Importing trophys

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Accident's happen unfortunately...and the hunts replace the losses...the more you comment these days...the more you sound like an anti?

They want hunts banned for killing cats as its cruel, but the fecking cats are running rampant killing all sorts???? Feck the cats, about time their owners were held accountable for the wildlife they

Let's hope they stop all you f***ing Muppets with rifles and nv....your all nothing but failed dogmen anyway eh?..no f***ing feild craft...tip up and shoot from a truck or from the road on someone els

18 minutes ago, hambone said:

I must be searching in the wrong place as all i was finding was notice that a "bill" was going forward. Thanks

I might not be accurate at where the bill is upto....i thought it was done and dusted, but perhaps it isn't quite yet 

• Like 1

I don't think the ban will affect me, I've only ever brought a couple of shark jaws from the Red Sea and a couple of Wild Boar jaws from New Zealand.

I cant envisage me ever wanting to import lion, polar bear, hippo or anything like that, but there's supposed to be 6,000 animals on the list, a lot of them not endangered, including reindeer.

When my missus was north of the Arctic circle last year I wanted her to bring a reindeer pelt back, but she didn't. I was hoping to get a couple in the future for the man cave, but looks like the ban may affect me after all !

Cheers.

I've always wanted to hunt Cape buffalo. Once in a lifetime. Knowing I can't ever bring the horns home to remember the experience I don't think I ever would. 

It's weird how 'trophy hunting' has become excepted as something that actually happens. I know loads of people who have heads on the wall but non hunted simply for a big head on a wall. This image of a rich hunter who shoots something just to have a trophy doesn't exist in real life. 

People hunt for the full experience and a trophy is a chance to remember that experience for the rest of your life. I'm not sure why the cities permits that allowed legally sourced trophies and natural history specimens wasn't enough 

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Wolfdog91 said:

FFS can y'all do anything over there ? 

It's going to get worse.

A petition to stop fox hunts , ( drag hunting, not REAL foxes), from operating near built up areas, had reached over 100,000, so now has to be, by law, debated in parliament.

Another nail in the coffin...........

Cheers.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Wolfdog91 said:

FFS can y'all do anything over there ? 

See thats what happens when your government bends to left wing lunacy, and weird unwashed hippy terrorists. Yous are trying to go down the same road with the demorats, and trust me they will push for it. 

32 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

It's going to get worse.

A petition to stop fox hunts , ( drag hunting, not REAL foxes), from operating near built up areas, had reached over 100,000, so now has to be, by law, debated in parliament.

Another nail in the coffin...........

Cheers.

wouldnt have happened if hounds didnt kill cats on more than one occassion

1 hour ago, DIDO.1 said:

I've always wanted to hunt Cape buffalo. Once in a lifetime. Knowing I can't ever bring the horns home to remember the experience I don't think I ever would. 

I think I agree, but then they win....

Cape Buff is beyond my means, but if I was able to justify a lavish no expense spared trip to Africa, then I'd certainly be looking for one.

The sort of stuff that'll be likely to draw me to the Dark Continent is considered 'least concern' by the IUCN, so potentially importable after this ban, whatever it may look like when finally passed.

43 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

wouldnt have happened if hounds didnt kill cats on more than one occassion

Accident's happen unfortunately...and the hunts replace the losses...the more you comment these days...the more you sound like an anti?

• Like 10