Sporting Lucas Terrier

Trap1

On 13/12/2021 at 20:24, Flacko said:

I got one a few year back mate but it’s only made a pet one of my daughters has it shame as she is a clever little thing 

I’ve got a pup here from good working stock, ver obedient and as you say clever , only time will tell 

• 3 weeks later...

A post about these terriers came up a good few years ago on here,most of the people who owned at least one said they were the bee,s nee,s I then offered them a days digging with there first class workers ,and would you believe it none of them got in touch which said it all for me,I often wonder why if they were so good back in the day why there are so few about today? anyway happy digging gentleman,wf

• Haha 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
17 hours ago, Borr said:

Any updates? I'm quite interested in these as a pet/worker

Don’t be mate I was talking to a guy had a pack of em at a show years back and they looked like a decent dog fox would eat them .....dunno if they have improved any since?  There was a keeper up near Inverness had a pack of Sealyham terriers that were used as a wee gun pack never new the man or saw them was wondering any the Scottish members new of him

• Like 2
1 hour ago, jackthelad said:

Don’t be mate I was talking to a guy had a pack of em at a show years back and they looked like a decent dog fox would eat them .....dunno if they have improved any since?  There was a keeper up near Inverness had a pack of Sealyham terriers that were used as a wee gun pack never new the man or saw them was wondering any the Scottish members new of him

Some of these Jack on rats 

• 2 weeks later...

Theres an old lady not far from me breeds them, gave me a long speech about how they are all working dogs and how they need more people to work them to keep the breed going, then she told me the price of them. When I told her I could buy 3 patterdales or Russell's for that money she just couldn't get her head round it. I said they should be giving the puppies away to younger people who are willing to give them a go and work them. They are priced out of the market for people to take a punt on in my opinion, or at least these ones are

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
On 07/10/2022 at 23:40, max_wood said:

Theres an old lady not far from me breeds them, gave me a long speech about how they are all working dogs and how they need more people to work them to keep the breed going, then she told me the price of them. When I told her I could buy 3 patterdales or Russell's for that money she just couldn't get her head round it. I said they should be giving the puppies away to younger people who are willing to give them a go and work them. They are priced out of the market for people to take a punt on in my opinion, or at least these ones are

They will always put money before the breed as they greedy cnuts ,

I was looking at price of Russell pups and they far from cheap now as well,see pups up at over a grand .

Crazy 

• Like 1
On 28/09/2022 at 12:57, jackthelad said:

john waters

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, big sid said:

john waters

Did you see them mate? My mrs likes them.....phoned a boy in wales for one for her birthday I asked him if they worked fox.... his answer was there to expensive to work to ground haha..... few boys told me about that pack in Inverness beeing used as a wee gun pack