Book recommendations

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

nobody mentioned old phils books yet, in my opinion some of the best writtenand photographed by a man that has truly been there and done it for years,long before a lot of the lads on here were even bo

Yes me and me brothers laughed when me mother told us ,we thought it was a story keep us entertained on drive to old Jack's place ,far from a story though as on the big lawn going up to his house stoo

Old Phils books are superb B Dohertys books are very good. A underated book although it covers many topics is the great game by Harold Wyman.

Posted Images

2 hours ago, low plains drifter said:

That's Shiney Row, and no mistake

Hendon ? Plummer was probably the most influential and successful of all fieldsports authors, but in hindsight maybe the least experienced, but he could weave a tale. post-1930-0-07726000-1305721743_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I enjoyed Penny Taylor's "Tales from the field: Lurchers and Terriers" although it was a bit of a downer when she lost several dogs in the field in quick succession. Also liked Darcy's "Down the Beam" with it's stories of the daftness that happens lamping and honesty about how crap some dogs were. The photo with the dog that is being a wanker about surrendering it's rabbit to it's handler made me laugh, know that feeling well :laugh: Another +1 for Phil Lloyd's "A Moucher's Tale" and "A Moucher Forever" (will @OldPhil leave the world the uncensored version for posthumous publication in his last will and testament? :laugh: )

• Haha 1
17 hours ago, mackem said:

I have seen literally thousands of fights, never once seen or heard of a bird decapitated, seen them stuck together often enough, seen fights that lasted only a few seconds, but decapitation? 

Screenshot_20211205_191652.jpg

I’m going round to me mates to have another look, atb

1 hour ago, Countryman62 said:

You were right mackem what he shown me was edited, ? ,we had words I’ll leave it there

Like I said mate, I have seen thousands of fights, including two world championships but never seen or heard of a decapitation, that's  not to say its never happened, there's always million to one chances like the sentensyadors who have been killed when reffing fights, it happens but millions to one happenstance,so far removed from commonplace occurances. 

post-1930-0-74224100-1309369205_thumb.jpgpost-1930-0-83607800-1309453664_thumb.jpgpost-1930-0-15001700-1309464789_thumb.jpg

20 hours ago, forest of dean redneck said:

An just to totally derail the thread here’s natural Spurs in action 

Fuckun hell just a little laying breed aswell , I remember one time when clearing a raised bed some mice ran out and two RIR hens pulled one in half and swallowed it, another time I had some little Furness OEG as I picked one up to apply some purple spray one of the other birds set about me went fuckun berserk lol

2 hours ago, low plains drifter said:

Fuckun hell just a little laying breed aswell , I remember one time when clearing a raised bed some mice ran out and two RIR hens pulled one in half and swallowed it, another time I had some little Furness OEG as I picked one up to apply some purple spray one of the other birds set about me went fuckun berserk lol

I had a Cockerell of mixed origin attempt 2 engage a fox thru the mesh 

His head come off but he done his best 

• Sad 1