What breeds should I look at.

Daveo

How do

not been active on here for a long time.

I find myself without a dog for the first time in years.

I’ve  had lurches and terriers when I was younger then moved on to gun dogs.

ive given up shooting/beating but enjoy mooching and taking squirrels and pigeons with my catapult

ill be looking for a pup to join me next year 

I want a general mooching/bushing dog

anyone got any suggestions?

i don’t want a big galloping lurcher or an earth dog both would probably encourage me to get in bother.

ideally I want a small to medium sized dog that’ll  retrieve catapulted stuff and maybe give a rabbit a run

cheers Daveo

Springer, cocker,  sprocker. Or these cross terrier. I’m in same boat with my next dog.

Lurchers these days seem to attract attention that I don’t need. I just mooch and practice with a catapult

Lots of pics on here of spaniel x terriers.....I’m guessing odd one might drop down a hole, which I don’t want.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

Springer x whippet will be my next choice for a little mooching dog for mooching about with the catapult as that's all i do these day's and after seeing a little bitch my mate had bred this way.

I'm thinking of putting a whippet or whippetxterrier to the brown and white bitch above at some point. I think I've had enough of big lurchers, these small ones suit me

• Like 3
14 hours ago, Shortstraw said:

Tyla....what’s the rough height please

The black bitch  is Pat springer, about 16tts, the brown and white bitch is out of the black one to my whippet Russell dog and she's about 18tts. I'm quite like to put a whippet x terrier of some sort over the brown and white one at some point in the future 

• Like 2