New business for the lad

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fin has set up a little log business, splitting and bagging and I'll run out a truck load if he get a bigger enquiry, Mrs set up a bit on Insta for him last night. He got his first couple of sale

Well he got his bike, fair play he grafted and I’ll add a bit if that’s the case… provisional on route… 

When I moved into this place I had a couple of hundred breeze blocks that needed shifting around 50 meters to the back of the garden where I was building my kennels/workshop etc. Had a young 18 year o

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Mossberg12 said:

good on him mate....tell him to sort the hair out though....so 90s?

atb m

The jealousy I have over his hair is unreal!! lol... It's like a mirror to the past, 30 years ago unfortunately!! lol

4 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Awsome mate, sure i told ye before I started a little mole business durin the lockdown so my my lad could see how a bit hard graft an using your nut can get you what ever you want, within reason haha well it’s went much better than expected, i been left doing most the graft but it’s deffo worked as he has got his brain doing over time now an now see’s himself as capable of anything ?

If only I was closer tho or od have had a load a logs off the lad ??

Yeah I've seen and had the odd yap with you about your new venture, great stuff mate, glad it's going well and like you say the kids see what a bit of entreprenurial spirit and graft can do! It's only a good thing IMO, like you say open their eyes to possibilities and teaches them a bit of work ethic.

I was away in Milton Keynes this weekend and he was in the yard chopping when I got home yesterday afternoon, Mrs reckons he done a good few hours on Saturday as well....fair play, its hard graft! lol

We're gonna tap up the local couple of pubs and see if they'll take a truck full every so often, he's gonna do a load of kindling now (got loads of old pallets etc) and bag it up.... I can see me driving all over the place and he'll be in his counting house!! lol

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

The jealousy I have over his hair is unreal!! lol... It's like a mirror to the past, 30 years ago unfortunately!! lol

.i wore the same style in my 90s hayday lol......its great to see young uns doing a bit of graft this day and age.....,something i encourage my 2 kids to do regular as it makes them appreciate things more when the have earned it.be proud of him....really good to see?

• Like 1
Just now, Mossberg12 said:

.i wore the same style in my 90s hayday lol......its great to see young uns doing a bit of graft this day and age.....,something i encourage my 2 kids to do regular as it makes them appreciate things more when the have earned it.be proud of him....really good to see?

Absolutely mate, it is something to be proud of when the get stuck in!!

He don't ask for anything to be honest (my daughters are a bit different!! lol)... he's saved £700 from bday and christmas money, he won't spend it, it's lined up for this bike.

I got him a trials bike 3 or 4 years ago, I said to trade that in as well....

All he's spent on is his board masters tickets for next year, Kings of Leon are headlining... he's booked all 5 days with his mates... f**k I wish I was young again!! lol

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, walshie said:

Good for him. Wait till he finds out Mum is charging 20% for the Instagram exposure and Dad is charging 20% because he's a cnut. :laugh:

Great to see youngsters working for stuff they want. 

too right Dave!! lol

I was estimating a job the other day, had the plans out, scale ruler, calculator etc... he looks over my shoulder... " I could do that Dad"... I say "yeah OK, I'll teach you then pay you a cut to do it".... his reply "I want 80%!!!" lol he aint stupid, I got him to 35%.... I f**k hate estimating so he might have some extra homework once his mocks are finished!!! lol

• Like 1