So these are your heros testing their dogs ?

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't know if it's the way you phrase it, or the way I read it, but you allways seem to equate lads on here who actually work their dogs, with the arseholes who you despise so much. Well, we ar

Fair play i definetly wasn’t expecting that. ?   it just saddens me to think that people would genuinely believe the way to get the most out of what little sport we have left is to have a total

I’ve noticed that this is how you argue with folk. If you don’t have an argument you just change it to try to make it look like the person you’re debating with is arguing a stupid point. Either that o

Posted Images

Just now, dogmandont said:

I know there's always been retarded fcukwits in the lurcher game but there seems to be a worse quality of retard these days.

Deffo been worse since the ban mate.

Its an every night thing here all over. It’s getting like the Wild West. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, SheepChaser said:

Least two of the hares I picked up this morning ...... had been run over the the motor. So you’re really telling me that it don’t matter how they caught as long as the lads caught the gear right ?

Ive spent my morning picking up dead shit, fixing fences, re hanging gates and putting cattle back where they belong.

Deffo hard core dog men.

Re getting motors took DC - most ones we seem to find have plates on from a scrapped vehicle etc.

Got a burnt out CRV to pull out a field on my way home and all.

Seems like a lot of hassle just to go lamping...cutting out vin plates etc and risking driving around in them .. suppose you can't educate pork...just weigh in the motors Jay,few quid back from the scrap yard help with cost of repairs??

• Like 1
1 hour ago, C.green said:

? dunno bout all that feller all sounds abit extreme that. Youll often find when u walk alone on foot youll take the flack for someone whos f****d it up so hard to know what do for the best i think best way is each to his own just dont cry about consequences 

I've not been caught anywhere since before the ban,I've always been more into my digging so always on permission with a letter from landowners.when I run my dog anywhere but local I'm on someone else's ground......always take them a bottle of something for having me down,they drive the land in their jeeps,I keep my truck clean for the journey home so I don't get tugged with the nights quarry?

Hunting is an illegal activity, anyone doing it is up to nonsense in the eyes of the law but there you go…..it’s all history, lads doing it “right” are impressing nobody in all honesty……Doris who drops 2 quid in the WWF pot every week thinks you are a monster if you are killing a rabbit or a Panda !

Genuine question, silly question really as it’s so “what if” but would you refuse a line from a top class animal owned by a lad doing it “wrong” ?

I wouldn’t, don’t bother me how a man earns his living so to speak…..it’s a shit if it causes you hassle directly of course but if it don’t who care ?……hunting with dogs ain’t never coming back so it don’t matter !

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, WILF said:

Hunting is an illegal activity, anyone doing it is up to nonsense in the eyes of the law but there you go…..it’s all history, lads doing it “right” are impressing nobody in all honesty……Doris who drops 2 quid in the WWF pot every week thinks you are a monster if you are killing a rabbit or a Panda !

Genuine question, silly question really as it’s so “what if” but would you refuse a line from a top class animal owned by a lad doing it “wrong” ?

I wouldn’t, don’t bother me how a man earns his living so to speak…..it’s a shit if it causes you hassle directly of course but if it don’t who care ?……hunting with dogs ain’t never coming back so it don’t matter !

I’ve noticed that this is how you argue with folk. If you don’t have an argument you just change it to try to make it look like the person you’re debating with is arguing a stupid point. Either that or you just don’t understand what people are saying, but I don’t think you are thick so doubt it’s that.

So what I’ve said is effectively this - 

“A man who goes out one night and kills a bunch of hares with his dogs doesn’t have too dogs that are well tested and the future of the sport if he goes about it in certain ways”

you change it to -

“I think we should be getting linings off dogs who catch three rabbits a weak because I don’t agree with people being naughty and breaking the law”

I’m all honesty if you wanted a lining from a great hare lamping dog would you go to the man who caught 6 hares last night or 10? 10 right? But what if the man who caught six ran and killed six good hares on good ground with one dog, but the man who had ten, ran over three of them, doubled up on the rest, chased them to f**k work a motor and bounced some of fences ? Simple answer to me, the man with six has the better dog. 

Im happy to go anywhere and hunt anything and I like going for numbers and I like big quarry. But that don’t mean I got no respect for no one or nothing else. I may be a criminal in the eyes of the public but I can still have some self respect and respect for the land and quarry I hunt. 

• Like 12
1 minute ago, SheepChaser said:

I’ve noticed that this is how you argue with folk. If you don’t have an argument you just change it to try to make it look like the person you’re debating with is arguing a stupid point. Either that or you just don’t understand what people are saying, but I don’t think you are thick so doubt it’s that.

So what I’ve said is effectively this - 

“A man who goes out one night and kills a bunch of hares with his dogs doesn’t have too dogs that are well tested and the future of the sport if he goes about it in certain ways”

you change it to -

“I think we should be getting linings off dogs who catch three rabbits a weak because I don’t agree with people being naughty and breaking the law”

I’m all honesty if you wanted a lining from a great hare lamping dog would you go to the man who caught 6 hares last night or 10? 10 right? But what if the man who caught six ran and killed six good hares on good ground with one dog, but the man who had ten, ran over three of them, doubled up on the rest, chased them to f**k work a motor and bounced some of fences ? Simple answer to me, the man with six has the better dog. 

Im happy to go anywhere and hunt anything and I like going for numbers and I like big quarry. But that don’t mean I got no respect for no one or nothing else. I may be a criminal in the eyes of the public but I can still have some self respect and respect for the land and quarry I hunt. 

And mate, ain’t that life, you crack on how you want to crack on and let others do the same…..the only time it’s affecting you is when you are putting the fence back together or repairing the damage.

Other than that, lads on an estate somewhere 20 handed ain’t affecting you…..what they going to do, ban hunting ? 

Just be happy there are lads still cracking on or you will be attempting to break the law like a gentleman with a spaniel cross in 15 years time. 

Don’t know why everyone gets their knickers in a twist, our ship has sailed ! 

• Like 1
Just now, WILF said:

And mate, ain’t that life, you crack on how you want to crack on and let others do the same…..the only time it’s affecting you is when you are putting the fence back together or repairing the damage.

Other than that, lads on an estate somewhere 20 handed ain’t affecting you…..what they going to do, ban hunting ? 

Just be happy there are lads still cracking on or you will be attempting to break the law like a gentleman with a spaniel cross in 15 years time. 

Don’t know why everyone gets their knickers in a twist, our ship has sailed ! 

Did you actually read what I just wrote cos you’re just doing it again ? 

When did I say I wasn’t happy with lads cracking on? 

why are you mocking me for ‘breaking the law like a gentleman’? 

But what they do round here is getting to be just shite dogs and shite hunters making a mess. Funnily enough we don’t find many of the big fallow bucks or even any good roe bucks etc dead and left ? only young stuff etx. So if they were that good ....... 

So it’s not effecting me other than the fact that it’s happening on my land, they are smashing fences I’m responsible for and wrecking crops one drilled, letting out and stirring up stock I make my living from. Oh and making the land I hunt hotter etc. Would fairly well say it’s effecting me ? 

And about that getting your knickers in a twist thing - it don’t really effect me if Santa Claus is portrayed as gay or to be honest how many immigrants shit all over London. But we still debate it ? it’s what forums are for! 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, chartpolski said:

I don't know if it's the way you phrase it, or the way I read it, but you allways seem to equate lads on here who actually work their dogs, with the arseholes who you despise so much.

Well, we are not, and I resent the implication.

Theres an old saying, "running with the fox, and hunting with the hounds", which is what you appear to be doing by the tone of some of your posts.

Theres allways been shithouses in the game, but the internet has highlighted them.........we are not all in thrall to these people, they're NOT our heros. ?

Cheers.

The thing is I,m quite glad those people are around as it takes the spotlight away from the likes of me, the police are just looking for dodgy 4x4s and groups of men with packs of dogs and everybody just ignores the old fella who’s out walking all the time I tip my hat to farmers and farm workers make a point of getting seen by people and everyone just thinks I,m part and parcel we’re as in truth none of them no me were I come from or were I disappear off to at the end of the day, I love sitting in a little hidey hole watching people running round like headless chickens looking for me, not had my collar felt in 30 years and still carry on much as I always have, sheepchaser would probably not even no I’d been round ??

• Like 2
1 minute ago, SheepChaser said:

Did you actually read what I just wrote cos you’re just doing it again ? 

When did I say I wasn’t happy with lads cracking on? 

why are you mocking me for ‘breaking the law like a gentleman’? 

But what they do round here is getting to be just shite dogs and shite hunters making a mess. Funnily enough we don’t find many of the big fallow bucks or even any good roe bucks etc dead and left ? only young stuff etx. So if they were that good ....... 

So it’s not effecting me other than the fact that it’s happening on my land, they are smashing fences I’m responsible for and wrecking crops one drilled, letting out and stirring up stock I make my living from. Oh and making the land I hunt hotter etc. Would fairly well say it’s effecting me ? 

And about that getting your knickers in a twist thing - it don’t really effect me if Santa Claus is portrayed as gay or to be honest how many immigrants shit all over London. But we still debate it ? it’s what forums are for! 

I get you perfectly well mate, but I think what lads have to realise is (not just you) that all this “Leave only a bent blade of grass” shit was only relevant when there was still half a hope that we could get hunting back……now it’s never coming back, who gives a shit ? 

Everyone conducts themselves how they want, but lads conducting themselves well within the confines of the law or even just a little outside of it are never going to own stuff as good as lads absolutely smashing the granny out of it….they just won’t as a rule of thumb.

I know there are nice quiet lads who own very, very good stuff but that pool is naturally drying up……I don’t give a toss what anyone says, it’s a fact.

Like them or loath them, lads who are out zero fucks given will be the only blood left in not too long a span of time.

The other stuff won’t be getable ! 

• Like 2