Boris VS The Rule Of Law

19 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Benefits cost the UK tax payers £212 BILLION per year.

Thats 25% of the entire tax take.

Of course, there are people who need the safety net of benefits, but lets be honest, we all know people who are cheating the system.

What annoys me is when a politician cheats the system, it's barely a slap on the wrist.

The punishment for cheating the benefit system is far more severe !

C'est la vie......

Cheers.

Does that number include the NHS mate ?

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What I find amazing is that considering some of the truly dark things that happen in our country ...... the thing which had stirred up the populace to question the government, that has riled up all th

I subscribe to the "Ceasars Wife" idiom; If you are in a posistion of power, or able to influence those in power, you must be above suspicion ! If the government are flouting rules and laws

It's ALWAYS been one rule for them, another for the rest of us, that's why they become politicians, and it not just the Tories; remember Kinnocks  MP son travelling hundreds of miles to give his dad a

Posted Images

Here’s a question I sometimes ask people when we get on the subject of benefits recipients etc

Would you be happy to see them pay zero tax and keep all the money they can earn if it meant they could be taken off benefits ?

I personally would but I’d be interested to see what others think.

1 minute ago, chartpolski said:

No, just benefits and social security, the NHS is a seperate budget as far as I'm aware.

Cheers.

I think the NHS is about 190 billion a year, so if 212 is 25% then that means nearly half the tax take is just NHS and Welfare ? 
Is that about right ? 

That’s don’t ring right to me mate, does it you ? 

@chartpolski, I just looked up mate…..half of the welfare spending is on State pensions, then disabled, sick etc etc

I don’t suppose we would regard anyone getting a pension as a dosser and I’m sure they wouldn’t think of themselves as one either.

The devil is in the detail as you know mate. 

2 minutes ago, WILF said:

@chartpolski, I just looked up mate…..half of the welfare spending is on State pensions, then disabled, sick etc etc

I don’t suppose we would regard anyone getting a pension as a dosser and I’m sure they wouldn’t think of themselves as one either.

The devil is in the detail as you know mate. 

I never said any thing different, or called anyone a dosser, I'm just speaking from personal experience of people I know quite well.

Pensions and pension credits come under Social Security, same as dole money or sick money.

What percentage of benefit recipients are signed off the dole and onto the sick, claiming "depression and anxiety", "bad backs" etc.

It just moves people from the "unemployed" numbers, and onto the "sick" numbers, but all the money comes out of the social security pot and it doesn't change the actual numbers of people out of work and claiming benefits.

Just to be clear.....I've nothing against people claiming benefits.

Cheers.

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, WILF said:

I think the NHS is about 190 billion a year, so if 212 is 25% then that means nearly half the tax take is just NHS and Welfare ? 
Is that about right ? 

That’s don’t ring right to me mate, does it you ? 

IMG_1885.PNG.a2c7c406bf339b5ab1c260f397b6e05b.PNG

Looks like Health and social security take up almost half the tax spend.

Cheers.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, chartpolski said:

IMG_1885.PNG.a2c7c406bf339b5ab1c260f397b6e05b.PNG

Looks like Health and social security take up almost half the tax spend.

Cheers.

200 odd billion ...other 

Haha wish I could fill my tax return in like that lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
15 hours ago, WILF said:

I look at it like this mate, that bloke could be getting a million quid a week for all I care, it’s completely meaningless to me and I wouldn’t have seen one penny back if he was getting nothing…..good luck to him.

That same principal applies to everyone that screws the system though illegal immigrant, corrupt politician or benefit cheat. They are all cheating the system you cant say you favour one because of class or colour, they are all cheats.  

I agree totally, but my point was money has no meaning…..wether we give the Ukraine 10 zillion quid or a pound, they will still pull the arse out of us anyway…..same as your mate, what he gets means nothing.

I can only ask why you’d prefer that mate ?

I didn't say I prefer it I said I would prefer not to give Aid or benefit to any one that didnt deserve it. 

Is it just because you don’t like it or is it because you think it actually has a direct effect on you ?

Good question you wont agree with me but I personally think it does as a legitimate tax payer but I also get your viewpoint on it so a bit of both.

In answer to the second bit, my answer is No !, I don’t think it would take a nose dive because they are being imported here on purpose to replace us.

Again I believe if this country wasn't portrayed as the land of milk and honey and we didnt have so many people claiming benefits you wouldn't be so keen to come over on a dinghy if you knew free money wasn't being handed out. I drove through a part of "cultural diverse" Bristol yesterday the amount of Somalia's hanging about the street corners was shocking each of those came here knowing they were going to get a free hand out if for one moment they thought they would have to do a 12 hr day grafting to pay their way that boat trip wouldn't have been so appealing.

If we wanted to stop immigration would could do it tomorrow, at the border with no problem what so ever…..benefits wouldn’t even figure.

Agree but see above. For clarity I believe, and like you its jmho, but benefits for the most venerable of our society are needed and they need to be paid at a living rate anyone who uses it as a career and way of life I wouldnt give them the steam off my piss.      

All jmho of course mate ?

• Like 2
2 hours ago, sandymere said:

The cost of an incompetent government. 

They can't keep blaming covid and  Ukraine. 

FB_IMG_1654767753503.jpg.6c448d9a526d0f200749d9947ec9877e.jpg

Why do we need constant growth. How about we look at sustainability long term. We don't just have an incompetent government we have a completely ridiculous economic system in the west. Does it matter if we are a trillion in debt or 2 trillion, its all bullshite that the globalists are playing at and gambling on. Perhaps if Labour were in they would of borrowed more and we could have a little boom period....but it's still bullshite. Blaming 'government' simply means your so stupid that you believe a few years of different coloured rosettes would fix it. 

• Like 3