Just wanted to introduce myself 

My names Rob, I live in the West Midlands and I've just started my own business making Stainless Steel Catapults. 

I've been involved in the shooting sports for over 40 years now, mainly in Field Target Air rifle shooting from the early 80s and I've also worked in the gun and crossbow industry at various times.

I recently left my Job of 27 years in the NHS as a technician due to impossible working practices in the current climate and decided to have a complete change.

I'm fairly new to catapults so still learning but I've fallen in love with the simplicity and effectiveness of this massively underestimated and overlooked shooting tool.

I currently have 2 different models in 2 finishes with several more on the drawing board. I wanted to make something that felt more like a firearm than a standard catty made from wood or plastic so all of the catapults I make are cut from 20mm thick 316L marine grade stainless steel,  a bit overkill maybe but I've always been a fan of over engineering! 

I also have a video on YouTube titled Reformation Catapults Introduction if anyone wanted to see a bit more detail.

Looking forward to becoming part of the community and learning more about this fascinating sport.

20211022_153802.jpg

20211108_145652.jpg

20211022_153554.jpg

20210923_173338.jpg

• Like 8

On 21/12/2021 at 09:44, leegreen said:

Nice them. 

Are they cast or plate and do you do the machining/shaping yourself? They must weigh a bit?

Thanks mate, they are cut from 20mm thick 316L stainless steel and I do all the shaping, machining and polishing myself. Each one takes about 10-12 hours to make.

1 hour ago, Reformation Catapults said:

Thanks mate, they are cut from 20mm thick 316L stainless steel and I do all the shaping, machining and polishing myself. Each one takes about 10-12 hours to make.

Just noticed that I didn't answer your question fully. They are cut from plate, not cast and they weigh between 750 and 1000 grams, they are built to last many lifetimes!

20210226_101533.jpg

Screenshot_20210226-102012_Gallery.jpg

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...