Any one watched this guy before from over in States with the mink. This mink he's working on this pic here made me laugh chasing the rats all over lake in an out of cover back an forth. The recall he has for these guys is unreal feeding them on mince when calling them back or after a kill. What amazed me is how trained they are an tame with thus guy. Wonder if any guys have them over here ? 

20211201_143339.jpg

• Like 1

I remember some of the vids and write ups he did on here and always enjoyed what he posted .

I'll stick with me ferrets ,I like me fingers, 

Last mink I come across was few months ago along a stream and the thing run up a tree with me dog just missing it and from its reaction when I try knock it down I wouldn't want the fcuker hanging on me hand so left the nasty b alone .

Edited by Moocher71
  • Haha 1

He's lost a few ,in the same manner that one can lose a ferret .I don't know if the recall is that strong in some of the videos I've watched as he just puts the carry cage up to the mink and at times I've seen him lift up the muskrat with the mink hanging  off the other end & drop the lot into a field cage .However these were mink he had brought from a mink farm & on one of the last videos I watched, it was his plan to breed and handle young kits making them better to handle in general, because I think he's been fanged a time or two .lol I bet the wee feckers can BITE!!

• Like 1
On 01/12/2021 at 18:53, Bangersanmash said:

Until a bet he got bad feed back like you do on here an he's thought f**k that ? 

Fella was very good with them mink Thers no doubt about that ,   don’t think he couldn’t get his head round the fact over here we hunted dispised em 

14 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

Fella was very good with them mink Thers no doubt about that ,   don’t think he couldn’t get his head round the fact over here we hunted dispised em 

Big word despise them init mate ? A can see many on here kicking off. It's upto him what he works with init ?  There just doing what they was put on earth to do what they do best an that's survive. Think there smart looking  had one walk past me " when a was fishing river few feet away just plodded past " Brave lol. Was a big old lump too. But seeing them on YouTube he's got ad love to rear one up an get it working. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Bangersanmash said:

Big word despise them init mate ? A can see many on here kicking off. It's upto him what he works with init ?  There just doing what they was put on earth to do what they do best an that's survive. Think there smart looking  had one walk past me " when a was fishing river few feet away just plodded past " Brave lol. Was a big old lump too. But seeing them on YouTube he's got ad love to rear one up an get it working. 

Don’t take my words wrong way I ran a pack years for em yes I hated them for damage they done on our fragile waters but that’s me but coukd still see he was exceptional with them and told him so 

Edited by green lurchers
  • Like 1
12 hours ago, green lurchers said:

Don’t take my words wrong way I ran a pack years for em yes I hated them for damage they done on our fragile waters but that’s me but coukd still see he was exceptional with them and told him so 

Definitely mate I've seen it myself on local cindicate waters these that look like garden ponds you can throw a stone to other side lol. But you have to blame man for that years ago keeping in numbers of mink to use there jackets. Then some simple b*****ds have gathered an thought I know what will release them into the wild not knowing what damage it would do to our native wild life an the mink them self's. The best thing would of been just to kill them burn the mink farms down rid them from the UK. But I do believe if only a handful would of been let free they would be now the same as weasels an stoats many don't like them but we can live with them. They play a big part in the ecosystem they keep diseases down an do what they was put on earth for. I once saw a stoat up Grassington. Well at first a didn't see it there was a rabbit in the middle of the road on its side. An as me an my pal got towards it a says f**k me look at that mate it's puddings are all out Al get that for ferret fod thought it had just been run over. So I've jumped out of the motor an as I've got closer , it started to move what I thought was inners was the f***ing stoat lol. A was shocked never seen owt as small mate.  The stoat must of run it down an tired it out on road bad place for both of them lol. I couldn't get my head round how small it Was an to take prey Down like that. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Bangersanmash said:

Definitely mate I've seen it myself on local cindicate waters these that look like garden ponds you can throw a stone to other side lol. But you have to blame man for that years ago keeping in numbers of mink to use there jackets. Then some simple b*****ds have gathered an thought I know what will release them into the wild not knowing what damage it would do to our native wild life an the mink them self's. The best thing would of been just to kill them burn the mink farms down rid them from the UK. But I do believe if only a handful would of been let free they would be now the same as weasels an stoats many don't like them but we can live with them. They play a big part in the ecosystem they keep diseases down an do what they was put on earth for. I once saw a stoat up Grassington. Well at first a didn't see it there was a rabbit in the middle of the road on its side. An as me an my pal got towards it a says f**k me look at that mate it's puddings are all out Al get that for ferret fod thought it had just been run over. So I've jumped out of the motor an as I've got closer , it started to move what I thought was inners was the f***ing stoat lol. A was shocked never seen owt as small mate.  The stoat must of run it down an tired it out on road bad place for both of them lol. I couldn't get my head round how small it Was an to take prey Down like that. 

Mink are detrimental to stoat weasel anything aquatic maybe not snapping turtles and any thing that nests on river and beyond some nests tell a story of type of birds they eat they mincemeat pretty much everything barring a couple aside one of the most difficult to hunt catch  I don’t like em never will sooner eradicate em but as said the fella is very skill full 

Edited by green lurchers

It's more common than you think over in the US. I know several trappers that keep them as pets. Also, a few more on youtube. Even some blonde anti on there, walking one around on a bloody lead. Think the difference with Carter, is that he hunts them. Not only that, he hunts them with dogs. I recon his hunting methods are strongly influenced by how we hunt over here. 

• Like 3