Vizla x Whippet

Has anyone ever seen this cross and know if they can work?? 

Before  I got my pup last March I missed out on a pup this breeding, I was gutted at the time lovely looking pup,  it was a blessing in disguise as my Lurcher  was half the price and he’s now catching rabbit at 10 months and overall doing great and a nice companion, but I stop and think about the pup I missed and what could of been from time to time. 

next to nothing at all on Google about the cross

cheers, Sam.  

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes mate got a beddy Lurcher and wouldn’t swap him for ewt but I’d of liked to add her to my gang 

Nearly all the Vislas I've met in the last 10 yrs have been real nervy dogs...not something I would have around me...stick with what you got, put all your time into it... then get another in a few sea

I have a big bushing bitch whom is a straight Lab x Visla ,she has the lab nature & would eat her own back leg if it was offered to her ,but she has the pointer work mindset ,she never stops ,has

Posted Images

1 hour ago, BlackDynamite said:

what did you end up with if "traditional" type cant see the one you missed being better

Yes mate got a beddy Lurcher and wouldn’t swap him for ewt but I’d of liked to add her to my gang 

24A27E25-F842-46D5-ABCF-C7F498B3C222.jpeg

B5C90B68-9E2F-402A-946B-86DC03904F1F.jpeg

Edited by Samrog
  • Like 6

You can’t go far wrong with a well bred beddy lurcher I know this from experience ?? I personally don’t think you’d of ended up with a serviceable dog with a vizla x whippet lucky escape good job the beddy x turned up when it did 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Samrog said:

Cheers Poxon I do totally agree. Just had me thinking about that cross and how the pup ended up. 

poxon right, good old tested beddyx will be good lurcher , more so with drop of collie in the mix, make it tht bit more biddable type lurcher as some beddy can be bit head strong when young lol. Regards the Vizla  dogs, ive met few  on my dog walks, you get rough , and smooth ,  say about 23 in 50 odd lb , nice size dog to manage . the ones ive met did seem bit shsarp with other dogs , had couple run up to my big gsd x grey lurcher  Buck , he likes people and dogs, so no prob with him, these 2 males father and son , came round him , he just stood still and watched them ,  the owner called them back very quick , not sure who was the most scared him or his dogs lol , good jon Buck soft or he nightmare to take out if  been bit like them dogs. there gun dog breed , maybe back to whippet x grey been goog type x, but i reckon you got the better x  long term .

• Like 2
1 minute ago, bird said:

poxon right, good old tested beddyx will be good lurcher , more so with drop of collie in the mix, make it tht bit more biddable type lurcher as some beddy can be bit head strong when young lol. Regards the Vizla  dogs, ive met few  on my dog walks, you get rough , and smooth ,  say about 23 in 50 odd lb , nice size dog to manage . the ones ive met did seem bit shsarp with other dogs , had couple run up to my big gsd x grey lurcher  Buck , he likes people and dogs, so no prob with him, these 2 males father and son , came round him , he just stood still and watched them ,  the owner called them back very quick , not sure who was the most scared him or his dogs lol , good jon Buck soft or he nightmare to take out if  been bit like them dogs. there gun dog breed , maybe back to whippet x grey been goog type x, but i reckon you got the better x  long term .

spelling bit fooked, didnt get in till 4am , still  bit sleepy  haha 

3 hours ago, Elchapo said:

I no that land , couple my scouse mates run it 

There’s nothing to run on here I don’t think you’re thinking of this place. Someone’s messaged me asking if it’s Runcorn but it’s not 

I have a big bushing bitch whom is a straight Lab x Visla ,she has the lab nature & would eat her own back leg if it was offered to her ,but she has the pointer work mindset ,she never stops ,has a really good wind nose & finds and jumps more than her share of rabbits.I would of thought her size would be a disadvantage but she seems to handle heavy cover very well .Id love to try a ESS x visla for a busher /rabbit finder.

I had at one time a golden lab x golden Retriever who had the long body of the retriever  that allowed him to motor also he was a great rabbit finder & caught more rabbits single handed than got away .He was also a great big river retriever on ducks ,a strong swimmer in hard moving water where willows abounded. If I shot two birds on the pond he would get them both ,his record was 4 ducks at the one time ,man I still miss & think of Bart often ,but ole man time touch's all ,gone but never forgotten.

Edited by toolebox
  • Like 4