MY NEW LIST OF DOG SHOWS / RACEDAYS/ GAMEFAIRS FOR 2022 UP DATED 18.5.22

MY NEW LIST OF DOG SHOWS / RACEDAYS/ GAMEFAIRS FOR 2022 ( UPDATED 23.5.22)

( I will slot in your shows as they come in )

Sunday 29th May 22

West Wexford Harriers Dog Show. Full Details Later.

Sunday 29th May 22

DWTC DOG SHOW ( NO RACING ), CO ARMAGH

SATURDAY 4th JUNE 22

ISLAND HUNT DOG SHOW  AT ENNISCORTHY,CO WEXFORD GREYHOUND COURSE. SAT NAV :Y21 XP63

SUNDAY 5th JUNE 22

WEST MEATH  HUNT, WORKING  TERRIER AND LURCHER SHOW SUNDAY 5th JUNE 22. ( FULL DETAILS LATER )

SUNDAY 5th JUNE 22

KILWORTH & ARAGLEN HARRIERS DOG SHOW WILL TAKE PLACE  AT  ARAGLEN COMMUNITY FIELD, ARAGLEN, CO CORK     SUNDAY 5th JUNE 22.

SUNDAY 12th JUNE 22

COUNTY LIMERICK HUNT HOUND/TERRIER AND LURCHER SHOW, AT CLONSHIRE,ADARE,CO LIMERICK 

Saturday 18th JUNE 22

Co Down Hunt Dog Show and Raceday. Full details Later

SUNDAY 19th JUNE 22

KILKENNY FOX HOUNDS WORKING TERRIER/LURCHER/HOUND AND PET SHOW. FULL DETAILS LATER

SATURDAY 25TH June 22

IRISH GAME FAIR AND FINE FOOD FESTIVAL AT SHANES CASTLE, CO ANTRIM 

( FULL DETAILS LATER)

SUNDAY 26th June 22

IRISH GAME FAIR AND FINE FOOD FESTIVAL AT SHANES CASTLE, CO ANTRIM 

( FULL DETAILS LATER)

SUNDAY 10th JULY 22

CLOYNE HARRIERS ANNUAL DOG SHOW WILL TAKE PLACE SUNDAY 10th JULY 22  AT CLOYNE , CO CORK( FULL DETAILS )

SATURDAY 16th JULY 22

THE IWTF DOG SHOW WILL TAKE PLACE ON SATURDAY 16th JULY 22 AT CORK MUNSTER AGRICULTURALSOCIETY SHOW GROUNDS. FULL DETAILS LATER.

SUNDAY 17th JULY 22

LOUD AND PROUD UP THE NORTH, DOG SHOW AND RACE DAY. FULL DETAILS LATER.

SATURDAY 20th AUGUST 22 ( RACING )

MID AND EAST ANTRIM WORKING DOG CLUB,ALONG WITH THE HURLEY FAMILY CHARITY EVENT FOR THE KEVIN BELL REPATRIATION TRUST, AT "THE FIELD OF DREAMS" GULLADUFF, MAGERAFELT. FULL DETAILS LATER.

SUNDAY 21st AUGUST 22 (SHOWING)

MID AND EAST ANTRIM WORKING DOG CLUB,ALONG WITH THE HURLEY FAMILY CHARITY EVENT FOR THE KEVIN BELL REPATRIATION TRUST, AT "THE FIELD OF DREAMS" GULLADUFF, MAGERAFELT. FULL DETAILS LATER.

SATURDAY 27th AUGUST 22

TALLYHOO DOG SHOW AND RACEDAY. ( FULL DETAILS LATER)

SUNDAY 23rd OCTOBER 22

SUNDAY 18th DECEMBER 22

MARGARET Mc STAY

Edited by appleblossom
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • appleblossom changed the title to MY NEW LIST OF DOG SHOWS / RACEDAYS/ GAMEFAIRS FOR 2022 UP DATED 18.5.22

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By appleblossom
      2 TOP SHOWS THIS WEEKEND SUNDAY 29th MAY22 ( NO RACING AT EITHER SHOWS) A GREAT FAMILY DAY OUT AT BOTH SHOWS THE DWTC DOG SHOW MULLABRACK ROAD GILFORD CO DOWN BT63 6PB AND WEST WEXFORD HARRIERS ANNUAL SHOW CASSAGH NEW ROSS CO WEXFORD                        
    • By appleblossom
      Laurencetown  Dog Show and Race Day Saturday29.5.22. 
      Laurencetown  is a small village that  sits along the main road between the towns of Gilford and Banbridge. Its beautiful countryside and green elevated hills made the perfect setting for the Laurencetown  Dog Show and Race Day Saturday 29.5.22.
      From the dulcet tones of “Alexa” calling time, and the echo of the dawn chorus ringing in my ears, it was mother natures way of getting us to get out of bed and on the road to Laurencetown Dog Show.
      We were blessed with the weather for a change. The sun shone for most of the day, as the Canine men, women and their little folk arrived in force with their prized Canine crew in tow. With Covid hopefully sent packing, it was evident from the turnout at Sundays  show how popular our Country Sports Shows have become and are firmly back on the map again both North and South of the border again.
      The venue was brilliant with the rings well spaced out, plenty of ringside parking and a racecourse to die for. The Raffle as usual generated quite a lot of excitement, and many happy punters went home with some lovely prizes.
      The wee people were out in strength on Sunday and played around happily on the freshly mown grass under the watchful eye of the proud parents, and afterwards showed their beautiful Canine Pooches in the ring. These young men and women are our Country Sports people of tomorrow and will carry on the Country Sport pursuits long after we have gone beyond the clouds. So it pays off to start them young. There was a burger stand there with very nice food and other goodies for the children.
      Very soon it was Racing and Showing time. Here are the Results :
      Racing Results : Courtesy of Michael Mc Grath
      Elite Big Dogs 
      1/ Michael Mcgrath with Bob
      Reserve
      Michael Mcgrath with Stella
      Hairy Dogs 
      1/ Earl Gardiner with Chase 
      Reserve 
      Michael Mcgrath with Stella 
      Bull Cross 
      1/ Jamie O Connor with Zeus
      Reserve 
      Rory with Blue 
      Under 24s 
      1/ Lindsay Gardiner Magill with Briar  Reserve 
      John with Lass 
      Under 23s Elite 
      1/  Rose McCoy with Texas 
      Reserve 
      Lisa Beggs with Nina
      Under 21s 
      1/  Patsy McCoy with Dallas 
      Reserve
      Rose McCoy with Lexi 
      Under 23s Traditional Lurcher 
      1/  MJ Fennelly with Leela  
      Reserve Ned with Chase 
      Whippets
      1/ Anthony Mcgrath with Mouse Reserve 
      Lisa Beggs with Prydzy 
      Whippets Pups 
      1/ Anthony Mcgrath with Sally
      Reserve
      John Mc Stay with Buster
      Champion Whippet
      Lisa Beggs with Prydzy
      Reserve
      Suzanne Addis with Willow
      Champion Lurcher
      Stewarty Graham with Ace
      Reserve
      Earl Gardiner with Silas
      Champion Terrier
      Sam Mc Cullough with Jock
      Reserve
      Tom Barry with Jabba
      Champion Strong Dog
      Tom Barry with Shamgar
      Reserve
      Tom Barry with Sully ( Handled by Thomas Coleman)
      Overall Champion Puppy 
      Reece Curran with Solo
      Overall Show Champion and Best in Show
      Sam Mc Cullough with Jock
      Congratulations to all above winners.
      Finally, may I take this opportunity to thank the judges on the day
      Whippets –Stephen Kennedy
      Lurchers – Roy Nixon
      Terriers   -  Graham Brennan
      Strong Dogs – Trevor Coulter
      Handling Classes – Dorita Manson
      Judging is not an easy job at any time, but all of you carried out your duties very professionally and fair.
      A Big shout out to Michael and Jack Mc Grath and the Mc Grath Racing Team for the very efficient and fair way you carried out the racing. All racing went like clockwork, and I am sure Mammy Mc Grath was very proud of her boys on Sunday. Well done the Mc Grath Racing Team
      And Finally,Finally, Dessie Mackin  words cannot express our gratitude to you and your back up team, for all the hard work and sleepless nights you have put in organising this show in the face of adversity, and to make the end result so successful on the day.  
       Dessie , your show was a credit to you, the venue excellent and a most enjoyable and relaxing day was had by all. Another step forward in our Country Sports the Sport I love. Every show we run brings the enjoyment of the sport to the Forefront, especially a well run show like this. Again in Country Sport a big thank you Dessie, and I will look forward to more of the same next year please God.
      Margaret Mc Stay 

• By appleblossom
      THE DWTC DOG SHOW CLASSES SUNDAY 29th MAY 22
      FOR YOUR SAT NAVS :
      MULLABRACK ROAD
      GILFORD
      CO DOWN
      BT63 6PB
      RAFFLE TICKETS AVAILABLE, AMAZING PRIZES
      ALL PROCEEDS FROM THIS YEARS RAFFLE WILL GO TO THE SOUTHERN AREA HOSPICE SERVICES, ST JOHNS HOUSE,NEWRY,THEY TOOK GREAT CARE OF "TOMS"  SISTER BERNIE WHO SADLY LOST HER FIGHT TO CANCER IN NOVEMBER 21.
      SOME OF THE PRIZES BELOW:
      PRINTS FROM JOHN R MOOREIRISH WILD LIFE & SPORTING ARTIST
      DINNER AT JOE MACS BAR & RESTUARANT PORTADOWN
      BLACKBERRY HILL FARM FAMILY PASS

**HERE ARE THE CLASSES FOR SUNDAYS SHOW**
      WHIPPETS
      1/ WHIPPET PUP DOG OR BITCH UNDER 1 YEAR OLD
      2/ WHIPPET DOG
      3/ WHIPPET BITCH
      4/ WORKING WHIPPET
      5/ RACING WHIPPET
      6/ VETERN WHIPPET
      7/ WHIPPET PAIRS
      FINAL 2-6
      LURCHERS
      1/ ANY PUP UNDER ONE YEAR DOG OR BITCH
      2/ SMOOTH UNDER 23
      3/ SMOOTH OVER 23
      4/ ROUGH UNDER AND OVER 23 ( IF ENOUGH THIS CLASS WILL BE SPLIT)
      5/ BULLX DOG OR BITCH 
      6/ COLLIE X DOG OR BITCH
      7/ HARE DOG OR BITCH
      8/ FOX DOG OR BITCH
      9/ WHIPPET X DOG OR BITCH
      10/ VETERN DOG OR BITCH

FINAL 2- 10
      TERRIERS
      1/ ANY VARIETY PUP UNDER ONE YEAR OLD DOG OR BITCH
      2/ RUSSELL DOG OR BITCH
      3/ LAKELAND DOG OR BITCH
      4/ PATTERDALE DOG OR BITCH
      5/ BORDER DOG OR BITCH
      6/ ANY CROSSBRED DOG OR BITCH
      7/ WORKING CLASS
      8/ ANY VETERN DOG OR BITCH
      9/ TERRIER PAIRS
      FINAL 2 - 8
      STRONG DOGS
      1/ ANY VARIETY PUP UNDER 1 YEAR OLD
      2/ SMALL SHOW TYPE STAFFORD DOG AND  BITCH
      3/ WORKING TYPE STAFFORD DOG AND BITCH
      4/ ENGLISH BULLDOG  AND BITCH
      5/ X1 BULLY CLASS DOG  AND BITCH
      6/ WHEATEN CLASS DOG OR BITCH
      7/ AMERICAN BULLDOG CLASS DOG OR BITCH
      8/ WORKING CLASS DOG OR BITCH
      9/ HALF BREED STAFFORD DOG AND BITCH
      10/ DWTC MEMBERS DOG
      FINAL 2-8
      FOR TOM BARRY
      MARGARET MC STAY
    • By appleblossom
      ONLY 3 MORE SLEEPS WHOO HOO NEXT TOP DOG SHOW ON THE HORIZON DONT YOU FORGET NOW SATURDAY 21st MAY 22 LAURENCETOWN WORKING TERRIER , LURCHER, WHIPPET , STRONG DOG AND FRENCHIE DOG SHOW AND RACE DAY WILL TAKE PLACE SATURDAY 21st MAY 22 AT HOLLYMOUNT ROAD, LAURENCETOWN, CO DOWN. FOR YOUR SAT NAVS : HOLLYMOUNT ROAD LAURENCETOWN BANBRIDGE CO DOWN BT63 6EN Gates Open 10.00am ( Organisers will be in the field from 9.00am.) Racing will commence at 11.30am, signing in and measuring from 10.15am. Full list of Racing Classes will be up Shortly as will the showing Classes Also There will also be classes for Bullys and Frenchies Child Handling Class Ladies and Gents Handling Classes All Dogs must be Muzzled when Racing Admission £5.00 All Classes £3.0
    • By appleblossom
      THE IRISH ASSOCIATION OF WORKING DOGS  SHOW AND RACE DAY, IN CONJUNCTION WITH KILTROUGH  LURCHERS WORKING DOG CLUB SUNDAY15th MAY 22
      Ballinabrannagh is a small village in County Carlow, and makes up part of the beautiful rural scenic coastline of the south of Ireland.  This was the venue for the Irish Association of Working Dogs in conjunction with Kiltrough Lurchers  Working Dog Club Show and Race day Sunday 15th May 22. 
      The good lord was good to us on the day as the sun shone for most of the day getting a little cooler in the evening. Canine people from North and South of the border with their families, dogs and trailers came out in force to support this great charity Dog Show and Race day. 
      As the work in the field is over for this season, there was a very nice friendly crowd at the show. Some old faces and some new ones backed up with an abundance of craic and banter. Just an all round lovely relaxing family day out for all the Canine men and women after the pandemic.
      Niall O Cloghan was there with his Terrier Maze along with his two young sons to help. This is a Country Sport on its own and is really taking off at all the dog shows up and down the Country. The craic and the banter this Terrier Maze generated was mighty. It was one of my favourite parts of the show. If you need Niall for your show pm him on his facebook page. You will not be disappointed.
      Again the Ferretts did not disappoint both in showing and racing. It amazes me the way the young folk can handle these we animals. I am a coward around them, but these children and adults put me to shame and all professionals at their game. The roars of laughter that echoed around the field when these little creatures were racing would do your heart good, was just brilliant. Well done to all involved.
      On my travels around the field I spoke to some great Country Sports people. Along the way I met up with Jim Mulcahey, husband of AnneMarie Mulcahey our brilliant photographer in Country Sports. Jim has a wealth of knowledge, a great conversationist, and also a brilliant photographer.
      Jenny O Meara was there with her winning Canine friends. It is always so nice to speak to Jenny, she is such a genuine nice happy person with a beautiful deep southern accent and loves her dogs. As I moved along I bumped into Rochelle Duffy and her beautiful little girl Georgia. The last time I spoke to Rochelle was when she was pregnant with Georgia, which I think was 5 or 6 years ago. It was great to chat about all the water that has run under the bridge since those years and also to meet Miss   Geogia. And just before the showing started Trich Donagh and myself walked up the field spilling out all our personal secrets to each other. This lady is one of the nicest caring people on this planet. Trich, you should have been a councillor, you have a great way with words.
      Heading back to base I could hear the dulcet tones of our young lady on the PA System. What can I say about the brilliant job Jade Dunphy did on Sunday. Jade you done a wonderful job keeping everyone on their toes. We would have been lost without you.
      Stephanie O Connor and the racing team took everything in their stride and pulled off a great days racing. Well done Stephanie and team
      Time passes so quickly, very soon it was Racing and Showing Time. Ferrett Results
      **Ferrett Showing and Racing Results
      Cooper Magee with Chelsea
      Reserve
      Lucy Davis with Ferris
      **Ferrett Racing Champion
      Sophie Brooks with Rabbit
      Here are the Racing Results Curtesy of Dermot Lawless.
       Racing Results
       **Terrier Maze  Run by Niall O Cloghan
      1/ Guy Watts with Trixie
      2/ Harriet Holden with Pixie
      3/ Guy Watts with Brown Box
      Whippets: 
      1/ Donna with Molly Mae
      Reserve
      Anthony with Mouse
      Under 21 Lurcher:
      1/ Yapper Hayes with Jess
      Reserve
      Donna with Starlight
      Under 24  Rough
      1/ Sean with Rose
      Reserve
      Sam with Sandy
      Over 24 Hairy:
       1/ Eddie with Duke
      Reserve
      Adam with Joey
      Under 24 Smooth 
       1/ Seamus with Speedy
      Reserve
      John with Lass
      Over 24 Smooth:
       1/ Jimmy with Jess
      Reserve
      Michael with Wexford
      Bull Cross:
      1/ Jimmy with Lady
      Reserve
      Maurice McDowell with Bear
      Showing Results : Curtesy of Jed Donagh
      Champion Strong Dog Pup - Ricky Bernard with Otto,Handled by Renee O Keeffe 
      Champion Strong Dog 
      Stephen Gannon with Archie 
      Reserve   
      William Lynch with Turbo .
      Champion Terrier Pup  - Terry Moore 
      Reserve Champion  
      Darragh with Pepper. 
      Champion Beagle Pup 
      Jonathan Dunphy with Pibby.
      Champion Whippet Pup 
      Joyce Scott with Milo
      Reserve Champion 
      John Shaw 
      Champion Whippet 
      Cayce Coyle with Prince
      Reserve Daniel with Kenny
      Champion Lurcher Pup 
      Reece Curran with Soul
      Justin Power with Bella.
      Overall Champion Pup 
      Reece Curran with Soul
      Reserve Champion Pup 
      Joyce Scott with Milo
      Overall Champion and Best in Show
      JP OHagan with Tyson 
      Reserve Champion 
      Stephen Gannon with Archie
      Pets
      Champion Pet
      Johnny with Sully
      Reserve
      Anthony with RosiE
      *Congratulations to all the above winners and well done.
      And Finally, on behalf of the Club I would like to thank the Judges on the day for a job well done :
      Lurcher Judge  / John Ryan 
      Terrier  Judge  /  Ciaran Fullen.
      Whippet Judge / Shane Ennis 
      Hound Judge   /Derek O' Connor 
      Strong Dog Judge / Ryan O' Neill
      Hound Judge  / Dennis Murphy
      Thank you so much for the beautiful presentatation you made to me. The plaque is just beautiful and was such a surprise, so unexpected and from the bottom of my heart so much appreciated.
      And Finally, Finally, all of this would not be possible without the 2 main men at the helm, Jed Donagh and Dermot Lawless and their  brilliant back up team. It was evident on the day that a lot of organisational skills and sleepless nights went into planning this brilliant event.  Your show was a credit to the club and you made every one so welcome. You went over and above the call of duty here with your Trophies, Rosettes, Meal and Raffle Prizes.  
      Had a great day at this show and we are already looking forward to more of the same shortly.
      Margaret Mc Stay