitch didn't need no recall training she just did it naturally and only time she's stubborn is when she no something about or she's behind it .

Put a few pics of pup up , 

Atb mooch 

• Like 5

well, 1st i get in good recall, before all this of the lead stuff, meaning any pup will get its head down with all new scents  thay are about. forget about it for a while keep the dog on its lead, just keep doing recall, say 4 times, then have nice lead walk rest of the time out with the pup. what people do and me in the past, is put the young dog in to situations  that you know the dog will fail , theres plenty of time to get it hunting , the next thing people say the young dog fecks off when its caught a rabbit, well it will do unless the recall 100% , so get this right 1st , like above then the rest will all fall in to place .deff

• Like 2
On 14/12/2021 at 22:05, Troutslayer said:

There's video on YouTube I watched years ago pal .. training a lurcher have ?.. it's good an simple advice ... From pup to field the man is quality ....your dog still only young keep her to the lead for now get your pup onto retrieving slowly if she will..get her retrieving up side entrance or hall way in house ..you want to  cut her way off  off going any where else bar by you if ye with me each time rewarding her that's just my opion .worked me a treat tbh ... Then move on to obedience .just take your tim pal you've plenty of that with your pup shell not be out this season she be of the [BANNED TEXT] age come next year ...

On 14/12/2021 at 23:28, Saltmoon said:

When it don't listen just walk the other way away from the dog, I've never used treatsjust make a bit of a fuss when they  do what is asked of them. If walking away doesn't do it then hide from the f****r they soon get scared then don't want to be left again so listen well after that 

? Take  it out its comforts zone she soon follow ..she stick to the only bit safety she knows .... Your spot on 

• Thanks 1