Raw Diet.

On 29/11/2021 at 19:36, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I ve fed raw and they’ve done alright and other times the dogs have ran like pigs 

I went back to super greyhound with oil and bone meal broth with some scrappy meat on and they were monsters. 

one thing I did notice that may be random but was that the dogs were thrashed by the cold only feeding raw , they carried very little “battle fat” and seemed to feel it more than when they were carrying a bit of hard weight . 

Supa greyhound that brings back some memories lol I didn't know that was still about

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i swear by the raw,alot of folks can't be f****d with the smell/prep work...got a  litter due next few days..they will be weaned on a good mixed barf diet,give them the best start,less smell,shit to p

why cook it.....just chuck them down raw.....

Yeah, I sometimes cook up 'lights, lungs', etc when they are included in the Beef and Tripe mix, as these superfluous bits of offal can sometimes, go straight through a jukel,. but I would never feed

Posted Images

Yeah, I sometimes cook up 'lights, lungs', etc when they are included in the Beef and Tripe mix, as these superfluous bits of offal can sometimes, go straight through a jukel,. but I would never feed cooked bones to a running dog..

Obviously,.. scores of family dogs get away with eating left over chop bones from the dinner plate,. but I would rather not risk that expensive trip to the Vets...Bones in any shape or form, can cause problems, but on the whole, the raw choice is frequently the safest method...

However,.. its a personal choice so,.. 'each to their own'...?

Stay safe ,...kind regards, OldPhil.?

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 6
2 hours ago, OldPhil said:

Yeah, I sometimes cook up 'lights, lungs', etc when they are included in the Beef and Tripe mix, as these superfluous bits of offal can sometimes, go straight through a jukel,. but I would never feed cooked bones to a running dog..

Obviously,.. scores of family dogs get away with eating left over chop bones from the dinner plate,. but I would rather not risk that expensive trip to the Vets...Bones in any shape or form, can cause problems, but on the whole, the raw choice is frequently the safest method...

However,.. its a personal choice so,.. 'each to their own'...?

Stay safe ,...kind regards, OldPhil.?

PICT00130.jpg

you think cooked bones dodgy phil i dont give them cooked chicken bones mainly rabbit hares bambi mate 

pork lamb table scraps 

• Like 1

I agree, cooked bones go brittle and splinter, but I'll hold up my hands and admit I've fed dogs cooked bones from the kitchen for over 55 years without a problem, but if one of my dogs got a perforated bowel, I'd only have myself to blame !

By the way, my dogs are fed mainly raw and BARF, but being a tight bugger, very little foodstuff in my house gets wasted, it goes to the dogs and the poultry !

Cheers.

• Like 3