" Carb's " ?

I'm mean't to be boosting my 'Carb' intake, just now. Not so easy, for me. I eat only one meal a day and those don't really vary, week to week. I'm not even That certain what constitutes carbs, anyway, to be honest ?

You guys into your physical 'training'? Is there anything I might buy in a 'supplement' form, please? Any powder or pills type stuff?

Thanks.

Ah! Hang on: I just thought to look on Amazon? Don't want to waste anyone's time here. So, I'd better point out I Don't want to grow into something resembling Steven Segal!

Nor am I looking at Any form of physical exertion either. I see much of the stuff out there is, seemingly, aimed at packing on body mass, and / or acting like some sort of speed. Replenishing that which one may burn off during physical activity.

Nope! That's not me. I'm really just trying to get any form of 'healthier' sugar into me. At the moment, I'm buying sweets by the kilo and barley water by the fukking gallon.

This is a stop gap behaviour. I will get over it. Just that, right now, I feel constantly fukking hungry, pretty well no matter what. And I simply can't keep my hand out of my sweet jars. Even as I walk back in the room after taking my plate out!

Got to sort this shit out.

6 hours ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Ah! Hang on: I just thought to look on Amazon? Don't want to waste anyone's time here. So, I'd better point out I Don't want to grow into something resembling Steven Segal!

Nor am I looking at Any form of physical exertion either. I see much of the stuff out there is, seemingly, aimed at packing on body mass, and / or acting like some sort of speed. Replenishing that which one may burn off during physical activity.

Nope! That's not me. I'm really just trying to get any form of 'healthier' sugar into me. At the moment, I'm buying sweets by the kilo and barley water by the fukking gallon.

This is a stop gap behaviour. I will get over it. Just that, right now, I feel constantly fukking hungry, pretty well no matter what. And I simply can't keep my hand out of my sweet jars. Even as I walk back in the room after taking my plate out!

Got to sort this shit out.

When I noticed I had been really smashing the sweets last year I knocked it on the head and swapped them out for bags of mixed nuts. Satisfies that craving to have something to pick at but a damn sight healthier than necking bag after bag of haribo! ?

21 minutes ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

Carbs are bread, pasta ect, I think chick peas are aswell 

carbs are pretty much everything else thats not protein or fat....

3 types of carbs ....starchy ...fibber ...  and sugar.... carbs gets stored as sugar in your muscles ....or if theres excess converted to fat and stored as fat

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
2 hours ago, lurcherman 887 said:

One meal a day is not enough are you very skinny ?

I am rather, mate, yeah. But, I've Always been that way. That's just me.

No. This has a definite and recognised cause, due to a much more recent life change. It's symptomatic and just a passing phase. Just that the sweets alone are costing me a fukking fortune! :laugh:

My diet. Amounts. Times. Choices, etc. have done me fine, up until now. It's just that I've become an absolute fukking Addict for these fukking marshmallow twist things, and poxy sweet coconut mushrooms! ?

On the plus side? I see that popcorn is good for me? Good. Because I scarf down a couple of litres of That every night. Right after my dinner!  I'm fukking Murder! :D

• Haha 1

Carbs are things made from sugar, so everything from sugar itself,( a simple carb), to a piece of wood,( a complex carb), are sources of carbohydrate. Simple carbs are quick and easy to digest so leave the stomach very quickly which is why sweets etc will not satisfy hunger whereas complex carbs take longer to digest so keep hunger at bay for longer, Popcorn is middling, so if its not got added sugar, it isn't to bad and should satisfy hunger for a while. You also need to allow time for the body to recognise you have eaten.

The refining process of many food reduce the complexity of the foods ie white bread versus wholemeal. The less refined move complex versions are better to satisfy hunger as they take longer to digest so stay in the gastrointestinal tract longer and release sugars over an extended period along with supplying valuable fibre to the diet. Both can help to stabilise blood sugars and so reduce food cravings/hunger spikes. Raw fruit/vegetables are good sources of carbs along with fibre and if you allow the body time to recolonise you've eaten can satisfy hunger.

So raid the fruit bowl or grab a carrot rather than the sweety tin.

Ps don't eat wood unless your a beaver......