Boris VS The Rule Of Law

54 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Doesn’t seem like masses of benefits so far .....

Thing I find interesting is the idea that it’s positive now because our politicians don’t have to answer to Europe. But they seem to be doing a great job of doing a terrible job under their own steam.

One of the issues I face this week is the change in subsidy for land to push rewilding which has resulted in lots of wealthy land owners, who have bought large farms to avoid tax (that’s a British thing to) being paid lots of money to kick off their tenant farmers and let the land go to scrub and shit. It’s part of a bit drive to end animal agriculture (something the British gov wants to achieve in next 20 years) and turn the countryside into a play ground for the rich. It’s the same reasons they are going after hunting so hard. And we are all too weak to even realise. 

id say that has a lot less to do with the fundamentals of brexit, and more to do with the current government popularity contest. 

If the agricultural sector wants full controll over what is done with the land in there ownership they shouldn’t have allowed themselves to become subsidy junkies in the first instance.

I personally think this whole rewilding thing is a crock of shit and actually goes against the principals of sustainability. 20 years from now money will be ploughed into these areas to bring them back into food production. 

the issue you have personally is a business model based around the honesty and integrity of wealthy business owners/landowners to keep your livestock with acreage to sustain itself and unfortunately you were always going to get shat on when a better offer came along. (Just my observation not a personal dig).

it has nothing to do with brexit and everything to do with government policy and landowners that would sell their granny to feather their own nest. 

ive never agreed with agricultural subsidy myself, and it’s now at the point where at least 50% maybe more of agri business is unviable without it. Whose fault is that?, not brexit. 
it’s not a god given right to be able to farm profitably and the industry has been treated with kid gloves for too long. If they can’t make it pay let them go to the wall.  

that’s just my view based on most my life working in agriculture.It could be a total load of shit ?

I hope you can salvage something out the business sheepy and who knows as one door closes and all that atb

Edited by Mother_Mary
  • Like 3

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What I find amazing is that considering some of the truly dark things that happen in our country ...... the thing which had stirred up the populace to question the government, that has riled up all th

I subscribe to the "Ceasars Wife" idiom; If you are in a posistion of power, or able to influence those in power, you must be above suspicion ! If the government are flouting rules and laws

It's ALWAYS been one rule for them, another for the rest of us, that's why they become politicians, and it not just the Tories; remember Kinnocks  MP son travelling hundreds of miles to give his dad a

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Mother_Mary said:

id say that has a lot less to do with the fundamentals of brexit, and more to do with the current government popularity contest. 

If the agricultural sector wants full controll over what is done with the land in there ownership they shouldn’t have allowed themselves to become subsidy junkies in the first instance.

I personally think this whole rewilding thing is a crock of shit and actually goes against the principals of sustainability. 20 years from now money will be ploughed into these areas to bring them back into food production. 

the issue you have personally is a business model based around the honesty and integrity of wealthy business owners/landowners to keep your livestock with acreage to sustain itself and unfortunately you were always going to get shat on when a better offer came along. (Just my observation not a personal dig).

it has nothing to do with brexit and everything to do with government policy and landowners that would sell their granny to feather their own nest. 

ive never agreed with agricultural subsidy myself, and it’s now at the point where at least 50% maybe more of agri business is unviable without it. Whose fault is that?, not brexit. 
it’s not a god given right to be able to farm profitably and the industry has been treated with kid gloves for too long. If they can’t make it pay let them go to the wall.  

that’s just my view based on most my life working in agricultural. It could be a total load of shit ?

I hope you can salvage something out the business sheepy and who knows as one door closes and all that atb

That’s a good post mate, I always believed “subsidy” and the skewing of the real price of food was a scam to divert more private citizens money into the hands of politicians so they could play with it……share of household income change backs this up I think.

5 minutes ago, Mother_Mary said:

that’s just my view based on most my life working in agriculture.It could be a total load of shit ?

I agree about subsidies but the idea of them was to keep food prices down? 

10 minutes ago, Gypsydog94 said:

Apparently if they sign over land for rewilding they lose the agricultural status of the land which leads to no little benefits of death duty etc? Unfortunately if farmers wasn’t making a profitable business before sfp stopped they won’t now! 

There are simple ways around it mate.

Also I am making plenty of money from farming with no owned ground and never having claimed a single penny in sub.

You just have to be a top 5% performer.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Mother_Mary said:

Don’t take this the wrong way, but I’m not really inclined to argue with you about this stuff. I agree wirh a lot of what you say but I’ve never claimed sub in my life and run a profitable and successful agricultural buisness built from nothing, with just my hard work. But let’s face it most folk on here don’t really know the ins and outs of how the countryside works, they are just worried about pakis and politicians drinks parties ? 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Gypsydog94 said:

The flip side of that is food is far too cheap. Food prices need to be realistic for the producers to get the true value of their produce and the public to see the cost in getting it to the table. Would also reduce food wastage and expectations from the consumer 

1 minute ago, SheepChaser said:

Don’t take this the wrong way, but I’m not really inclined to argue with you about this stuff. I agree wirh a lot of what you say but I’ve never claimed sub in my life and run a profitable and successful agricultural buisness built from nothing, with just my hard work. But let’s face it most folk on here don’t really know the ins and outs of how the countryside works, they are just worried about pakis and politicians drinks parties ? 

But is the problem not that the landowner you rent off is claiming sub and now the goalposts have been changed for them regarding their sub have went for the alternative route to keep the cash cow milking. 

Ps wasn’t looking for an argument at all, merely stating my opinion which I wholeheartedly  agree is far less experienced than yours so can possibly learn something ?

5 minutes ago, Gypsydog94 said:

And where did the 40% of household income that was saved go ?……to the credit default swap dealers maybe ? 
35 year mortgages, flash cars in the book, credit cards, stealth taxes ? 

8 minutes ago, Mother_Mary said:

But is the problem not that the landowner you rent off is claiming sub and now the goalposts have been changed for them regarding their sub have went for the alternative route to keep the cash cow milking. 

Ps wasn’t looking for an argument at all, merely stating my opinion which I wholeheartedly  agree is far less experienced than yours so can possibly learn something ?

And, imho, the answer is the same…..move your vote to people that are not doing this, to people that ain’t killing people because they all had a little shindig at the G7 and decided this would make them all “look good”

Create the demand for an alternative and someone will fill that void.

Edited by WILF
  • Like 1
47 minutes ago, Mother_Mary said:

The landowner in question is a 36 year old model who bought the estate for 28 million and is most likely a front for Chinese triad money laundering. These are the kind of people buying all of our farmland ...... and removing it from good production. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
53 minutes ago, Gypsydog94 said:

The idea of subs was to protect our farming industry and to ensure food security. Unfortunately it got hijacked around the time rich city folk started buying farms for IHT avoidance, buisness tax breaks and because their wealth manager told them to. The government then tried to change it to that active farmer rule, and all that did was remove security from tenants as in order to claim the subs the landowners had to offer only short term grazing licenses. So it went from the landowner getting all of the sub but the farmer at least having security to run a business ..... to the farmer getting no sub and no security. The whole thing with rewilding now is all part of the same big ploy - push the serfs out of the countryside, make it one big amenity park, with no mean farmers, keepers or hunters in it.... a place where rich folk can visit to walk their cockerpoo on a harness and maybe see a beaver. Out countryside and the means to feed ourselves is being stolen out from under us and folk don’t seem to realise. 

The British government had just given leonardo di caprio a lot of millions for his company Re:wild which is going to save Britain’s countryside and help the indigenous peoples ....... what the actual f**k. 

Same with the carbon capture tree planting - go look at what’s happening at cwrt y cadno - it’s basically cultural genocide. It’s horrific.

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

The landowner in question is a 36 year old model who bought the estate for 28 million and is most likely a front for Chinese triad money laundering. These are the kind of people buying all of our farmland ...... and removing it from good production. 

25 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

The idea of subs was to protect our farming industry and to ensure food security. Unfortunately it got hijacked around the time rich city folk started buying farms for IHT avoidance, buisness tax breaks and because their wealth manager told them to. The government then tried to change it to that active farmer rule, and all that did was remove security from tenants as in order to claim the subs the landowners had to offer only short term grazing licenses. So it went from the landowner getting all of the sub but the farmer at least having security to run a business ..... to the farmer getting no sub and no security. The whole thing with rewilding now is all part of the same big ploy - push the serfs out of the countryside, make it one big amenity park, with no mean farmers, keepers or hunters in it.... a place where rich folk can visit to walk their cockerpoo on a harness and maybe see a beaver. Out countryside and the means to feed ourselves is being stolen out from under us and folk don’t seem to realise. 

The British government had just given leonardo di caprio a lot of millions for his company Re:wild which is going to save Britain’s countryside and help the indigenous peoples ....... what the actual f**k. 

Same with the carbon capture tree planting - go look at what’s happening at cwrt y cadno - it’s basically cultural genocide. It’s horrific.

This is going to sound like a dig but it genuinely isn’t, you voted for all that……like everyone else in Britain who voted main party, you got what you voted for.

Sooooo……the answer is…….any ideas ? Lol 

The hardest bit for people like me and you to get our head around is that everything we ever believed was a lie…..plain and simple, a lie…..we have been right royally f****d over everywhere you turn.

Thats a hard pill to swallow when you have invested a lifetime, your work, your money and your heart into a country……but until we accept  that reality and put the people who have got us to this position completely and utterly out of our thinking, as in, they ain’t even a consideration when you are standing in the polling booth then it won’t get better…..it just won’t, everything they have done so far tells us it won’t 

These people have been getting it wrong for so long they don’t know how to get it right…..why we would ever think they do is beyond me.

Vote for other people or stay the same, our choice !

Edited by WILF
  • Like 1

I think the majority of us think in similar ways but we have to have a constructive arguement, in the realms of reality else it's just schpeel. Any major sway in political thinking stems from the public in a democratic system, farage definitely had the Tories on a wobble , and the moved to the right. But a leader is needed , maybe Boris is done but I just can't see a way forward in the direction I'd like without him. I'm not angry just disappointed lol....

• Like 2