J Darcy New Books..

Received the latest offerings regarding books through the post today by Darcy,In Pursuit of the Largest & Now That's What I Call Lurcherwork IV..I haven't read them from front to back as I've been on a 350 mile trip out with the dog today,but read a couple of chapters from each book now I'm sat down for the day & I've really enjoyed what I've read & seen so far..I'm known to take the micky out of JD but I will always be honest about things & what I will say is the books are well worth adding to your collection,for the money they are brilliant! Hope those that have them on order & or have had them delivered are happy with their purchases..fair play to JD ,he puts in the hard miles by motor & the hard yard's on foot with the dog's as many of us do..he must of stuck in at school & especially English because he sure as s##t has a great way of writing ??

Screenshot_2021-12-01-17-39-28-485_com.miui.gallery.jpg

IMG_20211201_173918.jpg

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

Are you in it Andy or thought about doing a book yourself

? Aye got a mention or three bud,I always say I'll do something when I retire & that day isn't far away trust me ?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

I don't think you will ever fully retire Andy .You should pen something be a interesting read and you have some good photos .

Plenty of bad ones too trust me ? the old dog is fast closing in on retirement & I've decided we'll call it a day together ? it's been a great journey but both his & my body are as good as f###ed matey unfortunately.

PSX_20210226_173706.jpg

• Like 9
21 minutes ago, FUJI said:

Plenty of bad ones too trust me ? the old dog is fast closing in on retirement & I've decided we'll call it a day together ? it's been a great journey but both his & my body are as good as f###ed matey unfortunately.

PSX_20210226_173706.jpg

By bad ones you just mean "ones with character".

I have the books ordered but they may take a day or two longer to reach Ireland. Can't wait!

Get your book/books out soon mate. The minshaw thread was epic and photos on it are gone.

Edited by Maximus Ferret
  • Like 3
9 minutes ago, Netmaker said:

just ordered my three Darcy books got the rest so may as well have these always a good read JD's books

Fair play bud,I have my personal favourites of JD's books & although I enjoy a read of them all the 'Of Dog's & Deer' is a totally unique & brilliant book in my opinion ?

• Like 4
9 hours ago, taffey said:

He messaged yesterday said mine on way look forward to reading them he puts the hard miles in and does pen a good read based on facts not fiction ?

Aye,the man is as keen as anyone I know to be honest Taff & most importantly to me he's honest & trustworthy,that's why I've always got on well with him as I know you do too,honesty & trust goes a long way with me,especially in our game..hope you & the family plus the team of lads are all doing good ? let everyone know I was asking after them please,I'll 100% get myself off my rear end and come see y'all..some of the best day's of my life have been in the company of you both with the mongrels & in the pub too ?..like I said about JD all of you there are top notch,honest as the day is long & could be trusted with your life..my circle of friends is small but the ones in it I know are the right one's ? see you all soon Taff,keep em spinning ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Great to see some new books out on the fabulous Lurcher?

Its been a hard old year with the Covid, and I think we could all do with a bit of Xmas cheer.

Stay safe now lads,.. kind regards, OldPhil?

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 1

There's people who slag off the lurcher book writer, but not me !

I think it's a skill, an art, and if they use a little bit of "poetic license", so what, It's not supposed to be a reference book !

Darcy's good at it, but then I'm a bit biased, a couple of my dogs got a mention in one of his books ! ? !

Cheers.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, OldPhil said:

Its been a hard old year with the Covid, and I think we could all do with a bit of Xmas cheer..

Here is a nice, lightly read book, from the same author..

It is Number 50 in the original print run.

There are some lovely looking running dogs illustrated,.. and to be truthful,.. a few are absolute corkers?

Special price for Hunting Life members,.. just £48 with Free Delivery to your UK address!

DSC_7390.JPG

I'm sure I've had that book but can't find the thing. ?

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, OldPhil said:

Its been a hard old year with the Covid, and I think we could all do with a bit of Xmas cheer..

Here is a nice, lightly read book, from the same author..

It is Number 50 in the original print run.

There are some lovely looking running dogs illustrated,.. and to be truthful,.. a few are absolute corkers?

Special price for Hunting Life members,.. just £48 with Free Delivery to your UK address!

DSC_7390.JPG

If no one has spoken for it I will take it Phil. 

• Like 2