Raw Diet.

38 minutes ago, Big Ron said:

Why you buying venison mate ? Thought you had the ultimate deer killing machines ? ??

? ? i mainly buy venison lamb and beef mate beef and heart 

i’ve been slow this season mate to be honest and i don’t feed the dog it when i take them mate them and pheasant are me favourite game ? ?

• Haha 1

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i swear by the raw,alot of folks can't be f****d with the smell/prep work...got a  litter due next few days..they will be weaned on a good mixed barf diet,give them the best start,less smell,shit to p

why cook it.....just chuck them down raw.....

Yeah, I sometimes cook up 'lights, lungs', etc when they are included in the Beef and Tripe mix, as these superfluous bits of offal can sometimes, go straight through a jukel,. but I would never feed

Posted Images

Variety is the spice of life and diet. After 50 years of feeding I've settled on using a complete as a basis, puppy for puppy and adult for adult, presently using Skinner 26 working dog, along with lots of table scraps, chicken or breast of lamb couple of times a week or half a rabbit depending on season etc (as much for the teeth as for the diet). You shouldn't need to put supplements to this. Feed twice a day although latest research would suggest that once a day might be better the study group were pets so it may not be relevant to worker. If they start to get a little light as the work increases I increase the fat content a little with more breast of lamb or just a tablespoon of veg oil on each bowl. Dogs hold condition pretty well without being heavy.

20211126_122249.jpg.702ff5668fd119d0aca997de13cc29dc.jpg

Edited by sandymere
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, sandymere said:

Variety is the spice of life and diet. After 50 years of feeding I've settled on using a complete as a basis, puppy for puppy and adult for adult, presently using Skinner 26 working dog, along with lots of table scraps, chicken or breast of lamb couple of times a week or half a rabbit depending on season etc (as much for the teeth as for the diet). You shouldn't need to put supplements to this. Feed twice a day although latest research would suggest that once a day might be better the study group were pets so it may not be relevant to worker. If they start to get a little light as the work increases I increase the fat content a little with more breast of lamb or just a tablespoon of veg oil on each bowl. Dogs hold condition pretty well without being heavy.

20211126_122249.jpg.702ff5668fd119d0aca997de13cc29dc.jpg

looking ready to rock there sandy ?

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

? ? i mainly buy venison lamb and beef mate beef and heart 

i’ve been slow this season mate to be honest and i don’t feed the dog it when i take them mate them and pheasant are me favourite game ? ?

Oh right , I thought amount you kill be plenty spare for dogs ? ? but never mind just buy it instead makes perfect sense mate ? and I won’t come in your mouth I promise ?

• Haha 4
18 minutes ago, Big Ron said:

Oh right , I thought amount you kill be plenty spare for dogs ? ? but never mind just buy it instead makes perfect sense mate ? and I won’t come in your mouth I promise ?

they’ll get rib cages that’s about it id use legs front back and saddle mate not a great deal on one is there i don’t take them constant and do fack all with them there hard work at the min

i mainly run hares  but been mostly rabbits this season just hour at a time slowest i been for years 

Edited by mC HULL
39 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

they’ll get rib cages that’s about it id use legs front back and saddle mate not a great deal on one is there i don’t take them constant and do fack all with them there hard work at the min

i mainly run hares  but been mostly rabbits this season just hour at a time slowest i been for years 

Ur getting old mate like the rest off us lol ? only joking mate 

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, mC HULL said:

Think you should gift em to me until you're strong on your feet again mate. 

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, mC HULL said:

Not alot on them? What you knocking over Fawns??. My dogs get from the knees down,they enjoy the hoofs,the ribs and spine...the rest goes in me and the family....and it's a f***ing waste currying it??390537759_Screenshot_20211129-1835052.png.f1b69a516455d922ce3f59bf64d19401.pngDSC_0475.JPG.c2345ee362b365476db3912d4895c4f5.JPG

• Like 6
7 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Not alot on them? What you knocking over Fawns??. My dogs get from the knees down,they enjoy the hoofs,the ribs and spine...the rest goes in me and the family....and it's a f***ing waste currying it??390537759_Screenshot_20211129-1835052.png.f1b69a516455d922ce3f59bf64d19401.pngDSC_0475.JPG.c2345ee362b365476db3912d4895c4f5.JPG

Muntjac is the nicest for me. 

• Like 1

I’ve found The best thing for pups is variety, you won’t make a small type dog big but you can definitely get more out of it if given the right ingredients. Where I’ve noticed most people go wrong with pups is giving them a diet of pretty much all raw meat because they think protein is all they need, that’s when legs start to bend go soft because there is no calcium going in. Raw protein is important but certainly not just that, I always add bone builder/ calcium powder in with all raw. A mix of good puppy kibble, tripe, fish, cooked chicken(no bones) full fat milk even a mix of tinned dog meat here and there, just a good variety that keeps them interested in eating. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Jude said:

I’ve found The best thing for pups is variety, you won’t make a small type dog big but you can definitely get more out of it if given the right ingredients. Where I’ve noticed most people go wrong with pups is giving them a diet of pretty much all raw meat because they think protein is all they need, that’s when legs start to bend go soft because there is no calcium going in. Raw protein is important but certainly not just that, I always add bone builder/ calcium powder in with all raw. A mix of good puppy kibble, tripe, fish, cooked chicken(no bones) full fat milk even a mix of tinned dog meat here and there, just a good variety that keeps them interested in eating. 

Tin o bounce chunks ø