So these are your heros testing their dogs ?

2 minutes ago, poxon said:

Must of been bull x lads ?

To be fair there’s a lad go keeps 4 big bull x who hammers the same place but he either comes very early hours or first light, parks his van in a sensible place and smashed what he does, clears up after himself and f*cks off. So no one has minded bout him. 

• Like 2

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't know if it's the way you phrase it, or the way I read it, but you allways seem to equate lads on here who actually work their dogs, with the arseholes who you despise so much. Well, we ar

Fair play i definetly wasn’t expecting that. ?   it just saddens me to think that people would genuinely believe the way to get the most out of what little sport we have left is to have a total

I’ve noticed that this is how you argue with folk. If you don’t have an argument you just change it to try to make it look like the person you’re debating with is arguing a stupid point. Either that o

Posted Images

3 hours ago, WILF said:

Genuine question, silly question really as it’s so “what if” but would you refuse a line from a top class animal owned by a lad doing it “wrong” ?

Im just curious how do good dogs get in the hands of bad dogmen im only going by gamedogs years ago but that was a very rare thing that a top quality dog got into the hands of a " poor owner " for want of a better term.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, chartpolski said:

I don't know if it's the way you phrase it, or the way I read it, but you allways seem to equate lads on here who actually work their dogs, with the arseholes who you despise so much.

Well, we are not, and I resent the implication.

Theres an old saying, "running with the fox, and hunting with the hounds", which is what you appear to be doing by the tone of some of your posts.

Theres allways been shithouses in the game, but the internet has highlighted them.........we are not all in thrall to these people, they're NOT our heros. ?

Cheers.

met a few so called heros with lurchers and terriers...the old sayings true

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Mother_Mary said:

Fair play i definetly wasn’t expecting that. ?

it just saddens me to think that people would genuinely believe the way to get the most out of what little sport we have left is to have a total disregard for respect of the landowner, the quarry and ourselves to achieve this. 
IMO it’s not the truth there are scores of lads up and down the country getting the most out there animals be that terriers or lurchers without degrading themselves like this. 
the reason you don’t hear about it is because quite rightly so they don’t want to be heard. 

I’ll be a long time dead before I lower myself to be associated  with pieces of shit like that never mind ask them for a lining. 

Good post mate...

We all know dog work is getting harder and harder to continue, if your lucky with good permision you can still get stuck in, but if your jumping the fence why the f**k you'd want to bring a load of attention to yourself is beyond me... there are loads of good lads still in the game and if your decent you'll get a day out or a pup at a decent price etc... problem is all the outside world see are the dickheads, smashing the places up, killing for the sake of it (no sport at all) and robbing along the way... wouldn't have a clue what their dogs are like cause I wouldn't be in their company.... 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Mother_Mary said:

Fair play i definetly wasn’t expecting that. ?

it just saddens me to think that people would genuinely believe the way to get the most out of what little sport we have left is to have a total disregard for respect of the landowner, the quarry and ourselves to achieve this. 
IMO it’s not the truth there are scores of lads up and down the country getting the most out there animals be that terriers or lurchers without degrading themselves like this. 
the reason you don’t hear about it is because quite rightly so they don’t want to be heard. 

I’ll be a long time dead before I lower myself to be associated  with pieces of shit like that never mind ask them for a lining. 

??%

2 hours ago, sid g said:

you think lads bombing round fields mob handed in scrap cars are really going to the trouble of breeding top class lines c`mon mate your having a laugh how many of this type of lad do you know ? at a guess none dogs change hands in these circles daily if they dont cut it they get left in the fields , there still are lads door knocking and lads that go on land without permission that are doing it imo the right way ,, you really think lads that knock down gates rag the land in cars are going to the trouble of breeding top class coursing stuff ? 

Your right mate I do no a few lads that drive the fields and think they’ve had a good night if they get to right a few police cars off on the way home in a chase and none of them keep a dog for more than a season ?

3 hours ago, WILF said:

Hunting is an illegal activity, anyone doing it is up to nonsense in the eyes of the law but there you go…..it’s all history, lads doing it “right” are impressing nobody in all honesty……Doris who drops 2 quid in the WWF pot every week thinks you are a monster if you are killing a rabbit or a Panda !

Genuine question, silly question really as it’s so “what if” but would you refuse a line from a top class animal owned by a lad doing it “wrong” ?

I wouldn’t, don’t bother me how a man earns his living so to speak…..it’s a shit if it causes you hassle directly of course but if it don’t who care ?……hunting with dogs ain’t never coming back so it don’t matter !

Lads doing it right would impress me more than a wrong 'un with the best stud in the country. I'm picky about who I associate with and its worked out well for me so far. I've never had the best dogs in the world but I don't care, they do enough to keep me happy and doing it right and avoiding drama means I have plenty to go at without running the gauntlet unless I choose to. 

• Like 5
35 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Im just curious how do good dogs get in the hands of bad dogmen im only going by gamedogs years ago but that was a very rare thing that a top quality dog got into the hands of a " poor owner " for want of a better term.

Maybe they ain’t bad dogmen mate, maybe they are just rascals themselves.

I find these topics really interesting.

I remember one on here absolutely slating lads who matched dogs, cruel load of horrible b*****ds, hangings is too good for them, they are bringing it all on top and all of that.

Now, matching dogs wouldn’t really be my cup of tea but am i happy lads do it or did it ?……too bloody right.

If I wanted to get a bully x from scratch that’s the bloke I’d be looking for, for a line out of a really game dog……not the nice pet down the road.

Im sure many blokes in that job wouldn’t be the type of characters your every day mr tidy clean would want to spend time with…..but does that mean their dog isn’t worth using or that they ain’t doing what lots of others are not ?

They may be shit, who knows ?……but better to go where the action is imho 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, SheepChaser said:

I’ve noticed that this is how you argue with folk. If you don’t have an argument you just change it to try to make it look like the person you’re debating with is arguing a stupid point. Either that or you just don’t understand what people are saying, but I don’t think you are thick so doubt it’s that.

So what I’ve said is effectively this - 

“A man who goes out one night and kills a bunch of hares with his dogs doesn’t have too dogs that are well tested and the future of the sport if he goes about it in certain ways”

you change it to -

“I think we should be getting linings off dogs who catch three rabbits a weak because I don’t agree with people being naughty and breaking the law”

I’m all honesty if you wanted a lining from a great hare lamping dog would you go to the man who caught 6 hares last night or 10? 10 right? But what if the man who caught six ran and killed six good hares on good ground with one dog, but the man who had ten, ran over three of them, doubled up on the rest, chased them to f**k work a motor and bounced some of fences ? Simple answer to me, the man with six has the better dog. 

Im happy to go anywhere and hunt anything and I like going for numbers and I like big quarry. But that don’t mean I got no respect for no one or nothing else. I may be a criminal in the eyes of the public but I can still have some self respect and respect for the land and quarry I hunt. 

Great hare lamping dog and a lining lol 

17 minutes ago, WILF said:

I find these topics really interesting.

I remember one on here absolutely slating lads who matched dogs, cruel load of horrible b*****ds, hangings is too good for them, they are bringing it all on top and all of that.

Now, matching dogs wouldn’t really be my cup of tea but am i happy lads do it or did it ?……too bloody right.

If I wanted to get a bully x from scratch that’s the bloke I’d be looking for, for a line out of a really game dog……not the nice pet down the road.

Im sure many blokes in that job wouldn’t be the type of characters your every day mr tidy clean would want to spend time with…..but does that mean their dog isn’t worth using or that they ain’t doing what lots of others are not ?

They may be shit, who knows ?……but better to go where the action is imho 

personally i dont see it any crueler than doing pigs

• Like 1
7 hours ago, SheepChaser said:

Been on clean up duty this morning after some lads were out last night. Usual story, tyre tracks everywhere, dead hares dotted about the place. Couple fences smashed, gates off etc. Working the hares with a motor in fenced fields with more than one dog. Would these be those hero’s we spoke of on another thread ? 

E6CA5806-891F-4870-94B2-8B9D3B1DE76F.jpeg

This is some people’s version of a night out working the dogs…

1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

£££££

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1